Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 04:55 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Heavy on fruit, veggies and whole grains and beans/legumes. Small portion of protein, reasonable amount of fat.

My philosophy is what can I add to a dish? Fresh herbs, spices, greens like arugula, spinach, collards, mustard (goes meat dishes, in soups/sandwiches), nuts, dried fruits.

Also, how can I make it healthier? Whole wheat flour, applesauce instead of oil, monk sugar or stevia mix, etc.

Low on processed foods, added sugar, rice and potatoes.

I'm always suspicious of things with funny names. I never heard of stevia before reading this forum. I've read up on it and learned that it can cause side effects in some people and that there's no real evidence yet that it treats any health condition. So why do some people consider it healthy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 05:17 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I'm always suspicious of things with funny names. I never heard of stevia before reading this forum. I've read up on it and learned that it can cause side effects in some people and that there's no real evidence yet that it treats any health condition. So why do some people consider it healthy?
I wouldn't say it's healthy. It's from a plant and replaces sugar, it doesn't spike your blood glucose.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-31-2021, 05:50 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,930,791 times
For a long time now,Cantolope,Blueberries,Peaches or Pears,one slice,2 percent Cottage Cheese and One Half Whole Wheat Breakfast Thin with Cream Cheese.
Later once in awhile Bacon and Egg and wheat toast.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:55 PM

6,338 posts, read 2,889,808 times
I've been trying to get more fiber. Quinoa most days. If not then some black beans. Or peas and sweet potatoes.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:30 PM

425 posts, read 418,401 times
I actually cut out carrots from my vegetable list. I realized they're too sugary, and a big one would actually gave me a buzz if I ate it on an empty stomach. Probably like many store-bought vegetables and fruits, they've been bred to be sweet, to appeal to consumers. I suppose heirloom varieties at the farmer's market may still be OK.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:45 AM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I would seriously tell all vegans and anybody to stop eating the plant based burgers or meats. They are by far the worst thing for you even worst than meat.

Not only are the bad for your health, they are very carbon high. The beyond meat stuff is just a fad thing it has nothing to do with health. They take what is a healthy pea or soy and convert it into a starch and add all kinds of binders and substitutes to form a highly processed and refined product. Stick to the real plant or meat.

Not to mention the products they use are highly gmo and very highly inflammatory due to the processing ingredients.
Along with this, check how much soy you're getting in the meal replacement bars and shakes. For me, it was too much soy and it messed with my estrogen and caused severe female issues. I had to have surgery. I avoid it now.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:26 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Start the day off with coffee and a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream. Lunch is Macadamia nuts, NSA dark chocolate covered walnuts (3g net carbs per 11 pieces, these are amazingly good), green olives stuffed with garlic, red peppers or jalapenos and usually what ever was left over from last nights dinner which could be a salad with chicken and avocado or maybe a steak and some grilled vegetables.

If I am on the road and and having a long day at work or just hungry I'll go to a local burger place and get a protein style lettuce wrapped burger. With bacon and avocado added if possible.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:08 AM

20 posts, read 13,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Stevia is just a substitute for sugar but only the purified form of Stevia, called stevioside, is safe to use. Whole stevia leaves or crude stevia extracts are not good for health.

Old 06-15-2021, 02:21 PM

6 posts, read 5,094 times
6:30 am: 90 - 100 minute workout on Nu Step (1100 calories)

Breakfast: 6 cliff bars, each heated for 1 min in microwave (about 1550 calories)

11 am or thereabouts: 90 -100 min workout on nu step (1100 calories)

Lunch: 1 pound extra lean ground turkey, 3 pounds frozen veg, 1 can progresso soup (light), diced onion or 2 cans sliced water chestnuts, yellow mustard, lots of siracha sauce, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 bottle sugar free coconut Torani syrup (cheap from Smartfoods), 1 can diet cream soda, and 25 drops liquid sucralose all boiled up and simmered together (1100 calories)

Dinner: 1 pound frozen strawberries, 2 pounds frozen peaches, three cans diet cream soda, 3/4 bottle of sugar free torani vanilla syrup (can be bought cheap at SmartFoods), 45 drops liquid sucralose, freeze for 30 min. (500 calories)

66 y/o male, 5' 11" , 153 pounds. Generally, quite active between workouts.

Warning - I'm a dripping mess after these workouts, but that's when I listen to news and binge watch fave shows.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:31 AM

3,687 posts, read 2,408,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Anyone willing to share their food journals? My days varies, I need to get on a better food schedule. Just trying to get ideas.
The vast majority of the days I eat:

First meal: around 1 pm.

Organic Black Beans
4-5 cloves of chopped & sliced fresh garlic that sit out in the oxygen for at least 15 minutes
Steamed Broccoli with mustard powder (to open up and enzyme)
A little Saurkraut, Wasabi or Kimchee (vary them on different days).

Second meal: 4-5-6pm.

Basmati rice, Organic lentils, barley, quinoa in my rice cooker
Green, red or yellow bell pepper
Sardines, or some sliced whole hard boiled eggs.

Third meal:

Totally depends. I usually order delivery or eat out at a cafe or restaurant solo or with friends.

Tonight it was Tofu (not fried, pumpkin soup, and a slice of wheatish bread with Vegemite). Delivery.

Because of my personal health I almost always....99% of the time avoid: foods cooked in oils & fried foods
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss