Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 AM

896 posts, read 1,399,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
None of what you are saying is really adding up, or making any sense. If you gained 10lbs in 6 weeks while doing lots of cardio you had to have been eating a LOT of calories. A lot. You would also have to be in poor health and work yourself to the bone in order to catch colds from working out. You can certainly catch a cold from the germs in a gym, but not so much from the exercise.
Please tell us what your health problem is so that way we can offer advice which I why I believe you are here in the first place, right?
Have you been diagnosed with something? Are you on medication? Must you adhere to a certain type of diet, and if so what?

I do catch colds from too much exercise as it messes with cortisol levels and hydration. I use to exercise all the time in college, but was always sick but thin of course.

Also, weight loss is not just calories in and calories out. Certain foods have hormones and you can bloat up instantly and I have many food sensitivities also. I try not to eat grains as I will hold a considerable amount of water weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 01:56 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I do catch colds from too much exercise as it messes with cortisol levels and hydration. I use to exercise all the time in college, but was always sick but thin of course.

Also, weight loss is not just calories in and calories out. Certain foods have hormones and you can bloat up instantly and I have many food sensitivities also. I try not to eat grains as I will hold a considerable amount of water weight.
Colds are caught through spreading germs. And you can always drink more water while exercising. You have to be an endurance/pro athlete for your immune system to break down to the point where you are catching colds from exercise. And it really is calories in vs calories out. The things you mention would not make a noticeable difference. And you can always avoid foods with hormones pretty easily. Water retention from whole grains is nonsense. Whole grains are high fiber foods which actually help move waste and water out of your system. It seems you have an excuse for everything. Again, what illness did your Doctor diagnose you with? We can certainly be of more help once we get a clear picture as to what exactly is wrong with you physically.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:57 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Interesting that we are getting no clarity on her "condition."

Old 09-27-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Because, I have some autonomic nerve failure. It is in my stomach, sinues. Also, I what happened was I took some over the counter supplements and have had bad withdrawal ever since. I never had any stomach issues until this.

Also, I am in the medical field so I have more credibility than most on this board. My body reacted like if you just stopped taking a medication like anti-depressant or anti-anxiety. Read up on it. It happens to people all the time. I think even think I was going to be able work again.

So I do have strength. I moved on my own after this and now I am back to work living on my own so do not be so harsh to judge. Actually that was meant for Kathy Argon

Old 09-27-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Colds are caught through spreading germs. And you can always drink more water while exercising. You have to be an endurance/pro athlete for your immune system to break down to the point where you are catching colds from exercise. And it really is calories in vs calories out. The things you mention would not make a noticeable difference. And you can always avoid foods with hormones pretty easily. Water retention from whole grains is nonsense. Whole grains are high fiber foods which actually help move waste and water out of your system. It seems you have an excuse for everything. Again, what illness did your Doctor diagnose you with? We can certainly be of more help once we get a clear picture as to what exactly is wrong with you physically.
Water retention from whole grains is not non-sense. Did you missed the entire thread on wheat belly! I noticed my body has always reacted bad to whole grains especially multi-grain. How I do not try to eat much breads period as it does not work for my body.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:

Actually not in my case. I have vasomotor rhinitis. Diagnosed by my allergist 2005. You know when you blood vessels stay open because of congestion. Well the blood vessels on my right side always stay open. So it sound like I have cold all the time even though I do not. This is controlled by your autonomic nervous system but mines stays in flight and fight mode a.ka sympathetic. My nerve induce colds only last for a couple a days. One cold was so bad I could not even swallow water.

So when I exercise my cortisol goes up, my body and skin get dehydrated and it takes a couple days of rest for my body to recover not matter how much water I drink, and I drink a lot a water. I do not like pop or juice and have touch pop in years. If I get in dry room my skin dries like the desert and my throat feels closed. But exercise is not my problem, I love being active. I wish I could do more.

I do try to avoid foods with hormones. Definitely working on that. My point is it not always about calories in or out. Many cultures eat a lot calories and do not gain weight. Please do not be arrogant and judge and think you know things about every person.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I just love how people judge you but know nothing about how someone body works. Every body literary is different.

However, I am trying to push through and make process with my eating. This is harder with health conditions. Also, I do not take medications as it tends to cause other problems.

The reason you have not clarity on my condition because you have a chronic condition and doctors think inside the box like you and most people. You become tired of going to the doctors and you find out that you are smarter than most of them anyway.

I have always had nerves issue i.e see the post about my sinsues but now it is in my stomach after taking a supplement and suffered horrible withdrawal and not I have some lasting effects like some insomnia which easily causes weight gain. I never had insomnia and use to exercise and lose weight quickly. Now with all this it takes longer or no progress. This is all I can explain and this is the best I can do. You are not going to get anymore explaination out of me. You can take it or leave it.

Also, I had some mold exposure as I mentioned previously and it did not help. Lastly, I am finally going after the supplement company as I have been ignoring this.

I have had people like you make me trying to think it is all in my head, but it is not, and I am ready to fight back and take my life back.

You may not understand, but I realize it does not matter. So go on and keep judging and make people feel like crap. Karma will come around.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:03 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Because, I have some autonomic nerve failure. It is in my stomach, sinues. Also, I what happened was I took some over the counter supplements and have had bad withdrawal ever since. I never had any stomach issues until this.

Also, I am in the medical field so I have more credibility than most on this board. My body reacted like if you just stopped taking a medication like anti-depressant or anti-anxiety. Read up on it. It happens to people all the time. I think even think I was going to be able work again.

So I do have strength. I moved on my own after this and now I am back to work living on my own so do not be so harsh to judge. Actually that was meant for Kathy Argon
If you really knew what you were talking about, you would know that autonomic nervous system failure involving the gastrointestinal system has, as a symptom, feeling FULL all the time, after eating very small amounts of food. And not feeling hungry all the time. When you have nerve damage to the organs of the digestive system, you end up with limited or slowed motility. And that means, the food digests too slowly, which makes you feel full, gives you gas, gives you constipation, nausea, vomiting, and so on. My sister has that, I spent countless days in the hospital and in her apartment caring for her pre and post-op.

I think you're just really making all this stuff up for post-counts or for attention.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:51 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Stephei2000 what do you do in the medical field? Are you a doctor? Nurse?
What I believe you are is a hypochondriac. I think your issues are in your head and not your body. The best thing you can do for yourself at this point is to see a therapist to help you work out your issues. You are not going to get the validation you are seeking from this board. Most of us here are pretty smart cookies and your story is just not adding up.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:09 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:

What is the name of your condition? I looked up "automatic nerve failure" and can't find any information about such a condition. So it was pretty impossible for me to "read up on it" with the information you've given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss