Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 PM

9,526 posts, read 16,510,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
the biggest difference came when i decided to take control of my eating habits, i picked up a small book on diabetes and it simply told me what to avoid and to eat my biggest meal for breakfast, always try to eat salad with lunch and to eat a small dinner of chicken or fish, also it said to take a multi vit. and a vit. D every morning,.

Now my blood levels were under control with the meds I take but I felt terrible, tired and no desires to go out and do the things I like. After I started eating healthy my energy level started to increase and I began to feel a change within a week, I've been doing this for a month and i feel a lot better, I was wanting to loose 20 pounds but it just wouldn't come off, now I've lost 7 pounds and it's slowly but steadily coming off.
My blood sugar levels have dropped also even though they were in range with meds now it looks like i will be able to get off one of the pills altogether as long as i keep eating this way.

It's tough to eat healthy when everyone around you eats junk food but it's worth it for your health, a good friend passed away from the complications of diabetes, he found out to late he had it, he lost his legs, eye sight and slowly his life, it was a sad way to go and he suffered so much. That was what inspired me to step it up a notch, I don't want to go that way.

please try to eat healthy my friends

Do I ever agree with you about the difficulty of being around people that eat junk food. I can't seem to get away from people like that, and I am so tired of it. Its bad enough I have to spend that much time with them, I also have to listen to them talk about how healthy they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 02:24 PM

19,016 posts, read 27,574,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
My weight has remained the same and my diet has been the same,i've upped the exercise and tripled my insulin dosage in the last 9 months how come the blood sugar readings havent changed? at this point i may as well go back to the insulin levels i was taking 9 months ago.
Unless the insulin comes from China and in reality is just water..
You will not lower your glucose level staying at such large caloric intake. That you go to gym, also, means nothing. What counts is how much calories you burn. I am professionally working with diabetics daily, and I know them very well. They overeat, underexercise, and lost realistic grasp on their lifestyle. Unfortunately, it is a side effect of diabetes. It adversely impacts cognitive abilities.

So, what you want to do, instead of tripling your insulin, is to reduce your caloric intake by 3 and go down to 1000-1500 calories a day. Oh have my word, you are not going to die.
You have to completely revamp your diet, and eat ONLY low calories foods and stay away from anything that is sweet, has flour products, fats, and is rich in carbs. You should switch to purified water only. Basically, you should be eating vegetables, beans, grains, selective fruits, and little to none meat, with fish being best alternative. You should COOK your own food, so that there is no additives in it. You should have 4 portions a day, period, then put lock on fridge and chain yourself to something heavy.
You should start REAL exercise routine, one that makes you sweat the fat out, and reduce your fluid intake.

NO ONE HAS EVER GAINED WEIGHT, IF CALORIC INTAKE IS LESS THAN CALORIES SPENT. NO ONE. IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. AND STOP LYING TO YOURSELF. YOU OVEREAT AND HOPE THAT MAGIC PILL WILL FIX YOUR HEALTH. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:26 PM

19,016 posts, read 27,574,271 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/diabe...-reversed.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes