Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 12:15 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,965,061 times

Advertisements

This would be funny:

Guy tells SO she needs to lose weight.
Girl says, "Fine." ( you know the kinda 'fine' I'm talking bout )
Girl drops a ton of weight and tones up better than him.
Girl gets hit on and girl leaves guy.

The end.

Last edited by funymann; 07-01-2014 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: Drop some words to look skinnier. :)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 12:16 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Replace 60 lbs with 200 lbs, are you singing the same tune?

Sometimes people are naive in hopes of trying to change reality. People change, and if it's dramatic (whether personality wise or physically), you can't expect the person you're with to want to be with you anymore

Sorry, but if I put on 200 lbs on my frame that is only meant to maybe be 125lbs at most, why would I expect my husband to stay with me? I'm reckless with my health (as I said, both grandparents died from heart disease, my father is diabetic which I know isn't a death sentence, but still), I'm selfish and I'm not taking care of myself.

And the same goes for men as well. Most men in America aren't exactly the epitome of lean muscle with a low body fat percentage.

If the OP is a slob as well, not sure where he gets off thinking she's the only who needs to change...

But I can kinda see why American men commonly go to Asia for partners. They typically cite physical appearance as one, since those women do tend to take care of their weight
You just need to stop. The naïveté is embarrassing.

You obviously have no knowledge of the meaning of or experience with TRUE commitment. I hope for your sake you don't end up with a spouse who shares your viewpoint.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:21 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,282,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
This would be funny:

The end.
And you know what? This happens a LOT. Especially in the bariatric weight loss community, from what I hear. Women lose a ton of weight after weight loss surgery and then end up leaving their SO for someone else.

The alternative, of course, is to just lose 180-200 lbs immediately by dumping the douche who told you to lose weight, and then making him eat his heart out the next time you see him by losing weight and looking amazing.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You just need to stop. The naïveté is embarrassing.

You obviously have no knowledge of the meaning of or experience with TRUE commitment. I hope for your sake you don't end up with a spouse who shares your viewpoint.
It sounds to me like she already did. Very sad.

18 posts, read 18,105 times
Quote:

Sometimes people are naive in hopes of trying to change reality. People change, and if it's dramatic (whether personality wise or physically), you can't expect the person you're with to want to be with you anymore

Sorry, but if I put on 200 lbs on my frame that is only meant to maybe be 125lbs at most, why would I expect my husband to stay with me? I'm reckless with my health (as I said, both grandparents died from heart disease, my father is diabetic which I know isn't a death sentence, but still), I'm selfish and I'm not taking care of myself.

And the same goes for men as well. Most men in America aren't exactly the epitome of lean muscle with a low body fat percentage.

If the OP is a slob as well, not sure where he gets off thinking she's the only who needs to change...

But I can kinda see why American men commonly go to Asia for partners. They typically cite physical appearance as one, since those women do tend to take care of their weight
Well said. I would also add that people need to take personal responsibility for the actions including their eating habits. Dont blame other people for being a pig or not working out. It's your responsibility.

7,400 posts, read 6,375,977 times
Quote:

It has nothing to do with "taking care of their weight." It has more, a lot more, to do with the standard American diet than simply not being slobs. What are the differences in diet and lifestyle between Western and Eastern culture? Diet plays the biggest role in fat storage and lipolysis. Not one's activity, and certainly not willpower or discipline as it relates to laziness.

One can easily apply such simplistic thinking to other areas. "It's no wonder foreigners don't 'get' American culture. Americans are less diverse and open to forward thinking."

While it's true in many respects, there's much more to it than that. There are actual reasons for why X or Y behavior exists, and it's hardly due to some simple matter.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regirock View Post
Well said. I would also add that people need to take personal responsibility for the actions including their eating habits. Dont blame other people for being a pig or not working out. It's your responsibility.
Where is there any blame at all being assigned here? No one is saying that someone shouldn't take personal responsibility.

It's so weird how others hate people just for being overweight. It's not something I can wrap my head around.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:27 PM

20,770 posts, read 19,995,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
This would be funny:

The end.
yeah, but reality is more like:

Girl gets upset, which means no more sex for Guy
Girl gains a ton of more weight and blames it on Guy
Guy is FED UP and leaves Girl.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:27 PM

374 posts, read 393,675 times
I believe everyone should work out, if they can, even if you don't need to lose weight.

It's just down right good for your health.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
I believe everyone should work out, if they can, even if you don't need to lose weight.

It's just down right good for your health.
Well yeah, but that's not the point of this post. LOL.

I don't think anyone is arguing that people should work out and eat healthfully. That seems to be the confusion here.

The argument here is whether a man has the right to tell a woman he's not really in a serious relationship with, that she should lose weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss