Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 10:12 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,514,971 times

Advertisements

Problem with a booth is there is no adjustment,you either fit or you dont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 11:55 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,548,765 times
My niece has that problem too, ever since she was in junior high she has looked 8 months pregnant. Her legs and arms were always normal sized, didn't look chubby at all.

I know some people bloat very bad due to allergies or intolerances. Have you tried a gluten free diet for a month just to see? I would do an elimination diet, just one item at a time, to rule out food allergies.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:59 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,660,777 times
some restaurants have booths and the table moves. Those are great!

Old 06-05-2017, 06:44 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,804,672 times
Wheat belly.

Reduce your carb intake and see what happens.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:47 AM

13,454 posts, read 15,583,715 times
Some people are prone to store fat in their middle but not to the degree you describe. I was 60 lbs overweight, big all over and fit in booths. Overconsumption of carbs (without burning them up) can cause you to retain water. Solution cut your calories while keeping up the exercise. You may never have a flat belly but that's fine,

Old 06-05-2017, 08:22 AM

17,593 posts, read 39,327,296 times
OP, it sounds like you may have food alleriges, or gut issues. You mentioned bloating. I have had that before. When I was overweight, mine was around my waist and I had never been an "apple shape" when younger, I was more tall, slim hourglass type. And yes, some of those booths can be narrow for comfort. But I had medical issues, diabetic and ate way too many processed foods. I have since lost weight and done things to heal my gut. Even though I am now the correct weight for my height and not super bloated, I still have stomach fat which expands when I sit making me look much larger than I am. I am chalking it up to age (late 60s now) even though I exercise DAILY.

You might try limiting wheat and grains, also fried foods, or things that are difficult to digest.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:51 AM

26,666 posts, read 28,868,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
OP, it sounds like you may have food alleriges, or gut issues. You mentioned bloating. I have had that before. When I was overweight, mine was around my waist and I had never been an "apple shape" when younger, I was more tall, slim hourglass type. And yes, some of those booths can be narrow for comfort. But I had medical issues, diabetic and ate way too many processed foods. I have since lost weight and done things to heal my gut. Even though I am now the correct weight for my height and not super bloated, I still have stomach fat which expands when I sit making me look much larger than I am. I am chalking it up to age (late 60s now) even though I exercise DAILY.

You might try limiting wheat and grains, also fried foods, or things that are difficult to digest.
I get bloated from dairy products and I know bloating is one symptom of a food allergy. Nothing to do with booths or overweight for me--just food allergy. If I were you, I would check into food allergies.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:04 PM

983 posts, read 1,189,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Wheat belly.

Reduce your carb intake and see what happens.
This

Excess Carbs cause the human body to retain water and 'bloat' ... yes in your mid section
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss