Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 10:24 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,497,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
Ok then you still have not answered my question.

Answer this one question then.

Can you lose weight on any of the time restricted diets or any diet if you eat more calories than you expand?

Yes or No
I wouldn't know, I don't count calories and haven't in many years. I've wasted my time doing that and never again. I count carbohydrates in my head, it's a rough estimate but hey it works and most importantly I am not hungry all of the time, in fact, it's quite the opposite.

There is your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 11:42 AM

289 posts, read 249,127 times
Well seeing as you do not know the answer I will for you you.

NO

It's impossible to lose weight unless your in a calorie deficit.

If your body burns 2500 calories a day and you eat 3500 calories a day you will gain weight even if its in a 2 hour window or whatever time span you wish to use.
time restricted eating intervals is not a magic bullet, still comes down to thermodynamics or CICO

People have lost weight on the twinkies diet, subway diet, mcdonalds diet
Not though I would recommend them quality of food is important to insure your body receives the nutrients that it requires.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
It's impossible to lose weight unless your in a calorie deficit.
It's also impossible to lose weight if your insulin levels are elevated. Something that happens when eating highly glycemic foods such as sugar and refined carbs. THIS is why low carb diets work and not one calorie counted. On top of that, the problem is overeating period, there, I am agreeing with you. This does not come naturally if you cut out the sugar and refined carbohydrates. Cravings just disappear. Most people that eat a lot of simple carbs are always hungry, hence the multiple meals per day. That's why they cannot believe that IF works. IF does the opposite, it makes your hunger disappear. Until you eat this way, you will not understand it!

You can stick to your plan and I will stick to mine. It works, period whether you believe it or not. I will not waste my time trying to convince you of anything, I don't care but you are wasting your time trying to convince people here of what they are posting on IF, low carb etc. Do you actually think you will change anybody's mind or that you offering anything new that they haven't heard countless times before?

They wouldn't be trying anything else if CICO worked for them, DO YOU GET IT?

Last edited by gguerra; 07-17-2019 at 12:05 PM..

Old 07-17-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
It's also impossible to lose weight if your insulin levels are elevated. Something that happens when eating highly glycemic foods such as sugar and refined carbs. THIS is why low carb diets work and not one calorie counted. On top of that, the problem is overeating period, there, I am agreeing with you. This does not come naturally if you cut out the sugar and refined carbohydrates. Cravings just disappear. Most people that eat a lot of simple carbs are always hungry, hence the multiple meals per day. That's why they cannot believe that IF works. IF does the opposite, it makes your hunger disappear. Until you eat this way, you will not understand it!

You can stick to your plan and I will stick to mine. It works, period whether you believe it or not. I will not waste my time trying to convince you of anything, I don't care but you are wasting your time trying to convince people here of what they are posting on IF, low carb etc. Do you actually think you will change anybody's mind or that you offering anything new that they haven't heard countless times before?

They wouldn't be trying anything else if CICO worked for them, DO YOU GET IT?

IF is nothing but an eating schedule.

There is No scientific evidence to back up your claims.

And yes your diet could be 5 mars bars a day and you would still lose weight.

You try very hard to find a reason why your the one outlier in CICO. Except your is starting to realize that this information pretty much continues to support CICO, and cannot cope with it. Judging by the responses, anyway.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
IF is nothing but an eating schedule.

There is No scientific evidence to back up your claims.

And yes your diet could be 5 mars bars a day and you would still lose weight.

Your very hard to find a reason why your the one outlier in CICO. Except your is starting to realize that this information pretty much continues to support CICO, and cannot cope with it. Judging by the responses, anyway.
You must be blind or just not keep up, either way, CICO has a very high failure rate and as I've ALREADY stated, I've known about it since childhood. It has never worked for me and it doesn't work for countless others, no scientific proof needed, these are facts. You also must not even read what I post, you just glance at it. I could provide all of the proof in the world and you would just ignore it.

Here's some "proof" either way, again I know I am wasting my time but anyway, 170,000,000 matches from google on the phrase "calories in calories out science". Some will agree with you, some will not. I say it's not that simple. If that's too much for you to grasp then so be it, I cannot fix that.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1396&bih=657

I cannot cope with idiocy, that is for sure. The rest you can keep.

This is a nice read, it kind of describes this situation. It is long but you may actually want to read it.
http://physiqonomics.com/calories/

Last edited by gguerra; 07-17-2019 at 01:10 PM..

Old 07-17-2019, 03:59 PM

Works every time if people are correct in calculating calorie requirements often there not.

Understand this on your diet or any eating plan etc if your not in a calorie deficit you will not lose weight.

And if any of your youtube or facebook friends tell you any different they are lying.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:30 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,835,212 times
Quote:
Works every time if people are correct in calculating calorie requirements often there not.

Understand this on your diet or any eating plan etc if your not in a calorie deficit you will not lose weight.

And if any of your youtube or facebook friends tell you any different they are lying.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:54 PM

21 posts, read 22,972 times
Hello all of you. I think no one can deny that you lose weight with your body expending more than your intake.
The thing is that in reality there are other factors that have impact on your body expenditure. I saw one study ( I ll look it up and post it for you) that for the same amount a calories, the group with IF lost more fat than the CR group eating 3 meals a day.
Another trial showed that for the same total period of dieting, for the same amount of calories, the people on constant CR lost less fat than the group that took refeeds periodically. You know actual science DOES NOT know everything, there is constant investigations and always learning more of the actual process of weight loss

As for me, fourth week on IF and still o only lost 4 pounds ( same as week 3)

Old 07-21-2019, 03:47 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,020,718 times
Well done so far Magdalena! I didn't lose any weight my first month of 16:8 IF, but eventually my jeans did start to feel a bit looser. And I lost 5 pounds then second month.

I did stall in the weight loss the third month and had to start counting calories - it turns out I was snacking too much. Especially on nuts, man do I love nuts! I'm an addict though, and I really love food! Not everyone has that issue.

So now I still do IF (usually 18:6) and I still count calories while maintaining my weight. These days I mostly focus on hitting my protein macro. And it's been working for me! Over a year of IF now!

Old 07-21-2019, 04:47 AM

21 posts, read 22,972 times
Hey Lucy! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Please let me know this, have you consistently lost weight on IF? What is your meal plan in your eating window?
As it turns out, as opposed to 5 meals a day, i really enjoy IF and has made me feel more in control of the food instead of food controlling me or being hungry all the time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss