Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:54 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,114,067 times

Advertisements

Good post riaelise, and I completely agree. As I get closer to dinner time I start feeling a bit hungry, but once I have finished dinner my hunger has disappeared and I feel satisfied. I believe I might be eating a bit less than I should, but there will be days when I eat more than I should, to make up for it. Over the long term I think it will be okay, and within 1-2 weeks I'll know if I'm off my plateau and have resumed losing weight.

I'm actually not that far away from a major goal (upper border of normal BMI) and losing even 1-2 pounds/week should get me to a point where I'll be much happier than at present. Just to put that in perspective, my target weight is 14 pounds below upper border and I have to lose 10 pounds to reach that border. If I can break into the normal BMI range I'll be much happier about myself and about my fitness program.

We should all feel confident that as long as we keep trying, and change our methods if we run into obstacles, that we will reach our goals and all of us will be physically fit at a healthy weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 11:53 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,007,147 times
Lots of hunger scales online that describe
stages from 1-10 of hunger & fullness with the
advice to eat when hungry but not ravenous and
stop eating when full but not stuffed.
Eating at around a 3 or 4 and stopping at around a 6 or 7 on the scale,
depending on the scale you use.

I am fine with being slightly hungry during the day but
don't like going to bed that way, therefore I devise my diets to
work with that quirk.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:21 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
I just turned 38 and I have definately noticed that I can't go as long without eating as I used to. When I was in my 20s I could go almost all day and not eat anything as long as I kept busy, but I cannot do that now. If I go too long without food now I can feel myself getting shaky and I can also feel my acid reflux flaring up. I have also found that if I get too hungry, then I will get in a rush to eat and end up eating food that I shouldn't be eating.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:29 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I just turned 38 and I have definately noticed that I can't go as long without eating as I used to. When I was in my 20s I could go almost all day and not eat anything as long as I kept busy, but I cannot do that now. If I go too long without food now I can feel myself getting shaky and I can also feel my acid reflux flaring up. I have also found that if I get too hungry, then I will get in a rush to eat and end up eating food that I shouldn't be eating.
Oh yeah, I find myself getting shaky and light headed too. I was hoping it wasn't diabetes or something. In my 20's I often went all day without food. Of course I would make up for it between 6pm and 11pm. But I felt just fine.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:34 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Oh yeah, I find myself getting shaky and light headed too. I was hoping it wasn't diabetes or something. In my 20's I often went all day without food. Of course I would make up for it between 6pm and 11pm. But I felt just fine.
Yeah I remember when I was in my 20s I used to work an entire 12 hour shift doing manual labor and would only eat a small bag of chips on my lunch break. I would keel over if I tried that now.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:52 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
I eat every 2-3 hrs. most days. I stop eating at probably 12 a.m.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Some of that may be due to a blood sugar roller coaster. Eating lots of bad carbs increases your blood sugar which triggers an insulin response which plummets your blood sugar.
Eating lower carb meals and good carbs improves all that.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Quote:
I just don't feel great if I wait too long. Mostly queasy. Sometimes lightheaded. I keep a few snacks around in case. The symptoms vary based on what I have been eating.

I know people who don't need breakfast. I am not one of them, I have about a 2 hour eat or feel crappy window for breakfast!

I function best on regularly scheduled meals.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:34 PM

9,852 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Some of that may be due to a blood sugar roller coaster. Eating lots of bad carbs increases your blood sugar which triggers an insulin response which plummets your blood sugar.
Eating lower carb meals and good carbs improves all that.
I'm 59 and only eat twice a day at 9/10 & 6/7. I'm never hungry and no cravings. My only carbs are vegetables and I always have a protein with each meal - seafood, eggs or meat.

When you're only eating two meals a day, you make those meals count with good healthy choices. I don't need the fillers like pasta, breads and rice. Very happy eating this way. Very healthy, good numbers, no meds. It's not boring, I love these foods.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I'm 59 and only eat twice a day at 9/10 & 6/7. I'm never hungry and no cravings. My only carbs are vegetables and I always have a protein with each meal - seafood, eggs or meat.

When you're only eating two meals a day, you make those meals count with good healthy choices. I don't need the fillers like pasta, breads and rice. Very happy eating this way. Very healthy, good numbers, no meds. It's not boring, I love these foods.
That sounds really healthy. I am working towards the same type eating style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss