Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 11:16 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lmao. Sorry, but this just made me laugh.

Rare (almost never) a woman would compliment a man they don't know on their physique.

Ain't no woman gonna buy it, lol
Yes, that's downright laughable. Maybe a teenage girl would be buy that . I've admired biceps (I like nice arms), but am not one to do so to a random guy.

I would hope any thinking, rational, individual could see right through that bullsh*t advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 11:17 AM

877 posts, read 1,316,826 times
Also, he was initially attracted to you and took interest in you for a reason. So if he meets you at 5'5 140lbs, and you know that he's really only attracted in shape/average (sized) women, why is it so ridiculous to understand that he's not going to be attracted to you at 5'5, 180 lbs?

Why do people like to act as though they don't have preferences when it comes to sensitive topics like race, weight and height?

Most people can openly admit they wouldn't purposely seek out a partner they aren't attracted to. And they won't sleep with someone (purposely) they are not attracted to. I don't see how marriage would change that.

No amount of love can trump a 60lb weight gain.

It's not divorce worthy (obviously) and shouldn't cause you to stop loving your partner but c'mon.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:23 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, its not "someones "business" if their wife or girlfriend is fat and out of shape or unhealthy? Because its damn sure going to be his " business"if she ends up with health problems like diabetes or heart disease.
No one will change just because someone else wants them to I don't care how much of their health you think is "your business".
It will not happen and any amount of suggesting, threatening, or asking to go for a hike or to the gym or any of the other blah,blah will not change a thing.

As far as the diabetes goes, my Husband is diabetic and is in good health and physical condition. He is not over weight, does not drink, does not smoke, does not over induldge in sweets or red meat yet he developed diabetes and he is the first in his family to develop it.

Be sure you know all the facts about a disease before you go blaming something that "could" have nothing to do with the development of the disease.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:23 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Don't tell me "you don't" ! There has to be some way to bring it up and encourage / support , ask them to loose weight and get in shape without hurting their feelings. I know being pushy or rude is no way to go but somebody has had to have hit on the exact combination of timing and words to pull it off
Did you really think that women who need to get in shape don't know it? Seriously? You thought they need you to tell them that??

Old 07-01-2014, 11:26 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I was talking about the sensitivity level.
That's my point. A man can't do anything about his penis, a woman who is unhappy about her weight can do something about it.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:27 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I honestly think penis size is something that is greatly over emphasized. I only hear about it in a humorous context or from those who are really insecure.
Agreed.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:29 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Also, he was initially attracted to you and took interest in you for a reason. So if he meets you at 5'5 140lbs, and you know that he's really only attracted in shape/average (sized) women, why is it so ridiculous to understand that he's not going to be attracted to you at 5'5, 180 lbs?

Why do people like to act as though they don't have preferences when it comes to sensitive topics like race, weight and height?

Most people can openly admit they wouldn't purposely seek out a partner they aren't attracted to. And they won't sleep with someone (purposely) they are not attracted to. I don't see how marriage would change that.

No amount of love can trump a 60lb weight gain.

It's not divorce worthy (obviously) and shouldn't cause you to stop loving your partner but c'mon.
Wow, then you've never been in love. When you are in love, you try to help the person. You don't dump them because they gained weight.

Also, if you care so much about them, and want them to stay in shape so badly, why would you wait for them to pack on 60 lbs (or, in your narrative, 40 lbs)??? Going by your logic, shouldn't you "love" them enough to stop them from letting themselves go to hell like that???

Old 07-01-2014, 11:30 AM

41 posts, read 46,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relationshippro View Post
The best way to tell the women to get in shape is "just give her positive compliment with negativity" Something like this "You are looking nice but I think if you loose your wait a bit you look gorgeous." Its really works..
HAHAHAHAH!

This does NOT work.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:34 AM

708 posts, read 823,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
That's what I was thinking.

If one of you is in great shape and your church is the gym and the other is overweight and hates to exercise, then consider you might not have compatible lifestyles. Find someone you're more compatible with.
It's a bit different when both of you are in shape when you first meet and then a few months later one of you look like the michelin man.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:35 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Wow, then you've never been in love. When you are in love, you try to help the person. You don't dump them because they gained weight.

Also, if you care so much about them, and want them to stay in shape so badly, why would you wait for them to pack on 60 lbs (or, in your narrative, 40 lbs)??? Going by your logic, shouldn't you "love" them enough to stop them from letting themselves go to hell like that???
Right, and that's the big part missing from the OP. Is this mystery women who needs to get in shape stuffing her face with donuts on the couch? Is she depressed and self-medicating with food? Is she on a new medication that's messing with her metabolism? Has her work schedule changed so that it's harder to schedule a workout into her day? Was she athletic and fit to begin with? Has she gained a lot of weight or just changed her lifestyle? There's a lot of information that we don't have that would be helpful. Someone who truly cared would try to get to the bottom of any changes, rather than going right into "your appearance displeases me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss