Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 AM

13 posts, read 57,972 times

Advertisements

centa, foma.....any others who have lost weight on the HCG Diet, please give an update on how you've been doing. I'm interested in your present diet, if weight loss has continued or have you gained, any adverse health effects, etc. Thank you for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 AM

5 posts, read 11,352 times
Default hCG Miracle for ME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arknsdeb View Post
centa, foma.....any others who have lost weight on the HCG Diet, please give an update on how you've been doing. I'm interested in your present diet, if weight loss has continued or have you gained, any adverse health effects, etc. Thank you for any info!
I tried to get 50 lbs off for 20 years, no success. hcg changed my life in less than one year i went from full blown metabolic syndrome 34 bmi, (forget starting body fat), to ONE BP med, 22 body fat, 22 bmi - 126... forget the fact that I went from size 16 plus to size 4 and have 35 inch hips at over age 60! If anyone wants help online I will be glad to help you out. i am a retired nurse.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:29 AM

220 posts, read 1,028,313 times
I tried the HCG diet, but could not handle the side effects:

Projectile vomiting
Diarrhea
Seizures
Suicidal thoughts
Fear of clowns
Hair loss
Tooth loss
Anal bleeding
Bleeding from the eyes
Blindness
Death

Old 11-12-2010, 03:37 PM

99 posts, read 172,250 times
I am also a nurse and this has worked for me. Glenn, those side effects are not from the hCG diet. You need to see a doctor. That's definitely something else.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:48 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
HCG is the WORST DIET EVER DEVISED!!! No one should go on that diet. As I (and many others here) have posted over and over and over in the HCG threads, this diet is NOT HEALTHY!!!

Anyone who is in dire need to lose weight, should first and foremost concentrate on PROPER NUTRITION. This ridiculous HCG diet calls for you to BINGE on bad food like cookies, ice cream, pancakes and syrup, cakes, etc. at the beginning, then limits you to 500 calories per day. 500 calories is NOT enough for your organs to function properly and it is DEFINITELY not nutritious.

There is someone (or people) who are constantly on CD who keep harping on and on about this diet, because in some way shape or form, they profit from it from selling the HCG or getting a "cut" of profits like a pyramid scheme (Amway anyone?) if they refer someone else to the diet.

Myself and many many many others here who are quite knowledgeable on health, exercise, nutrition and fitness (not to mention the doctors I have personally spoken too regarding this diet) urge any and all who for a nanosecond entertain the mere thought of going on this quite harmful and unhealthy diet should NOT DO SO!!!!

Old 11-12-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
HCG is the WORST DIET EVER DEVISED!!! No one should go on that diet. As I (and many others here) have posted over and over and over in the HCG threads, this diet is NOT HEALTHY!!!

Anyone who is in dire need to lose weight, should first and foremost concentrate on PROPER NUTRITION. This ridiculous HCG diet calls for you to BINGE on bad food like cookies, ice cream, pancakes and syrup, cakes, etc. at the beginning, then limits you to 500 calories per day. 500 calories is NOT enough for your organs to function properly and it is DEFINITELY not nutritious.

There is someone (or people) who are constantly on CD who keep harping on and on about this diet, because in some way shape or form, they profit from it from selling the HCG or getting a "cut" of profits like a pyramid scheme (Amway anyone?) if they refer someone else to the diet.

Myself and many many many others here who are quite knowledgeable on health, exercise, nutrition and fitness (not to mention the doctors I have personally spoken too regarding this diet) urge any and all who for a nanosecond entertain the mere thought of going on this quite harmful and unhealthy diet should NOT DO SO!!!!

What does Amway have to do with hCG? Sorry, but I failed to see where I mentioned where anyone can purchase from me. I'm a nurse. I am not worried about a "cut". I make enough as it is. I also work in the Finance field. I'm a science major and studied this thoroughly before trying it. The proof is in the pudding . It's the best diet out there. The food is VERY healthy. It helps rid your body of all those "junk food" cravings. You eventually add in more variety, but there's nothing wrong with the food you are supposed to be eating. It's extremely healthy.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:45 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleOrange View Post
What does Amway have to do with hCG? Sorry, but I failed to see where I mentioned where anyone can purchase from me. I'm a nurse. I am not worried about a "cut". I make enough as it is. I also work in the Finance field. I'm a science major and studied this thoroughly before trying it. The proof is in the pudding . It's the best diet out there. The food is VERY healthy. It helps rid your body of all those "junk food" cravings. You eventually add in more variety, but there's nothing wrong with the food you are supposed to be eating. It's extremely healthy.
How do you sleep at night, telling these lies which can literally kill people? There is a special place in hell reserved for you and all of the others who are posting such garbage all over the web in order to line your pockets.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
How do you sleep at night, telling these lies which can literally kill people? There is a special place in hell reserved for you and all of the others who are posting such garbage all over the web in order to line your pockets.
Line my pockets? Whoa buddy, slow down there. You're getting a little too emotional. I'm not making anything off this and I don't work IN the industry. The hCG diet worked very well for me. I am a nurse.

Have a lovely day.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:17 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleOrange View Post
Line my pockets? Whoa buddy, slow down there. You're getting a little too emotional. I'm not making anything off this and I don't work IN the industry. The hCG diet worked very well for me. I am a nurse.

Have a lovely day.
I'm not all that emotional about it actually. I do think that you are a despicable person though, for claiming to be a nurse and promoting fatal information. I really don't know how you sleep at night.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I'm not all that emotional about it actually. I do think that you are a despicable person though, for claiming to be a nurse and promoting fatal information. I really don't know how you sleep at night.

Wow! Such strong words ...all for me having a positive experience with the hCG diet. Claiming to be a nurse? Uhm, I am. LOL. Wow..if I wanted to lie..I would just say that I'm a Doctor! I sleep VERY well at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss