Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:14 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Found this when I was checking it out. May not be the same tho'

The Sacred Heart Diet - Get the Skinny on Diets (http://www.skinnyondiets.com/TheSacredHeartDiet.html?b=7714&GCID=S15771x328&KEY WORD=sacred%20heart%20diet&gclid=CNeMioiv-o0CFQKkIgodrmOsKw - broken link)

Anyone? Is this the same one an earlier post mentioned? Thanks
Thanks for this. I'll look it up later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 10:17 AM

718 posts, read 2,360,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
The "pizza" looks like a 5 inch taco shell and tastes very bland. On tv, it looks like something you get at pizza hut. All that cheese. Yeah right.
My husband ordered the Nutri System program off QVC last year for me. The first month, I did it for about a week, but the food was awful and I got tired of shopping for things to go with the meal. Another month came on the "auto delivery" before I could cancel, so my hubbie, bitching because I ate non of this expensive food, packed it up when he moved to Austin in advance of us. Needless to say, the lease on his apartment was up last month and we threw away a month and a half of Nutri System food.

Trust me, it looks nothing like the food they show on TV!

Old 08-18-2007, 02:11 PM

A few people sell there stuff on ebay. I posted a note at the health club I go to. Someone saw it and gave me a call. I had a list of what I had and sold it for 2.00 per meal. She had been on NS before and was going to start again.
I do like the plan, just not the food. Eating a salad before supper is the best thing I have done that works for me. I either stop with the salad or I eat a little supper. It's so tough sometimes to do the portions. I still have to work at it.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Statefan,
Forgot to mention it in the other post but you should have sent the food back to QVC.
They have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:10 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,201,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoJunkieinCO View Post
My husband and I are "considering" either the Nutri-System or the Jenny Craig diet for about a month to "jump start" our way to a healthier lifestyle.

He's going in for minor surgery in about a month, and I was thinking that to lose weight quickly, this might be an idea. I've always tried planning healthy meals with healthy portions, but at 6'2", weighing 130, he's "not in the mood" and swears I'm trying to starve him to death! I, on the other hand, am mortified to say, that at 5'3", I am at my heaviest, weighting nearly 170 pounds. I am in the peri-menopause stage of life, and just looking at a grape will pack on 2 pounds. I'm small-boned, so I look and feel VERY HEAVY!

I recently joined Curves. It takes me nearly a 1/2 hour to get there (we live in a very small town, and I am outside city limits); my husband has a fit every time I tell him I'm going to work-out and don't come home for nearly 2 hours (drive-time and all).

I guess I'm thinking that if we can get a "push", he would feel better about meals I prepare and I'd feel better about him having surgery. Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated, since I'm about at my wits end.
What ever you try, stick with it and do the maintanence. It is the most important part of a plan. I think Jenny Craig is better than the other choices other than Weight Watchers because being held accountable to someone else is a great motivator. Getting weighed in, meeting with a counselor face to face and to custom design the right foods for you is key. Why can't you execise at home instead of going out of your way to go to a gym. There are so many great tapes for exercise at home that there is no excuse not to exercise. I found the Windsor Pilates tapes very doable and enjoyable. It really helped me tone up and help lose inches while on a diet. You can also do walking tapes at home or swim. Stop making excuses and get moving!!

Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 PM

74 posts, read 713,060 times
If your looking for something easy and pre-made to help you. You should try the South Beach frozen meals. They're healthy and they taste really good. And they'll be cheaper than the programs.

As a side note, you mentioned that you are in the peri-menopause stage and gaining weight easily. The physiologist in me just can't resist offering up some exercise advise. Going to Curves is great! However, you would do yourself a miracle if you started some weight training. One of the main reasons women start gaining weight around menopause is because they start losing muscle mass. Less muscle mass=less calorie burning. Build that muscle back and you'll see changes quick.

Since you live kind of away from everything, I would start out by buying some 3-5lbs weights and hiring a trainer to come to your house for about a month to 6 weeks. They'll teach you everything you'll need to know. Even an at home video will help.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 8,733 times
Default If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes. . .

I have tried both Nutri System and am currently on the Jenny Craig diet. I have also tried South Beach, and Weight Watchers in the past. So far, the only thing that has worked is Jenny Craig. Sure, I lost weight on the other diets, but nothing ever lasted. I have been on Jenny Craig for 8 weeks and have lost 22lbs so far. JC is pretty expensive, but if you're where I was, you don't care about the cost. Nutri System is cheaper, but the food is horrible. The blueberry muffins tasted like cardboard. My dogs wouldn't even eat them! I've heard from people that they "don't know anyone who's ever kept the weight off using JC" but I feel like GETTING the weight off is the first step. KEEPING it off is entirely up to you. If you're at the point where you can't stand to see yourself in a mirror, or step on a scale, or buy ANOTHER wardrobe a size bigger, it's just a matter of sticking to whatever plan you set up for yourself. JC emphasizes keeping a food diary. It works! When you see on paper what you're putting into your mouth, it forces you to make healthier choices. If you're just concerned about the taste of "diet" food, JC is FAR superior to NS. Not sure if this is true, but I've heard that JC's food is prepared by Stouffers where as NS's food is prepared by Alpo-Purina! Really? Again, not sure about that one, but why take the chance. I ended up literally throwing away about 3 weeks worth of Nutri System food because I just couldn't choke it down anymore. Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:52 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
The best diet that ever worked for me was the sacred heart diet.
This "diet" is really for pre-surgery individuals who are overweight. It is not intended for prolonged use or regular use. And there are warnings listed about overuse. Just thought I would put that information out there.

But for those who are interested, there are many "fat burning" soups around. Google fat burning soup and you will find several. Here's another:

Basic Fat-Burning Soup

Old 08-06-2008, 01:26 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,316,631 times
WW is awesome, easy to do and not expensive. It really is a lifelong way to eat. I couldn't do a plan where I had to eat out of box 3x a day.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I have lost weight on both JC and NS. It depends upon how picky you are about your food whether or not you will like it. I thought it was fine.
Here's the thing about your husband, though. If he's going to complain about small portions, don't even bother, since either of those diet plans have very small portions. He sounds like a chronic complainer anyway, so if I were you I would make him take responsibility for himself, because you'll never be able to please him anyway.
If you want another suggestion, do the Core Plan on Weight Watchers. It is for people who want large portions of some foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss