Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:12 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I didn't discount anything you said.

I simple said it wasn't for you--move on.

As a grown man I'm sure you already know that by doing things in "spurts" you will never acheive your max results, or see any benefits. You have to want it. Besides, since you say you're a juicer but you don't see the point, why even comment in the first place ?! Because you want to debate ?! I'm not here for that, sorry.

Juicing is part of my lifestyle...its longterm. And not because I'm from Ca. I'm proof it adds vitality to your life. I have juiced my way to maximum health.

Clearly, I'm in a more enlightened state of mind, where as most people are in a sedated one, and on an entirely different level, one that you, and a lot of people, just don't get. I'm not trying to be rude here, its just the truth.

I could give you links and articles on all the benefits of green juicing, and tell you my whole story on how I got healthy, but I don't think it would make a difference.
If you're so enlightened, why have you either been unable to or flat out refused to answer this question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David
Ok, so what are the "phenomenal" benefits of juicing, and what "toxins" are you trying to rid your body of?
If one was truly enlightened, it would be quite the easy task...would it not? Especially since you have all these articles and links handy. I also chuckled at you insinuating that someone else would fail to change their positions when confronted with evidence contradicting those views as that is a major calling card of followers of "alternative" health theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 05:04 AM

488 posts, read 554,784 times
Quote:
I'm doing a juice feast ( not fast) this week, anyone want to join me ?
No

Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 AM

420 posts, read 1,369,104 times
Quote:
I didn't discount anything you said.

I simple said it wasn't for you--move on.

As a grown man I'm sure you already know that by doing things in "spurts" you will never acheive your max results, or see any benefits. You have to want it. Besides, since you say you're a juicer but you don't see the point, why even comment in the first place ?! Because you want to debate ?! I'm not here for that, sorry.

Juicing is part of my lifestyle...its longterm. And not because I'm from Ca. I'm proof it adds vitality to your life. I have juiced my way to maximum health.

Clearly, I'm in a more enlightened state of mind, where as most people are in a sedated one, and on an entirely different level, one that you, and a lot of people, just don't get. I'm not trying to be rude here, its just the truth.

I could give you links and articles on all the benefits of green juicing, and tell you my whole story on how I got healthy, but I don't think it would make a difference.

LOL....
wow...
ha...

More enlightened state of mind... but not trying to be rude
Alright, I'm done with the thread... I'm happy you enjoy juicing... but, you make a post on a board for a few reasons.
1 You want to find like minded people, and discuss
2 You want to make others aware
3 You want to debate about your life choice

You will always get all 3 responses (well sometimes not #1) I just said that all you're doing is eating veggies and fruit without the fiber. I'm sure you'd feel just as good if you ate the same veggies. I dont have an issue with juicing, I was just voicing my opinion, and why I moved away from it.

I can also move on...
wow... more enlightened, like its some sort of religious movement.... you take the juice out of fruits and veggies and drink them...

Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
If you're thinking of juicing again, send me a pm and I can help you start up, give you some tips, and some fruit & veggie combinations that will taste great.
Thanks! But to tell you the truth I don't see a need to do it. (Well, maye if I lost my teeth or had a digestive issue.) I eat a very healthy diet. Once in a while I'll whip up a whey smoothie with various fruits. I like to chew my veggies.

It will be interesting to see if other juicers post here. (Whenever I think about juicing I think Warren Beatty in "Heaven Can Wait". Makes me smile just thinking about it. )

Oh, one question: How did you get started? Are you a Jack LaLanne disciple? (I can remember people juicing in the early 60's because of him.)

Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
First, to the people who worry about fiber: coconut water is high in fiber.

This is the only part that really concerns me:

Quote:
I mix one liter of coconut water with a 1/2 gallon of green juice. And drink it through out my day.
Yes, coconut water is high in fiber. It has some other nutritional benefits, but they are few, and not impressive when compared to eating a balanced meal. It is also high in sodium, and a large portion of the calories in coconut water comes from sugar. A single serving of coconut water is 1 cup. 1 cup would be 1/5 of a liter. So the OP's idea of adding half a liter to green juice and drinking the whole thing during the day, is equivalent of drinking almost 5 full servings of this beverage daily.

Each serving has 252 mg of sodium. That's 1/10 the amount that people are told to have, at the maxiumum, per day. So by drinking 5 servings of that, you're getting half your sodium intake - and that's before you add anything to the water, or eat a single meal.

To compare, a small fry at McDonalds has only 165 mg of sodium.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:57 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
If you're so enlightened, why have you either been unable to or flat out refused to answer this question?
Well, since you're such a proud and complex man, I should start by telling you that one of the most "phenomenal" benefits of green juicing is that you can have boat loads of wild and crazy sex without fathering any of those pesky little hellions aka as children. Don't want any of those now do ya..."Hell No" !!! It works great for weight lifters, power drinkers, sports addicts, and those who think more highly of themselves than they ought to, for instance, being your own hero. And...most importantly..listen close now...it completely repels animals, you know, them critters most people call pets or companions.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:07 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
That was an awful lot of typing just to wave the white flag, although I'll award you some bonus points for a semi-creative attempt at humor.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:23 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
What do you use the pulp for in cooking? I saw that on a video diary of someone doing 1/2 day juice type cleanse with raw dinners. I thought it was a good idea to skip wasting anything.

Juicing is so much safer than colonics. Colonics sorta make me nervous. HaHA! :

"During a colonic the bowel wall can be perforated by the tip of the rubber tubing or by the use of too much water pressure and can lead to a potentially life-threatening infection

You can have an allergic reaction to the nozzle at the tip of the rubber tubing (in particular, if you are allergic to latex) or to one of the cleansing substances added to the water

You can develop an imbalance in electrolytes such as potassium and sodium, since colonics rinse away minerals that are normally absorbed into the bloodstream from the large intestine

You can be infected with bacteria and viruses if the equipment is not properly sterilized between treatments. (Most colon hydrotherapists use disposable, sterile tubing, so this is less of a risk than in the past.)"

Johns Hopkins: Digestive Disorders on risks of colonics: Johns Hopkins Health Alerts

I havent juiced in awhile. It does feel good afterwards and you can see a difference in the skin in a really short time. It helped pin point some food sensitivities I was having. I don't know if I would ever do a juice detox again. I was coming from a less healthy place when I tried it. I did feel better afterwards. But during...ughhhhhhhhhhh. no. HaHa!

How is that coconut water for sweetness vs. apple juice?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:33 PM

495 posts, read 684,574 times
Default jucing on sept 11

Me and my cousin will be doing the 10 day juice feast starting sept 11.I might extend it to 30 days depending on how it gos.The biggest reason to juice for me and alot of other people is it makes the superfoods like kale, wheatgrass and spinach palatable.Can you eat kale, blech, I cant, witch is bad for me because kale is almost the best thing you can eat on this planet.But I can drink the hell out of kale when I juice it with carrots,cucumbers,apples and a little bit of fresh ginger.Of course you need fiber and fat in your diet, but I belive a juice feast is a good and eyeopening way of getting people to eat more veggis, most of all the foul tasting ones that are the best for you.When I am done with the feast I will use jucing as part of more healthy lifestyle. Here is my insparation for jucing.
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead Extended Trailer - YouTube

Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 AM

420 posts, read 1,369,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
.Can you eat kale, blech, I cant, witch is bad for me because kale is almost the best thing you can eat on this planet

Yeah, make some Portuguese Kale soup (I like it without the beans, and with linguica instead of chourico if you can find it)

mmmmm, not very hard to make either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss