Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 06:52 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,904,195 times

Advertisements

Keto Diet 'Can Promote Disease' Says Leading Doctor
https://tinyurl.com/y7a64xww
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 04:49 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Crustless pizza FTW... here's how I do it.

I use a pie pan... this is not a skinny pizza, it's deep.
First, a layer of Old Folks Medium Spicy sausage. The grease keeps it from sticking to the pan.
Next a layer of pepperoni.
Then, Mids Pizza Sauce. To me, it tastes better than regular pizza sauce.
Then a layer of mushrooms.
Then a little mozzerella on top.

Bake it. It's really good and does not make my blood sugar spike.
That sound great. Thanks for sharing. Which is what I was asking when I started this post. Has anyone done Keto and have any recipes. lol

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:18 AM

3,972 posts, read 5,164,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
That sound great. Thanks for sharing. Which is what I was asking when I started this post. Has anyone done Keto and have any recipes. lol
Fathead Pizza dough is a staple of keto diets.

Combine
3/4 cup mozzeralla
2 Tbsp cream cheese
1 egg
Italian spices to taste
3/4 almond flour.

Combine these until well blended. A food processor can help.
Place in fridge for 30 minutes, then place between two pieces of wax paper and roll it out as thin as you want it. Bake in 400F oven until browned, then add toppings of your choice and continue cooking until dine.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:50 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
Fathead Pizza dough is a staple of keto diets.

Combine
3/4 cup mozzeralla
2 Tbsp cream cheese
1 egg
Italian spices to taste
3/4 almond flour.

Combine these until well blended. A food processor can help.
Place in fridge for 30 minutes, then place between two pieces of wax paper and roll it out as thin as you want it. Bake in 400F oven until browned, then add toppings of your choice and continue cooking until dine.
Thank you. Sounds great. I will try it.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:40 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,249,100 times
Quote:
Old Folks makes a number of flavors of sausage.
I've used Italian sausage in this recipe as well. I've also blended Italian with Medium Spicy. They also have full Spicy. They're all good.
The wife likes to put fajita veggies on hers. None for me... I'm not a big pepper person.

IMO, the Mids pizza sauce is the key ingredient. I'd use it no matter how you make the pizza.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:19 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,469,216 times
This is close to the original. There are variations on this and you can Google or Youtube for more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmE3slXwKmk

It's been modified to make other things like bagels, garlic bread etc.

Low-Carb Mozzarella Dough - 4 ways

Old 11-21-2018, 03:49 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
So I have been eating Keto the last 7 weeks and have lost 16 pounds. Honestly this is the first thing I have tried that seems like healthy eating and my weight isn't dong the yo yo up and down. I bought a Ketogenic cook book at Walmart and have cooked many of those recipes. I feel the elimination of sugar, low carbs and higher good fat is the reason I am having success. My favorite treat now is sugar free jello with berries and heavy cream on top. I am eating a lot of greens, fish and chicken. I found a low carb treat "whisps" also found at Walmart.

Just curious is anyone else has had success with Keto eating and any great recipes to share?
My niece follows a keto diet and looks great. I'm eating a diet recommended in The Plant Paradox which is the only diet that's ever worked for me...I've lost all of my excess weight and gut and maintained it for 15 months and all of my blood number have vastly improved...at this point, I'm a true believer.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:07 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,803 times
How can you eat a lot of vegetables on a Keto diet and stay under 20 carbs a day? I decent salad uses almost all the daily carbs, lettuce,onion, peppers, tomatoes individually do not have a lot of carbs but collectively they add up quick to put you close to the 20 carb maximum if you have a big salad.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:36 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,527,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
How can you eat a lot of vegetables on a Keto diet and stay under 20 carbs a day? I decent salad uses almost all the daily carbs, lettuce,onion, peppers, tomatoes individually do not have a lot of carbs but collectively they add up quick to put you close to the 20 carb maximum if you have a big salad.
The 20g is net carbs, after you subtract out fiber grams. Most veggies are high enough in fiber that you end up with very low carbs.
Onions are one of the exceptions - like other root veggies it's low fiber, high carb. But you can eat bucketloads of lettuce and all other green leafy veggies.
Nightshades like peppers and tomatoes have a higher ratio of carbs to fiber but you can still eat a decent amount and stay under 20 g carbs after you subtract out the fiber.
Some people don't like to bother with subtracting out the fiber and instead set their daily total carb intake at 40-50g, which is more or less the same as 20g net carbs.

Old 03-30-2019, 11:25 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,527,747 times
Quote:
My favorite treat now is sugar free jello with berries and heavy cream on top. I am eating a lot of greens, fish and chicken. I found a low carb treat "whisps" also found at Walmart.

Just curious is anyone else has had success with Keto eating and any great recipes to share?
I've been keto for 2+ years now.
My diet is similar - heavy on poultry, fish, eggs, and green veggies. Cheese, pork, and red meat in moderation.
I use heavy cream daily in my coffee, love Kerrygold butter on steamed veggies, and I often have a small bowl of full fat Greek yogurt topped with a few berries and a Tbsp of flaxseed.
Like you, cheese crisps (Whisps) are a frequent treat.
Sugar-free jello has maltodextrin which my gut doesn't like at all.
Chia puddings are the bomb and recipes abound on the internet. Mostly I use yogurt, chia seeds, almond milk, and a splash of vanilla extract, topped with whatever spices I have on hand - cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg. Many folks add artificial sweeteners but I'm not a fan.

For me it's easiest to take a Paleo approach to eating so I don't have many recipes.
I've adapted my soup and chili recipes, primarily by leaving out potatoes, corn, beans, rice, and other starchy foods.
I used to eat rice with chili and with chicken soup but I've learned to enjoy cauliflower rice (available frozen) with them. Took awhile to acquire that taste but now I look forward to it.

My husband loves pot roast. I still prepare it for him just the same and avoid the carrots/potatoes when I'm eating. Mashed cauliflower (available frozen) is an excellent substitute. Again, it took awhile but now I love it.

One recipe staple for me is tuna or salmon cakes/patties. I beat an egg, add a can/pkg of tuna or salmon, a Tbsp (more or less) of olive oil mayo, dump in however much crushed pork rinds (Epic brand) as a substitute for bread crumbs, a good pinch of crushed red pepper, dill, garlic, onion powder, or whatever other seasonings I have on hand. Divide the mixture into 3's or 4's, roll into balls, flatten out a bit, chill for a few hours, then saute in coconut oil for 4-5 mins on each side. So good. I love them hot or cold. When cold, they're great broken up into green salads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss