Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 04:27 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,499,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
ya I am on strict meat diet and I don't know how I am doing it. I love rice I might cheat every once in awhile with it. i do get the occasional craving I was craving sweets the other day but I did not cave in. I eat potatoes now once a week and the weird thing is when I eat meat I don't get tired. I ate potatoes and felt sleepy like it was something I shouldn't eat.

I don't eat breakfast I have not for over 25 years. I am just not hungry when waking up.

Id love to get to 185 again.
Do you have an idea of approximately how many calories you eat in a day? Average?

If you have no idea, and are struggling to lose weight, I’d suggest keeping a food journal for 1 week. Record everything you eat. At the end of the week sit down and calculate the calories. Divide by 7.

Make sure to record everything including cooking oils, snacks, drinks, alcohol. Anything that goes into your mouth. I typically suggest waiting until the week is over to add up the calories so you don’t let the numbers influence your eating habits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2023, 07:21 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
I'm using Cronometer right now, recommended by my doctor. He wants me to up my protein and this is a great app to track everything. I'm using the free version.

Old 08-11-2023, 09:00 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
Do you have an idea of approximately how many calories you eat in a day? Average?

If you have no idea, and are struggling to lose weight, I’d suggest keeping a food journal for 1 week. Record everything you eat. At the end of the week sit down and calculate the calories. Divide by 7.

Make sure to record everything including cooking oils, snacks, drinks, alcohol. Anything that goes into your mouth. I typically suggest waiting until the week is over to add up the calories so you don’t let the numbers influence your eating habits.
no I lost 14 pounds without tracking anything go figure.

Old 08-11-2023, 09:26 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
I heard of a study that there were two groups of people who ate the same amount of calories one ate 3 times a day the other group once a day. the group that ate once a day lost more weight. tracking calories is a waste of time . food labels are wrong. legally they can be 20 percent off. there are many reasons. some try to reduce their calories by 500 calories but its impossible to track that.
Eating once/day can backfire badly for people with diabetes and pre-diabetes. It causes the blood sugar to crash (hypoglycemia) toward the end of the fasting period, if not sooner, then creates a huge insulin surge when that one meal per day hits the system. The result, among other unhealthy symptoms, is that the patient gains fat, due to the effects large amounts of insulin flooding the body. Some of these specialized diets are contraindicated for some patients. They're not for everyone. They're harmful for some.

Old 08-11-2023, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Eating once/day can backfire badly for people with diabetes and pre-diabetes. It causes the blood sugar to crash (hypoglycemia) toward the end of the fasting period, if not sooner, then creates a huge insulin surge when that one meal per day hits the system. The result, among other unhealthy symptoms, is that the patient gains fat, due to the effects large amounts of insulin flooding the body. Some of these specialized diets are contraindicated for some patients. They're not for everyone. They're harmful for some.
well that's good I am not diabetic or pre diabetic.

Old 08-11-2023, 02:33 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,499,251 times
Quote:
To preserve muscle mass you should eat more than once a day. There is only so much protein your body can absorb for muscle synthesis and repair per meal. Some studies give it as low as 30-40g for the average Joe (though those studies looked at just whey protein on a empty stomach and not a regular meal full of carbs/fats).

Old 08-13-2023, 05:11 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
That's great. I was only saying, that it's not a one-size-fits-all diet. Some people (including most doctors that recommend it) think it is.

Old 08-18-2023, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
To preserve muscle mass you should eat more than once a day. There is only so much protein your body can absorb for muscle synthesis and repair per meal. Some studies give it as low as 30-40g for the average Joe (though those studies looked at just whey protein on a empty stomach and not a regular meal full of carbs/fats).
I have heard of this yet there is a doctor online that workouts out and has lots of muscle and eats once a day. so far I have not gotten weaker and my look the same size eating once a day some days 2 times other days. I think people who have a hard time losing weight have an advantage of not losing muscle as fast as ones who are skinny and cant gain weight and build muscle.

Old 08-18-2023, 08:36 AM

Update: I MY current weight is down to 212 from starting weight of around 228. so the progress keeps coming. I have heard many stories of success eating this way.

soon I might need to buy new clothes but I don't think I will have to until I get down to around 200. I am feeling so much better cutting out carbs I am not craving those junk foods anymore. I have even slowed down a lot on my exercise but I plan on picking it up again soon.

Old 08-18-2023, 09:11 AM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
"In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires," Benjamin Franklin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss