Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 03:12 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times

Advertisements

My diet runs more of a what can I add? If I see something I've never cooked with I buy it. Right now it is amaranth and black japonica rice.

My consumption of food on a daily basis is the same... how many food based products, herbs or spices can I add (without getting fat).

I try to watch it. If I had grains (I eat a lot of multi grain "oatmeal" style homemade cereals) or dairy (yogurt) I try to go heavier on protein and veggies for dinner, and lean towards fruits for dessert (or chocolate, chocolate, chocolate).

I just try to balance a lot of food groups and micro nutrients into a day.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 04:50 AM

20 posts, read 13,596 times
First thing in morning is having a mug of warm water, preferably with fresh lemon juice and one teaspoon of locally produced honey.

Breakfast - Porridge or scrambled eggs or fruit and yogurt.

Lunch - Salad and sliced home cooked meat or cheese. Sometimes baked potatoes with olive oil or butter.

Dinner - Freshly cooked vegetables.

During the day time I eat fruits, celery or cucumber. I very seldom eat bread and I drink plenty of water.

I also take vitamin tablets to stay healthy.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:37 AM

17 posts, read 9,629 times
Here you go:
Breakfast (7:30am):
  • 2 Eggs cooked in olive oil spray with blackened seasoning (minus salt) and original tobasco sauce
  • 1–1.5 cups of mixed fresh fruit (depends on what I have - blueberries, raspberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, Apple, plum, watermelon, strawberries)
  • 1/2 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt
Snack (10:00am)
  • Protein Shake - 1/2 scoop Vega One nutrition powder, 1.5 scoops pure whey protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate peanut butter powder (no salt added), 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1/2 banana, 13 ice cubes
Lunch 1 (12:00 noon)
  • 1/3 mixed salad - I combine 5 cups of veggies in a container and divide it into three servings for the day. The 5 veggies are: 1 cup arugula, 1 cup tomato, 1 cup cucumbers, 1 cup carrots, 1 cup mixed of broccoli, radish, pepper and red onion.
  • Homemade salad dressing - extra virgin olive oil, ground pepper, Dijon mustard, crushed garlic, lemon juice and white wine vinegar.
  • 1/3 cup hummus (Trader Joes Mediterranean style or Sabra)
  • 1/2 sweet potato: sliced thin and microwaved for 4:15, then put in a toaster oven, coated with extra virgin oil spray and topped with cinnamon.
  • 2 homemade wholewheat oat chocolate chip cookies (made with honey, maybe protein powder and walnuts) - my daily indulgence the recipe is here.
Lunch 2 (2:00pm)
  • 1/3 salad
  • Same salad dressing
  • 1/3 cup hummus
  • 1 grilled chicken breast (no antibiotics and grass fed) with blackened spices
Snack (4:00pm)
  • Another protein shake, same as before
Dinner (6:00pm)
  • 1/3 salad
  • Same salad dressing
  • 1–1.5 cups fresh fruit
  • 1/2 cup Chobani Greek yogurt
If if my wife wants to go out to dinner I plan my day accordingly. I cut out the carbs (sweet potato and cookies), cut the 6:00pm fruit and the chicken breast. I move my 6:00pm salad to 4:00pm. Then for dinner I order a protein and a carb of some kind.

Occasionally I replace my chicken breast with a can of tuna and split it into two servings - 1/2 with my salad at noon and 1/2 with my salad at 2:00.
At my peak I weighed 207 (5′10″). Adding more intense exercise got me down to 173. Changing to this diet, along with appetite suppressants got me down to 154 (and I workout less, only 22–45 minutes a day depending on my current program). I now fluctuate between 155–160 depending on whether or not I deviate from my menu.

I take mens health multivitamin supplement from GNC etc.

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 07-18-2021 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: spam, no links from new accounts.

Old 07-02-2021, 05:36 AM

1 posts, read 337 times
I would suggest to eat healthy food in order to make your body observe all the necessary nutrients and vitamins.
Firstly, I would drink 3-4 liters of water daily.
I would include fruits in my breakfast. And after 2 hours of breakfast, I'll have my lunch while including salads, curry and whole wheat bread.
Later again the same veggies and fruits for dinner.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:51 AM

164 posts, read 127,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartandfit View Post
First thing in morning is having a mug of warm water, preferably with fresh lemon juice and one teaspoon of locally produced honey.

Breakfast - Porridge or scrambled eggs or fruit and yogurt.

Lunch - Salad and sliced home cooked meat or cheese. Sometimes baked potatoes with olive oil or butter.

Dinner - Freshly cooked vegetables.

During the day time I eat fruits, celery or cucumber. I very seldom eat bread and I drink plenty of water.

I also take vitamin tablets to stay healthy.
Great diet plan. Mine is also similar to this.

Thanks

Old 07-13-2021, 01:29 AM

13,250 posts, read 7,300,036 times
Coffee 2-3 times a week in the morning.

Fruits I buy frozen small bowl maybe cup full of blueberries.

I eat a late lunch about 2pm big salad bowl with tuna, chicken, sometimes salmon salad.

Dinner eat light whatever we make just eat small portion example we made pot roast in the slow cooker. Small plate we put small potato I only eat one or two of those 1" red potato's rest is carrots onions some meats.

If I eat any noodles no more then 1/2 cup very small portion if I feel I have ate little too much I extend my workout at the gym which I mostly go every day 6-7 days a week.

Sometimes I will eat small bowl of fruits with some whip cream for desert no more then 2 times a month.

Old 07-17-2021, 04:06 AM

24 posts, read 16,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon091 View Post
Here you go:
Breakfast (7:30am):
  • 2 Eggs cooked in olive oil spray with blackened seasoning (minus salt) and original tobasco sauce
  • 1–1.5 cups of mixed fresh fruit (depends on what I have - blueberries, raspberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, Apple, plum, watermelon, strawberries)
  • 1/2 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt
Snack (10:00am)
  • Protein Shake - 1/2 scoop Vega One nutrition powder, 1.5 scoops pure whey protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate peanut butter powder (no salt added), 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1/2 banana, 13 ice cubes
Lunch 1 (12:00 noon)
  • 1/3 mixed salad - I combine 5 cups of veggies in a container and divide it into three servings for the day. The 5 veggies are: 1 cup arugula, 1 cup tomato, 1 cup cucumbers, 1 cup carrots, 1 cup mixed of broccoli, radish, pepper and red onion.
  • Homemade salad dressing - extra virgin olive oil, ground pepper, Dijon mustard, crushed garlic, lemon juice and white wine vinegar.
  • 1/3 cup hummus (Trader Joes Mediterranean style or Sabra)
  • 1/2 sweet potato: sliced thin and microwaved for 4:15, then put in a toaster oven, coated with extra virgin oil spray and topped with cinnamon.
  • 2 homemade wholewheat oat chocolate chip cookies (made with honey, maybe protein powder and walnuts) - my daily indulgence the recipe is here.
Lunch 2 (2:00pm)
  • 1/3 salad
  • Same salad dressing
  • 1/3 cup hummus
  • 1 grilled chicken breast (no antibiotics and grass fed) with blackened spices
Snack (4:00pm)
  • Another protein shake, same as before
Dinner (6:00pm)
  • 1/3 salad
  • Same salad dressing
  • 1–1.5 cups fresh fruit
  • 1/2 cup Chobani Greek yogurt
If if my wife wants to go out to dinner I plan my day accordingly. I cut out the carbs (sweet potato and cookies), cut the 6:00pm fruit and the chicken breast. I move my 6:00pm salad to 4:00pm. Then for dinner I order a protein and a carb of some kind.

Occasionally I replace my chicken breast with a can of tuna and split it into two servings - 1/2 with my salad at noon and 1/2 with my salad at 2:00.
At my peak I weighed 207 (5′10″). Adding more intense exercise got me down to 173. Changing to this diet, along with appetite suppressants got me down to 154 (and I workout less, only 22–45 minutes a day depending on my current program). I now fluctuate between 155–160 depending on whether or not I deviate from my menu.

I take mens health multivitamin supplement from GNC etc.

Dude this is impressive! How long you have been on this diet?

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 07-18-2021 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: remove link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss