Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 02:13 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I work in clinical research oncology. I do data management, review medical records and have read many books about chronic fatigue and adrenal fatigue which leads to autonomic nerve issues. This is what controls your breathing, heart rate and other things that people take for granted.
Strange, in November 2010, you claimed you were a commercial print model, who was 5'11," and athletic in build, wearing a size 10-12.

So now you're a professional in the medical field who thinks doctors don't know what they're doing, but trust in some guy named Dr. Shoemaker who has written books about mold?

And you expect anyone here to believe you - why, exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 04:46 PM

896 posts, read 1,399,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Strange, in November 2010, you claimed you were a commercial print model, who was 5'11," and athletic in build, wearing a size 10-12.

So now you're a professional in the medical field who thinks doctors don't know what they're doing, but trust in some guy named Dr. Shoemaker who has written books about mold?

Wow you are really nosy and must not have a life. I did do commercial print modeling and promotions for two years full time. 2010-2012. I worked for Westat 2005-2010 doing medical record research and did modeling part time. I did it full time for two. I just started working back full time after 2 years of being a independent contractor. I work in Clinical Research now. I always had a medical record reviewing and data management as back up. I only did the modeling thing full time until I became ill. I went back home got better move back to Chicago and now work full time in clinical research. I do not have time model right now, plus I do not to want to get back into until I lose some weight I sorry you have never anything but the status quo and never done anything exciting or change career. I have always done independent contracting modeling and medical records since graduating from college. Now I am just working in clinical research.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
So Stephi what exactly do you expect to get out of this forum? What is it you are looking for? Advice, a place to vent, support? We are confused because you are very defensive and you seem to disregard any suggestions because of all your medical maladies.
A place to vent and people to understand me, and relate.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post

There is more to medical than just nurses and doctors. I love how people do not think outside the box and you wondering why people do not know a lot of things.

Also would you consider Serena Williams who took six years for Sjorgen Syndrome diagnosis or Elisabeth Hasselbeck Celiac disease hypochronics even though it took her 10 years for a diagnosis.

When you have a chronic condition, it can take years for a diagnose. Just because you go the doctor once does not mean your problem will be solved. It just not that cut and dry.

I do not understand what you guys to do not understand about that.
That is what is happening to me and it happens to people all the time.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I DID google the term you used. It is not a medical term. There IS a condition called "automatic nervous system failure" but in spite of several people mentioning this term, you have not clarified whether or not this is your condition.

Once again - what is the specific term for your condition, and have you been diagnosed professionally with this condition? If you have an official diagnosis, you should be able to provide a professional term for your condition.

And why are you resorting to personal insults? My questions are not unreasonable, or rude. You came here asking for advice, and saying you had medical conditions. I am asking for the specific medical term for your condition, which is a reasonable request. You take that reasonable request as judgmental and are very defensive about it, as well as giving indirect answers (along with accusations) to very specific and direct questions.

This is a classic symptom of hypochondria or Munchhausen's syndrome.
You do not have to have total failure to experience symptoms. The medical field just states if things are in normal limits but it might not be optium for you as everyone is different. Also you know that test change the different ranges every so often to fit the new normal. I go by what my body feels like and not exactly a test.

But I see if something was wrong with you, but your doctor told you everything was fine you would be probably just accept that because that is what the quote range stated.

People know there own bodies and live with them everyday. I never dismiss someone symptoms even if I do not know the diagnosis because I trust people know there own bodies. It is very arrogant of you to make assumptions just because you do not have the knowledge and even worse because I assume you have never even studies anything medical. I would never do that. I would just research, talk to other and do more investigation because I trust that people know there own bodies.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Ahhhh, Stephei, you know what they say about people who assume...

Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times
Well this is all fascinating, really, but it's all entirely off topic. Stephei, you wanted advice on staying motivated to losing weight. You're received lots of it, from lots of people. And then you have dismissed it, with excuses as to why you can't follow any of it.

So there really isn't anything anyone here can do for you. Sorry. We did try.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:53 AM

3 posts, read 3,502 times
My wife put a picture of herself in a bikini on the refrigerator door once and it really cut down on the snacking.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss