Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:00 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Thank heaven for DVR. Every show we watch has been pre-Recorded so we can watch at our own convienience and ffwd through commercials. Most sporting events we start watching and hour or two late so we can ffwd through comercials as we come to them.
Have you noticed how much more time you have to do other things once you get hooked on this DVR gadget? I think it's awesome (and it saves me from killing my remote control freak b/f)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 10:06 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
A few years ago I mentally counted how many fast food restaurants were within a mile of my house, and I got up to over 50! Geez, even Target has some Taco Bell/Pizza Hut thing in it. Who goes out to eat at Target?

I was never a big fast food eater, but gave it up totally about 7 or 8 years ago. It probably helped that I was (am) allergic to beef too. But I started associating the trash associated with fast food (bags, wrappers, cups) that you see littering the entire country with trash in and on my body. If you eat this trash, you end up with excess trash attached to your body in the form of fat. The association of the food with the trash caused me to be sickened by the thought of eating the food.

Maybe if anyone is struggling with fast food, this association could help. Even the commercials are gross to me, but mostly they don't even register when I see them. I also think about the quality of food over the quantity, and fast food is definitely about quantity.
I do. I do. Lollllll
Actually the Target I go to (rarely), has a Starbucks AND a pizza thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss