Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 05:03 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times

Advertisements

I don't keep track. I just reduce carbs. But here is today

breakfast

3 slices bacon (in the process of cutting back to 2)

2 eggs (will never cut back, but will sometimes have 3! even 4 for a 2 yolk omelette)

handful of blueberries (I usually have a green vegetable)

late morning snack
couple spoonfuls of plain, fatted greek yogurt

lunch
mozzarella, hummus and green been burrito with some leftover salmon (This was more than I needed. I had already made the burrito when I remembered that I needed to finish the salmon today. Otherwise I would have just had the salmon and a small salad).

afternoon snack
pistachios and clementine

dinner

tofu stir fry

later tonight I'll have my guilty pleasure, a buttered bagel

I ate more than usual today and more than I need to. Still learning.

But I also rode my bike about 10 miles and will do some weight training tonight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 07:43 AM

6,558 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Breakfast - Two Good yogurt w/keto granola and a tbsp of honey. Coffee sweetened w/stevia and heavy whipping cream.

Lunch - a protein and veggie. Usually, it’s leftovers from dinner the night before.

Dinner - a protein and veggie.

Snacks - almonds, pistachios, cheese, pepperoni or salami slices.

I drink coffee, water, unsweet tea and light beer like Michelob Ultra (not daily and no more than two).

When I have a sweet craving - I’ll have a cookie or a spoonful of peanut butter.

For us, it’s easier to eat healthy during the week. We’re on a schedule and routine. The weekends are when we go off the rails a bit.

Old 03-30-2021, 10:30 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
breakfast - bagel & cream cheese. coffee with milk and splenda. water.
mid day - two yogurts (1 greek, 1 noosa)
late afternoon - has been varying depending on the day but its basically a mid sized meal. today i have some chicken skewers and brussel sprouts.

that generally ends the day. my wife bought some mandarin oranges so ive been eating those at night but that will go away in a week when phase 2 kicks in. went from 188 or so to 182 now in a 2-3 weeks time.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:42 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
90% meat, eggs, fish...........a little nuts, dairy and vegetables.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:15 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Avocado almost every single day. The most nutrient dense fruit.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:35 PM

3,527 posts, read 3,731,599 times
Currently on a high protein diet for my workout program. I converted all measurements to grams for ease of use, waste reduction and both over-eating/under-eating control.

g = grams.

Meal 1

Greek yogurt 170g
Bananas 140g
Orange 140g

Meal 2

Greek Yogurt 200g
Whey Protein 39g

Meal 3

Whole wheat pasta (dry, to be cooked) 56g
Morningstar Prime Grillers veggie patty (x2) 142g
Mustard 15g
Organic Carrot Juice 94g

Meal 4

Peanut butter (non-processed, single ingredient) 56g
Fiber supplement 3g

Meal 5

Russet potatoes 148g
Mustard 15g
Pea Protein 35g
Fiber supplement 3g

I have never had a huge appetite, so I'm supplementing in a few areas because when you eat whole foods, you have to eat a lot more to get the nutrients in and I can't handle that much food volume. Still experimenting, although I have been able to get everything to where I get close to the daily values of nutrients per a 2000 calorie diet while also maintaining a calorie deficit. The only items I go over on are protein and just a hair over on sugar. Keeps the sodium at reasonable levels too. I can decrease the sups and add more food once my cardio game is where it needs to be.

Each day is a different mix of food but this is an example day. I stay satiated and am able to hit my macros.
*Not diet advice

Old 05-14-2021, 09:47 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Orgain plant based protein as it's own meal with a light carb

Sometimes a taco salad from the local gas station. Lately Impossible whoppers which are buy one get one for a buck.

Plant based burgers or chicken sandwich using Natural Ovens Paleo bread found at costco.

I'll also eat those chewy protein bars that are high in fiber costco sells.

Cans of black beans with seasonings, peas, fruits and vegetables.

Sometimes a bag of beanitos chips with tuna salad.

Regular or greek yogurt on sale, mixed with milled flax seed. Whole oats mixed with cocoa, ceylon cinnamon, protein powder, and/or milled flaxseed.

As a treat, dark chocolate that hyvee sells.

I used to eat a lot more chinese buffets. I'll still eat them when I get back into bulk mode but I'm trying to slim down to be lean enough to have muscle definition in the chest and abs.

Basically a diet that's around 1600 net calories per day that's low to moderate in carbs, moderate in fat, moderate in protein.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:40 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Orgain plant based protein as it's own meal with a light carb

Sometimes a taco salad from the local gas station. Lately Impossible whoppers which are buy one get one for a buck.

Plant based burgers or chicken sandwich using Natural Ovens Paleo bread found at costco.

I'll also eat those chewy protein bars that are high in fiber costco sells.

Cans of black beans with seasonings, peas, fruits and vegetables.

Sometimes a bag of beanitos chips with tuna salad.

Regular or greek yogurt on sale, mixed with milled flax seed. Whole oats mixed with cocoa, ceylon cinnamon, protein powder, and/or milled flaxseed.

As a treat, dark chocolate that hyvee sells.

I used to eat a lot more chinese buffets. I'll still eat them when I get back into bulk mode but I'm trying to slim down to be lean enough to have muscle definition in the chest and abs.

Basically a diet that's around 1600 net calories per day that's low to moderate in carbs, moderate in fat, moderate in protein.
I would seriously tell all vegans and anybody to stop eating the plant based burgers or meats. They are by far the worst thing for you even worst than meat.

Not only are the bad for your health, they are very carbon high. The beyond meat stuff is just a fad thing it has nothing to do with health. They take what is a healthy pea or soy and convert it into a starch and add all kinds of binders and substitutes to form a highly processed and refined product. Stick to the real plant or meat.

Not to mention the products they use are highly gmo and very highly inflammatory due to the processing ingredients.

Old 05-25-2021, 03:38 AM

936 posts, read 823,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Anyone willing to share their food journals? My days varies, I need to get on a better food schedule. Just trying to get ideas.
I dug out some of my old food journals from last year. During a 6-week period last fall I lost 27lbs following a diet like this. This might not work for everyone. I'm a 55-yr-old male and I'm 6 foot, so I can get away with eating a little more. I shoot for around 1800 calories a day (more or less). I used to be close to 300lbs and I was built like a linebacker. I'm now down to 230lbs and still working (a 70-lb loss).

Breakfast: More often than not a sandwich: I use Sara Lee Lite 45 bread (2 slices). About 3 oz. of smoked turkey or ham. About 10-12 Wheat Thin crackers. Low-fat yogurt with 1 TBS of granola followed by 1 or 2 servings of fruit. Black coffee, water, or tea. (Some of my favorite fruits for breakfast is 1½ cups of blueberries (2 servings) with a tablespoon of whipped cream or a half of can of mandarin oranges. (also 2 servings.) I always try to eat fruit and yogurt with breakfast.

Lunch: One French bread pizza or a Healthy Choice nuked dinner. A cup steamed vegetables. A regular, average side salad with balsamic vinaigrette. More yogurt and fruit if I'm hungry. Usually drink either water, iced tea, or a Coke Zero. (Under the diet I follow I can eat as much salad as I want. --None of us got fat from eating too much lettuce or veggies. I'm only required to count the dressing on the salad as a fat. Salad for everyone at anytime!!)

Dinner: About 5 oz. of grilled chicken or any other meat, 1 cup of brown rice/wild rice pilaf, 1 cup of steamed veggies like sugar snap peas, carrots, or broccoli. Maybe another side salad along with more fruit if I'm hungry. (Actually, I'm not much a "fruit person" and have to force myself to eat it. My 1800-cal diet allows 5 servings of fruit each day; I frequently eat only about 2 servings and skip the other 3.)

Snacks: Always--and I mean always--end the night with a half ounce of dark chocolate (70%). I eat it before I go to bed. It's my treat for having a good day.

I don't believe in any "good foods" or "bad foods." All foods are good--in moderation. Eat what makes you happy but know when to apply the brakes and know your limits. For example, my diet wants me to limit my meat consumption to only 6 oz. a day. I've learned that I can get away with eating more than that. If I occasionally want a 12-oz steak, I will have it. It doesn't seem to interfere with my weight loss at all. When I follow a diet and a menu like this, I still lose about 4 to 5 pounds a week. I also eat carbs--but within limit--by carb counting. I watch my carbs, but I'm not a strict Keto carb Nazi. One of my favorite dinners that fills me up all night is 2⁄3 of whole grain spaghetti (Barilla) with a ½ cup of spaghetti sauce + 4 or 5 meatballs. Another side salad and fruit. It's a gut-buster that keeps me full all night.

Last edited by RDM66; 05-25-2021 at 05:03 AM..

Old 05-31-2021, 10:48 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Heavy on fruit, veggies and whole grains and beans/legumes. Small portion of protein, reasonable amount of fat.

My philosophy is what can I add to a dish? Fresh herbs, spices, greens like arugula, spinach, collards, mustard (goes meat dishes, in soups/sandwiches), nuts, dried fruits.

Also, how can I make it healthier? Whole wheat flour, applesauce instead of oil, monk sugar or stevia mix, etc.

Low on processed foods, added sugar, rice and potatoes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss