Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:42 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
25 most dangerous neighborhoods 2010

I think this link backs up a lot of what is being discussed here. Click the "More on this neighborhood", then lifestyle tab.
A high majority of neighborhoods at the top of this list (except one in Las Vegas) are black neighborhoods.
If you look at the demographics, it also shows who is the most under siege. The persons who live in those neighborhoods.

It also begs these questions. Why does anyone commit wanton acts of violence?

Why does anyone resort to crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 08:55 AM

937 posts, read 2,835,057 times
Who knows, but it seems that police take more reports of robberies, murders and other violent crimes perpetrated by black males.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:59 PM

999 posts, read 4,529,024 times
Quote:
The first day of sixth grade I was the only Black kid in my homeroom. I also didn't feel completely welcomed there either. A little while after, my my father started to feel like it wasn't the place for him.

Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/detro...#ixzz11hzzXmM0
I'm pretty sure a white family from MI who moved to a rural area 45 minutes outside of Atlanta would have been just as "unaccepted" by the locals as you were. I think you might be being a little overly sensitive there. Same goes for many, if not most areas of the south, even areas where there are many northern transplants.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
I'm pretty sure a white family from MI who moved to a rural area 45 minutes outside of Atlanta would have been just as "unaccepted" by the locals as you were. I think you might be being a little overly sensitive there. Same goes for many, if not most areas of the south, even areas where there are many northern transplants.
Maybe I am a bit more sensitive than many people. Something that is in me. I tend to take many things personal. If I move to a place, one thing I want to be is accepted. I had a bit of culture shock living there. I was also in the 6th grade, one of the worst times to be new anywhere.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:12 PM

45 posts, read 95,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Maybe I am a bit more sensitive than many people. Something that is in me. I tend to take many things personal. If I move to a place, one thing I want to be is accepted. I had a bit of culture shock living there. I was also in the 6th grade, one of the worst times to be new anywhere.
You're normal is what you are. If you are the only black kid in a classroom full of white kids, it's normal to feel some sort of way. I'm a grown man and I had to go to a week full of meetings where I was the only black person in a room full of 50 white men and I felt it.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolcraft View Post
You're normal is what you are. If you are the only black kid in a classroom full of white kids, it's normal to feel some sort of way. I'm a grown man and I had to go to a week full of meetings where I was the only black person in a room full of 50 white men and I felt it.
I don't see myself as being any less than normal for having concerns. Thing is, there are many out there who might take what I have to say as complaining or oversensitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit