Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 12:54 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,167,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
The issue with modern wheat is not GM, it's the processing and chemicals that are added to it.

Most or all of this is done to increase profits, plain and simple. There are other issues with wheat and the health issues it causes and again this for modern wheat. It has been genetically modified in the past. It is now "normal" and not GMO'd in the traditional sense like Corn and Soy.

How an ancient food staple became toxic junk food, and what we can do about it (without going gluten-free)

I don't even expect you to read it but if you do you may learn something, same goes for other proponents here. The stuff is poison to a lot of people and they don't even realize it.
You're right. I wouldn't put much "stalk" in a grain company trying to pass its much more expensive food off as non-toxic citing quacks like Wheat Belly as if its some sort of authority on anything but selling books to dupes. Actual science of wheat causing massive outbreaks of everything from schizophrenia to ADHD to OCD to runs on the emergency room from all the opiate addicts mixing up their heroin and wheat and ending up in the ER as claimed by Davis. Yes, you to can solve your arthritis, your obesity, your paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, your depression with just one simple step. Eliminate wheat. Join me in transforming your health for just 15.99 a year, and did I mention we have supplements. People gobble it up.

So now you've got a sales pitch saying, but wait (there's more) it's not wheat! It's just the other guy's wheat. You can still eat OUR wheat. Right, sure it is. I don't but the Wheat Belly nonsense myself, but for someone who drinks that Kool-Aid and then turns right around and falls for that is just... weird.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Some people have celiac disease, some of that is definitely true for them Maybe not the ER overdoses on heroin and bipolor/schizophrenia, but it can definitely mimic arthritis. Just as someone that has lactose intolerance may want to limit, or avoid all together, most dairy products those with celiac can really "revolutionize" their health by not eating wheat as, well, to them it is toxic.

Good luck eating anything. You think a cow bears much resembles to an ancient auroch? They don't. They've been carefully "genetically modified" with selective breeding over the centuries just like a pig doesn't resemble a wild boar, the turkey, the broccoli. Take that nasty genetically modified poison right out of your mouth. It's bad for you because it's not ancient.

Last edited by Malloric; 11-13-2019 at 01:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 01:56 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,482,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Take that nasty genetically modified poison right out of your mouth. It's bad for you because it's not ancient.
Keep your head in the sand. Facts are facts, regardless of how much you BS around them.

As for wheat, I already did take it out of my mouth, a long time ago. I don't touch the stuff but it's NOT about me.

Old 11-13-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Keep your head in the sand. Facts are facts, regardless of how much you BS around them.
Absolutely. Glad you're catching on. Next step is to differentiate the BS from the facts, but understanding that BS isn't facts even if you can't tell which is which is a good first step.

Quote:
As for wheat, I already did take it out of my mouth, a long time ago. I don't touch the stuff but it's NOT about me.
Sure, it's about you. Some people are allergic to peanuts. Nothing really wrong with peanuts, they're just not for someone with peanut allergies. I don't have an issue with someone with peanut allergies not eating peanuts. That's common sense. I do have an issue with someone with unique dietary issues ranting about how toxic peanuts are, except these ancient type of peanuts a salesman told them are safe to eat. They've hit the Kool-Aid a bit too hard.

Old 11-13-2019, 02:36 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Quote:
Yet another nonsense post full of hysteria.

There's been some contamination of wheat with GM wheat in America but it's relatively small scale so your chances of actually getting any GM wheat in American is shockingly low.
Roundup Weed killer is banned in Europe. We are still at the early stages of discovering what else it is impacting to our health. It is most likely causing allergies, digestive issues with killing gut bacteria, inflammation, and skin disorders.

Old 11-13-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Roundup Weed killer is banned in Europe. We are still at the early stages of discovering what else it is impacting to our health. It is most likely causing allergies, digestive issues with killing gut bacteria, inflammation, and skin disorders.
Except it's not. You can buy it in most of Europe. Austria was the first country to ban it and others are following suit. Chiefly that's environmental concerns. It's a consumer ban, not a farm ban.

But again, you don't get it. We don't grow Round-up ready wheat here. No GM to be seen. It's sprayed on the crops to kill them for harvest both here and Europe so not sure how that makes a difference.

https://ec.europa.eu/food/plant/pest.../glyphosate_en

Last edited by Malloric; 11-13-2019 at 03:14 PM..

Old 11-13-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, you to can solve your arthritis, your obesity, your paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, your depression with just one simple step. Eliminate wheat. Join me in transforming your health for just 15.99 a year, and did I mention we have supplements. People gobble it up.

So now you've got a sales pitch saying, but wait (there's more) it's not wheat! It's just the other guy's wheat. You can still eat OUR wheat. Right, sure it is. I don't but the Wheat Belly nonsense myself, but for someone who drinks that Kool-Aid and then turns right around and falls for that is just... weird.
A couple of problems here with your little conspiracy theory.

When many people eliminate wheat, their problems go away. Simple logic would tell you that. No selling books or anything else involved. Did they make that up to give fake reviews on the book such as "wheat Belly" I did post about the recently, try reading some of the thousands of reviews. For a mere 15.99 as you put, they eliminated their problems by simply eliminating wheat. It's not just about Celiac, it's about gut health and inflammation and who knows what else. Oh, and not only that, they went back to Amazon to post "fake" reviews, they must all be getting a kick-back and be in on the same conspiracy and hey they all drink the kool-aid too.

As for the company selling "the other guys" wheat, honestly I did not notice they were selling anything. I looked at the CONTENT of the article, who cares if they are selling anything? I am not buying anyway. I look at content and data and and I ask myself is the data valid?, does it make sense? are they making it up? The answer is NO.

Not once here on CD, have I seen anybody try to discredit the data. They deflect and try to discredit based on other preconceived ideas they get simply because they are trying to sell something. Again, I'm not buying anything. The article I posted is still valid, selling aside. IRONICALLY, the farmers, flour mills and food companies are trying to make money as well, at the expense of the public's health. Why else would they want to increase output and yield? Now, talk to me about making money.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:12 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,824,977 times
Quote:
Absolutely. Glad you're catching on. Next step is to differentiate the BS from the facts, but understanding that BS isn't facts even if you can't tell which is which is a good first step.

Sure, it's about you. Some people are allergic to peanuts. Nothing really wrong with peanuts, they're just not for someone with peanut allergies. I don't have an issue with someone with peanut allergies not eating peanuts. That's common sense. I do have an issue with someone with unique dietary issues ranting about how toxic peanuts are, except these ancient type of peanuts a salesman told them are safe to eat. They've hit the Kool-Aid a bit too hard.
Cant rep you anymore.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Cant rep you anymore.
Typical.

Any luck on finding out about the sustainability of the Keto diet?

I've been waiting patiently.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
A couple of problems here with your little conspiracy theory.

When many people eliminate wheat, their problems go away. Simple logic would tell you that.
Simple logic does not tell you that many people have their ADHD, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder symptoms go away when they eliminate wheat. T

Quote:
No selling books or anything else involved. Did they make that up to give fake reviews on the book such as "wheat Belly" I did post about the recently, try reading some of the thousands of reviews. For a mere 15.99 as you put, they eliminated their problems by simply eliminating wheat.
Do they? How many schizophrenics or those with bipolar disorder have gone off psyche meds because they've eliminated wheat from their diet? I don't know. Many, apparently according to what logic tells you I guess.

Quote:
It's not just about Celiac, it's about gut health and inflammation and who knows what else. Oh, and not only that, they went back to Amazon to post "fake" reviews, they must all be getting a kick-back and be in on the same conspiracy and hey they all drink the kool-aid too.
That's the thing. Once you drink the Kool-Aid you become a believer. That guy Amazon finally kicked out of their website for telling people to drink bleach to cure autism, for example. People drank the Kool-Aid. They believe it.

Quote:
As for the company selling "the other guys" wheat, honestly I did not notice they were selling anything. I looked at the CONTENT of the article, who cares if they are selling anything? I am not buying anyway. I look at content and data and and I ask myself is the data valid?, does it make sense? are they making it up? The answer is NO.
Troubling. It's why people end up drinking bleach. No critical thinking ability. Obvious commercial site that presents no data, but hey it says what I want to hear and it's on the Internet so it must be true.

Quote:
Not once here on CD, have I seen anybody try to discredit the data. They deflect and try to discredit based on other preconceived ideas they get simply because they are trying to sell something. Again, I'm not buying anything. The article I posted is still valid, selling aside. IRONICALLY, the farmers, flour mills and food companies are trying to make money as well, at the expense of the public's health. Why else would they want to increase output and yield? Now, talk to me about making money.
There's no data to discredit. I can point out the absurdity of ridiculous statements like simple logic tells me that eliminating wheat makes people's symptoms of schizophrenia go away. That's just an absurd statement. It's not data.

Last edited by Malloric; 11-13-2019 at 07:33 PM..

Old 11-14-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Simple logic does not tell you that many people have their ADHD, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder symptoms go away when they eliminate wheat. T

Do they? How many schizophrenics or those with bipolar disorder have gone off psyche meds because they've eliminated wheat from their diet? I don't know. Many, apparently according to what logic tells you I guess.
Where do you get this ADHD, Schizophenia etc? I'm still at a loss. Do you make it up as you go along?
Here are actual reviews for "Wheat Belly". I glanced through the first 20 or so, not one mention of ADHD, Bipolar or anything else. I DO see mentions of BP, cholesterol, weight loss. The only thing I see mentioned about mental issues is no more brain fog.
Close to 6000 reviews at the moment, I guess they all drink the kool-aid huh? Yeah sure.
https://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-L...pe=all_reviews

Quote:
There's no data to discredit. I can point out the absurdity of ridiculous statements like simple logic tells me that eliminating wheat makes people's symptoms of schizophrenia go away. That's just an absurd statement. It's not data.
Sure there is. Simply by your statements I know you didn't even read it. Still with this schizo thing huh?

Here's a summary of the DATA I am talking about. All of this can be independently verified. I know I'm wasting my time, there is no kool-aid anywhere. That's your CT.

Quote:
For 10,000 years, we cultivated wheat, stored it, milled it and consumed it. The system worked, and it nourished civilization. Then, in the industrial era, we changed things.

First we invented mechanical technologies to turn wheat into barren white flour. Then, we invented chemical and genetic technologies to make it resistant to pests, drought and blight and easier to harvest, dramatically increasing yield per acre. And, while we were tweaking genetics, we also figured out how to increase glutens for better “baking properties” (fluffier results). Put another way:

We have mutant seeds, grown in synthetic soil, bathed in chemicals. They're deconstructed, pulverized to fine dust, bleached and chemically treated to create a barren industrial filler that no other creature on the planet will eat. And we wonder why it might be making us sick?

If all this alarms you, the simple and obvious prescription is “don’t eat wheat”. Hence the gluten-free craze. But, for most of us, there is an alternative solution: don’t eat industrial flour made with modern wheat.
What kool aid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss