Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:20 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,944 times

Advertisements

My wife and I started this on Wednesday which was our 7th wedding anniversary.

2 days later, I have lost 4 pounds and she has lost 7.

It is a cleansing diet because you eat a lot of vegetables like peppers, onions, zucchini, squash. Obviously you drink the recommended 8 glasses of water so you are in the bathroom a lot but it allows for liberal amounts of protein mainly in chicken and fish.

We've been very impressed with the diet, very simple to follow and the dishes are very tasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 11:05 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
Unlike most people on here I won't knock this diet for being faddish. The goal is to learn something. If you do, great. Cycling your food every 17 days--- very gimmicky. But I bet it will work for some people. Who will invariably be knocked if they come on here & say they manage their weight long term from cycling their food every 17 days! Why do that when you can count WW points.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:57 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
If this is a carb cycling diet (it sounds like it is) than it is simply a rehashing of something that bodybuilders and athletes have been doing for a couple decades now.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:54 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
If this is a carb cycling diet (it sounds like it is) than it is simply a rehashing of something that bodybuilders and athletes have been doing for a couple decades now.
Yes, it's a carb cycling diet, but it actually tells the truth that most of the weight you lose at first will be water weight. It flushes water out, while you're drinking more, gets your body used to regular and efficient elimination without inefficient retention (there is EFFICIENT retention..there is also INefficient retention - most people retain water inefficiently - this diet is intended to get your body more efficient).

And then after the first 17 days you start the process of non-water loss, and adding wholesome foods, including carbs, back into your eating regime.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:59 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,354,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
My wife and I started this on Wednesday which was our 7th wedding anniversary.

2 days later, I have lost 4 pounds and she has lost 7.

It is a cleansing diet because you eat a lot of vegetables like peppers, onions, zucchini, squash. Obviously you drink the recommended 8 glasses of water so you are in the bathroom a lot but it allows for liberal amounts of protein mainly in chicken and fish.

We've been very impressed with the diet, very simple to follow and the dishes are very tasty.
I've lost 4 pounds in the first week but I confess, I didn't do the exercising. Did you? I was faithful to the diet otherwise.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:45 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I've lost 4 pounds in the first week but I confess, I didn't do the exercising. Did you? I was faithful to the diet otherwise.
I don't go out and exercise for 17 minutes like the book says; however, I have my own business so I do a lot of walking along with carrying boxes to clients. Plus I play golf every Saturday and when I'm not then I'm usually at the range.

My neighbor gave me 2 18-speed bikes that I need to take to the shop as they have bent rear wheels but it would be good to take laps around the neighborhood so I'll take them in this week.

As an update, I lost 5 pounds and my wife is nearly 9 pounds. We had turkey burgers yesterday for lunch and they were fantastic, then we had salmon for dinner tonight. I'm drinking my last water as I type this part so the bathroom will be calling again soon.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:08 PM

103 posts, read 304,931 times
I snagged the book for about 11 bucks on my Nook. Having the Nook app on my phone helps too when I'm on the go. Tomorrow marks my 14th day on Cycle 1. I've lost 10 pounds and I feel good. The only downside is the food can get a little pricey depending on your budget and what is already in your fridge or cabinets. Most of the recipes are very good which I'm extremely happy about. I work out maybe once a week but I plan on walking/running habitually very soon. I think this was a good choice for me as I have needed a lifestyle change for a long time now. (5'1" 160 lbs...well, 150 now . Looking forward to reading others' stories and experiences!

Old 05-01-2011, 07:22 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,354,462 times
I was disappointed to get on the scale this morning and see that the needle hasn't budget. Day 8 and only 4 lbs. I'll start walking every day and see if that makes a difference. I really need to see the needle go down to keep motivated. Seven more days and I can have some beef and rice!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:23 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
Real food is costly, I know. Congratulations on your weight loss!
Quote:
Originally Posted by teraval View Post
I snagged the book for about 11 bucks on my Nook. Having the Nook app on my phone helps too when I'm on the go. Tomorrow marks my 14th day on Cycle 1. I've lost 10 pounds and I feel good. The only downside is the food can get a little pricey depending on your budget and what is already in your fridge or cabinets. Most of the recipes are very good which I'm extremely happy about. I work out maybe once a week but I plan on walking/running habitually very soon. I think this was a good choice for me as I have needed a lifestyle change for a long time now. (5'1" 160 lbs...well, 150 now . Looking forward to reading others' stories and experiences!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:32 AM

103 posts, read 304,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Real food is costly, I know. Congratulations on your weight loss!
Thank you! It's so true. Shopping mostly in the outside aisles at the grocery store is definitely a change for me. I do feel better about it though...money well spent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss