Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 11:20 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,721,676 times

Advertisements

ok, cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 11:52 AM

275 posts, read 1,471,715 times
Hey it was great meeting everyone last evening.

MoveEast - thanks for organizing the HH, lots of fun. Next time we can talk more about specific neighborhoods, accessibility to Metrorail, prices, etc. In general though you want to stay south of Downtown unless you are right along the bay to the north. REG was saying that he liked living in Dadeland and that may be a good option for you as it has good access to Metrorail. In addtion to the well known areas of Brickell and Coconut Grove, also check into a neighborhood called the "Roads", and also Shenandoah and Silver Bluff; they are all pretty centrally located in Miami.

REG65? -- nice meeting you, funny how you had also lived in Miami.

VegasPilgrim -- I mixed up names in our discussion of Florida -- the poster I was thinking of with the insane hatred of Miami was CiXeL -- Cil is now BlueWillowPlate and is a great and informative poster. Sorry about the mixup. CiXeL was banned a long time ago. Good luck at USC!

KoolKat -- Welcome to Denver. Good luck with the job situation. If you want to check out the antique shops/stores that you didn't get to on your last attempt, you can DM me, I live around the corner from a bunch of them, be happy to give you a tour of the neighborhood.

Enigma -- Good luck with your house, hope it all works out well for you guys. When you post the photos, please leave out the ones of the drunken orgy toward the end of the evening... i don't think my wife would approve.

LiveContent and Katiana -- though you were not there physically, you were there in spirit as your cyber postings led to some good animated conversation.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:03 PM

oh yes, good to mention LiveContent and Katiana. I wish you guys could have been there.

Moby: Thanks for the notes on Miami. I have a running log of notes. Since moving up to north Denver, I have realized that living close to mass transit is a definite requirement for me. It needs to be accessible anyway. We'd like to go down to one car again. And maybe get a scooter. Since I'll always be in law (considering law school) that puts me in major areas like Brickell. I work for a large local law firm here, which means I can get in easy in Miami's big law firms. My H will be commuting to gawd knows where since he's in IT (sys. admin.).

REG: Keep in touch!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:01 PM

3 posts, read 12,404 times
Default Good times..

Hey all, I just realized that Regnet65 was my OLD username (I really have too many accounts on these boards). My new user name is JDALTON4000. I must say I was a bit apprehensive meeting an internet crowd (we have a rep for being a bit eccentric) but I was pleasantly surprised that everyone was talkative and articulate. It just goes to show the best people ARE in Denver!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
I'm sorry I couldn't go. Maybe next time? Maybe we should do this about every 3 months or so? Someone different arranging it each time, perhaps.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:54 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Did anyone snap any photos? Can they be posted or linked?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:01 PM

I don't mind arranging, I'm good at it.

And JDalton, thanks for stopping by! I was a little iffy about the mtg., but silly me. I should have known better because honestly, was it going to be a bunch of nutbags that showed up? Of course not! haha

Charles: Enigmakairos took a pic but she is busy with home stuff and moving. So we'll post as soon as we see the pic.

Katiana: Sorry you couldn't make it!

All: Let's do it again, it was fun. Maybe we can try something different on a different day, different place. I think it is Katiana that lives in Boulder, no? Or Louisville. Anyway, maybe we could go for a weekend patio brunch or something.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:32 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
All: Let's do it again, it was fun. Maybe we can try something different on a different day, different place. I think it is Katiana that lives in Boulder, no? Or Louisville. Anyway, maybe we could go for a weekend patio brunch or something.
I'm near Monument but I could make it to the Denver area on a weekend, especially during the day, and especially if it was a kid friendly thing. Grill up some dogs and bird, pot luck, field games like volleyball or frisbee, kids stuff.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:17 AM

380 posts, read 1,228,437 times
Count me in !!

Old 06-02-2008, 12:00 PM

Charles: Go ahead and schedule your bbq thing if you don't mind, I'll probably be out only because my weekends are crazy these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver