Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:58 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,610,689 times

Advertisements

I've had to reduce my coffee intake for reasons not related to weight loss. I use three substitutes that work pretty well - Pero, Cafix, and a third one I can't remember off hand. They're all about the same taste-wise, which is to say not terrible but not terribly like coffee either. Still, they work to keep a 30+ year coffee ritual going without actually drinking coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,849,954 times
Dr. Oz is a flipping moron. Drink your coffee.

The most constant thing in my life the past 5 or so years is a daily cup or two of coffee. With fat free half and half (20 calories per 2 tbsp, I have a little less than that in my coffee). Sometimes I'll have regular half and half, which is 40 calories, but I use less since it has much more flavor and bulk.

If 20 calories is going to break your diet, then you need a new diet. The coffee itself isn't doing anything to your diet.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,623,521 times
I gave up coffee/caffeine for over a year.......why, I read some idiotic blather about reaching a heightened mental/physical state.

After the first week of no caffeine.....well, I was not feeling the blissfullness. The insanity of no caffeine lasted for a little over a year. That year was quite bleechy.....I felt very, very, jealous and angry when I saw someone drinking a gorgeous cup of coffee.

Coffee/caffeine makes my life better!!!!!!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:48 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,210,913 times
i drink one cup of day and i've managed to lose plenty of weight. i even put 3 teaspoons of sugar in my coffee and milk. i should probably cut back on the sugar, but the extra jolt helps me with cardio.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:33 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,383,742 times
When I was a consistent runner, I drank a cup or two every morning before heading out to train. I found that it did wake me up, but one of the side effects of drinking coffee for me was stress incontinence. It was so awful that I was considering surgery. As part of a concerted effort to improve my health, I gave up coffee. The symptoms disappeared completely, I slept better, and the bags under my eyes diminished, although I think that might be related to the large quantities of water I now consume (at least 72 ounces/day). Friends have commented that I look younger and asked what I'm using, but I haven't changed a thing other than my diet. My weight is lower than it has been in years. Whether that has anything to do with the coffee I don't know, but I can also report that my fasting blood sugar is now well within the normal range after rising to prediabetic levels about a decade or so ago.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-28-2013 at 05:47 PM..

Old 02-05-2013, 01:39 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,022,809 times
I will give up coffee when I'm dead. Both coffee and tea have no equal as the best beverages other than pure, clean water.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:05 PM

178 posts, read 355,656 times
when it comes to weight loss, coffee is a bit controversial. some people say that it provides benefits to the dieters but some people say that it may be detrimental to one's weight loss plan. i think its pros and cons depends on how it has been consumed and some other factors.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:15 AM

7 posts, read 6,146 times
Coffee in moderation is very good for you. Caffeine is a stimulant and that increases your metabolism, which causes your weight loss to be maximized. It acts as a mild appetite suppressant for weight loss..

Jemimah

Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 AM

17,546 posts, read 39,171,450 times
Nothing wrong with coffee in moderate amounts (a couple cups) especially if you drink it plain. I love coffee with my breakfast, although I have had to start making it half-caff, I am diabetic and the caffeine definitely raises blood sugar temporarily, so keep that in mind (yes, this confirmed by my doc and I can feel it) Otherwise it doesn't really affect weight loss one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss