Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 11:03 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Translation: You have none.

And for the record, I've posted a multitude of research that supports my claims.

What little credibility you may have had here is withering and dying.
Lol. I didn't know I was in a credibility contest with some anonymous person on an Internet forum. If I would have wanted to have that kind of competition, I would have ripped apart your various citations with their pseudo-science and flawed conclusions, as well as your misinterpretation of them. As it is, I couldn't really be bothered to write up all the ways you are on the wrong track with your various sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 11:28 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Lol. I didn't know I was in a credibility contest with some anonymous person on an Internet forum. If I would have wanted to have that kind of competition, I would have ripped apart your various citations with their pseudo-science and flawed conclusions, as well as your misinterpretation of them. As it is, I couldn't really be bothered to write up all the ways you are on the wrong track with your various sources.
Yet you could be bothered to come back here and continually respond? Pretty sure that takes just as much time.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 807 times
Have you tried meditation weight loss method? You can go on this helpful link if you wih to [url]http://bit.ly/1XR7OQR[/url].

Old 05-27-2016, 06:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,342 times
Hi, balance your diet and avoid fat food, drink too much water and keep yourself busy instead of eating.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:48 PM

269 posts, read 134,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariton View Post
Gaining more or less 8 kilos in just 4 months is too bad for me. How could i go back and lose those unwanted fats without taking any burning pills? Looking forward to wear swim suits this coming summer and sexy attires this spring. ��
I work in a petroleum refinery, At the end of 2014, I took an employer mandated physical with blood tests.

My blood pressure and cholesterol were too high based on my employer's requirements. This was the second or third time they had measured my blood pressure as high.

So due to the nature of my job(I may have to wear turn out gear and scba to fight fires), they told me to get on blood pressure medication.

My doctor told me that I really didn't want to be on those pills long term, that if I cut out pop, exercised, ate less, etc that these problems would probably take care of themselves and I could get off the medication.

Basically this was my motivation to get off the medication and have normal blood pressure and cholesterol(goals I accomplished). I actually used my 10 year anniversary gift from my employer to get a stationary bike.

The stationary bike didn't even support my weight based on the manufacturers guidelines. It had a max of 250pounds. I weighed over 300pounds. But I ended putting nearly 3000miles on that stationary bike before it finally gave out.
I picked the bike because running really hurt my knees.

I started riding the bike in late February of 2015. I didn't change my eating habits until sometime in March. And by change my eating habits I mean, I just completely cut out pop and juice and basically just consciously consumed less food/fewer calories.

I think my starting weight was 320-330 pounds. I didn't weigh myself that often.

By September of 2015 I was down to 225-220pounds. I'm between 6'1" and 6'2".

To me eating less food was easily 85% responsible for the weightloss.

I think the exercising had little to do with my weightloss. The exercising for me made me want to eat fewer calories since I was really pushing myself on the stationary bike, and I strongly felt like I'd be wasting all that hard work if I went and over ate, and the exercising greatly improved my overall health and fitness.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 1,342 times
Meditation is safe to be practiced in any sort of healing and it's simple, no specific tools required!

Old 06-24-2016, 06:05 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,195 times
So are you all skinny folks who are successful, or are you all chubby folks who are having some success? Real question. This will give some validity to this thread to me. I have a real job where I am REQUIRED to sit for 8 hours (I walk on my breaks), and I have 2 kids. I don't really want advice from the fitness guroo..who works out 2 to 3 hours a day, has a genetically fast hormonal balance that dreams are made of. I dont have a fridge a work, so I can't bring perishables. I can't drink too much or I am running to the potty all day...so is there a real life diet for the rest of us out there?

Old 06-24-2016, 10:02 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
So are you all skinny folks who are successful, or are you all chubby folks who are having some success? Real question. This will give some validity to this thread to me. I have a real job where I am REQUIRED to sit for 8 hours (I walk on my breaks), and I have 2 kids. I don't really want advice from the fitness guroo..who works out 2 to 3 hours a day, has a genetically fast hormonal balance that dreams are made of. I dont have a fridge a work, so I can't bring perishables. I can't drink too much or I am running to the potty all day...so is there a real life diet for the rest of us out there?
Yes, just eat less, but make sure they are nutrient dense foods. Skip simple carbs foods - white breads, bagels, cookies, etc... Foods with healthy oils like nuts, avocados, salmon, and olive oil itself are very good sources of fat. Incorporate small amounts into your diet and you will feel fuller longer.
Keep a food journal, either online or by writing everything you eat down. This will help keep you accountable and you can refer back to it if you have a stall, gain or lose weight so you can see what works and what doesn't.
Make the most out of your walking breaks - high intensity - go fast, step high, swing your arms, anything to raise your heart rate.
Buy an exercise band and use it will sitting. There are so many moves you can do while sitting.
Drink water when you can, it really helps. Also, do exercise videos at home. Depending on the age of your kids you can get them involved! Or if older tell them that this is Mommy time and to leave you alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss