Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 04:08 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times

Advertisements

Sure but Barry Sears & his Zone diet which I read & practiced for years are. I draw from a variety of sources & have an extensive background in weight management. Not as much in weightifting I admit; I am a tiny 5' 1" ecto/mesomorph. I am happy with muscke tone & reduced body fat.

There are tons of type O athletes in the blood type community. Many of them I'm sure tailor the information to suit their activity level/ goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Exactly. You've "read" alot of things, many of which are not true or very warped. I am part of what you would call the body building community and alot of your idols like Ferriss, Lyle McDonald and D'Adamo are not highly regarded within that community, and they are certainly not regarded as the brilliant pioneers you claim they are.

That's a boilerplate statement if I've ever seen one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
I think you missed my main point. If you are not actually DOING what you are reading about, you really don't know what works for you and what doesn't work for you.
Yep, and 95% of people will never really push themselves to a level that would require any real adjustment for genetics.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:19 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
L&L, you lose credibility with each subsequent post. I think what you're not understanding, is that the majority of people reading your posts here, consider you useful for entertainment purposes only and not for any informational purposes at all. So far you've laid claim to following a particular diet for over 20 years...

but you've made that claim about four different diets.

And we know you're not 50 yet, so perhaps all those diets you've been on is having some adverse effect on your long-term memory.

Your sources are found via google searches on the latest fads-for-sale, from your dietary "advice" to your fashion "advice," and everything inbetween. It's like you have some Weekly World News bookmarked and refer to it, and everything it links to, as your #1 source of information...and you actually believe it's all true.

Newsflash: It's not. Most of the rest of the Known World, and parts of the Unknown World, all know this. And, Kate Middleton supposedly only followed this diet for a couple of months, just long enough to shed just enough weight to fit properly into her gown. She does not live on the Dukan Diet. She's actually a fairly normal human being, unlike the drones who buzz around the latest fads.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Sure but Barry Sears & his Zone diet which I read & practiced for years are.
Well congratulations! You hopped onto one diet that isn't a complete sham.

Quote:
I draw from a variety of crappy sources sources
Fixed.

Quote:
& have an extensive background in weight management.
No you don't. You have an extensive background in fad and yo-yo dieting. That doesn't make you an expert or even remotely knowledgeable on the subject, so you can quit acting like you're more important than you really are.

Quote:
There are tons of type O athletes in the blood type community. Many of them I'm sure tailor the information to suit their activity level/ goals.
And inside the body building community those same athletes would be mocked just like the diet they follow.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:22 PM

It builds on & adds to 20+ years of personal experience. 40 years old, about to go to the store in a tank top.
Quote:
I think you missed my main point. If you are not actually DOING what you are reading about, you really don't know what works for you and what doesn't work for you.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
L&L, you lose credibility with each subsequent post. I think what you're not understanding, is that the majority of people reading your posts here, consider you useful for entertainment purposes only and not for any informational purposes at all.
Even that is wearing thin.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:29 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,664,771 times
Quote:
It builds on & adds to 20+ years of personal experience. 40 years old, about to go to the store in a tank top.
Oh, sorry, I was referring to body building and following through with all the "advice" about how to do this and how to do that kind of stuff. Gee, I must remind myself, self, you have to write clearer so that people will understand you completely.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:34 PM

You contribute nothing to this forum. I have not learned one thing from you. All you know how to do is pontificate & tear people down. You need to lose weight, I dont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
L&L, you lose credibility with each subsequent post. I think what you're not understanding, is that the majority of people reading your posts here, consider you useful for entertainment purposes only and not for any informational purposes at all. So far you've laid claim to following a particular diet for over 20 years...

but you've made that claim about four different diets.

And we know you're not 50 yet, so perhaps all those diets you've been on is having some adverse effect on your long-term memory.

Your sources are found via google searches on the latest fads-for-sale, from your dietary "advice" to your fashion "advice," and everything inbetween. It's like you have some Weekly World News bookmarked and refer to it, and everything it links to, as your #1 source of information...and you actually believe it's all true.

Newsflash: It's not. Most of the rest of the Known World, and parts of the Unknown World, all know this. And, Kate Middleton supposedly only followed this diet for a couple of months, just long enough to shed just enough weight to fit properly into her gown. She does not live on the Dukan Diet. She's actually a fairly normal human being, unlike the drones who buzz around the latest fads.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Please tell me you didn't.

Lemon! That's why you've had problems with your skin. I'm thrilled that you look good enough to feel comfortable in a tank top but, please, no tank tops when you are out and about. That's when the sun sneaks in it's damage. Don't suppose you had sunscreen on? Or a broad-brimmed hat?

Save the cute, sexy tank tops for those romantic evenings.

(Sorry, not diet related but this was an Oh, no!)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-01-2011 at 04:24 PM..

Old 05-02-2011, 01:03 PM

Actually I have 10 years experience on the blood type O diet is similar; it adds back dairy which has been an ongoing process for me the last 5-6 years. I have observed my reactions to foods----what works for & what doesn't--- for much longer than just the past ten years, and Lo & behold, all, and I mean ALL the foods I love & that consistently work for me are on my genotype plan. I've already been doing it the last few months without realizing it. I got oat bran which has utterly changed my life from Dukan---- it's a genotype2 superfood. I'm as svelteness as I've been in years and HAPPY----best thing I've stumbled on in a while!
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss