Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 06:42 PM

99 posts, read 172,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
From the link:

"23. Find someone who will do the HCG diet with you. There are discounts for buying more HCG and you can share the costs of supplies."

Share the scam with a friend!
Yup, a big scam to encourage one to have a diet buddy! Busted!!!!
I strongly encourage a diet buddy, if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 07:08 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleOrange View Post
Yup, a big scam to encourage one to have a diet buddy! Busted!!!!
I strongly encourage a diet buddy, if possible.
Not a diet buddy ---- someone to share the cost of HCG! Sounds like you are selling it to me.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:39 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
Please keep this thread civil without resorting to name-calling and insults. Remember (from the ToS) :

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility.
Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 11-15-2010, 11:36 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
With all of my years of experience in fitness, healthy, exercise, training others etc., I have to say that this really is the absolute worst program I have ever come across.

I really hope and urge anyone who reads these threads to do LOTS of research into different diets and programs before starting any especially this HCG stuff. I think once people read IMPARTIAL reviews and recommendations (and especially the links that were provided by me and others in these HCG threads) as well as speaking to their family and primary care physicians, they will realize that there are hundreds of BETTER, SAFER, HEALTHIER options out there to choose from.

This multilevel marketing scam of a program is not good for anyone.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,421,755 times
A coworker and I started two different diets on September 18.

She, on HCG, lived off of plain lettuce and diet Pepsi (no lie!) and lasted 2 weeks. She lost 9 pounds and has since gained it all back. Guess where she is right this second? On a cruise stuffing her face.

I've been going strong for 10 weeks and have lost 22.4 pounds. I even started running, something I NEVER though I'd be able to do.

There are much, much, MUCH better alternatives to injecting yourself with chemicals. The fact that there are few posting on this "update" thread is a little pathetic. Everyone is all gung-ho about it until they stop. Then where do they go?

Old 11-20-2010, 06:40 PM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,159,860 times
Well........nobody is going to post an update if they're going to be called liars, delusional idiots or gluttonous lazy pigs looking for the easy way out while making money off others of the same. The fact that nobody following this weight loss method is allowed to just say what they have to say without being attacked is enough to keep anyone away.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:55 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
I looked up the side effects of this hcg and it seems that it has no more side effects than regular meds such as phentermine,the appetite suppressant.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I looked up the side effects of this hcg and it seems that it has no more side effects than regular meds such as phentermine,the appetite suppressant.
Side effects are not the point. The HCG is harmless. It cannot do anything if you take it by mouth. It does nothing to promote weight loss and it is expensive. No better than a sugar pill.

Injected HCG is used to treat certain medical conditions, including infertility. It can have side effects, some serious, in that context.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,341 times
Azbluesgirl - Yes I am very interested in this diet. My sister is also a nurse and was administered by a doctor for the diet with very good results. Any kind of help or information you could give me would be very appreciated. Is there a reputable pharmacy online to purchase the injections, or do you really need to get in touch with a doctor?

Old 08-23-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joabbott123 View Post
Azbluesgirl - Yes I am very interested in this diet. My sister is also a nurse and was administered by a doctor for the diet with very good results. Any kind of help or information you could give me would be very appreciated. Is there a reputable pharmacy online to purchase the injections, or do you really need to get in touch with a doctor?
One more time.

HCG does not cause weight loss. It does not prevent hunger. This has been proven. It is not a matter of opinion. The guy who invented the diet invented a theory that turned out not to be true. All the internet sites you see promoting it have only one goal: to get your money.

The "HCG diet" only provides 500 calories per day. That is dangerous. It does not provide enough energy for basal body needs. Yes, you will lose weight, but you are almost guaranteed to regain it. Any "doctor" willing to provide HCG is using it as an expensive placebo.

Forget the HCG. See a nutritionist and join a gym. You could hire a personal trainer for what you would spend on the HCG. You will be healthier and more likely to keep the weight off in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss