Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2023, 01:44 PM

3,370 posts, read 1,538,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearthcrafter View Post
It’s funny because I googled this Dr. McDougall after catching up on this thread. I come from hardy peasant stock and his diet sounds a lot like a blueprint for how my people eat: lots of starchy carbs, plenty of vegetables and fruit, plant proteins, and very sparing amounts of fats. I don’t know if it’s due to genetics or due to what folks put on their carbs (we stick with herbs, spices, and aromatics instead of sauces and dressings), but obesity is not common.
wrong doctor its doctor peter A mCCULLOUGH

https://www.radcliffecardiology.com/...ter-mccullough

If you google him they will talk bad about him because google is all about censorship. use duckduck go or the brave web browser. He is known for exposing the dangers of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 10-20-2023 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2023, 09:37 AM

What is interesting on my meat diet my cholesterol went down. When you lose weight usually your cholesterol goes down.

Old 10-22-2023, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
What if you had never tasted sugar? Ever. Would you still crave it?
No. You wouldn't. You wouldn't crave it any more than a non drinker would crave another drink.

Sugar is addictive - more so to some people than others. And an awful lot of us 21st century people are addicted to sugar and many other items in that category.
I'm saying it is not a natural craving. Your diet led you to addiction, and chances are your upbringing laid the foundation for the whole problem.
Addicts - sugar, alcohol, nicotine, drugs, carbohydrates - must not have cheat days. You decide for yourself what level of addiction you have.
They gave rats cocaine and sugar. The rats pushed something to choose between cocaine or sugar. The rats always choose the sugar. Some think moderation with not so good foods is easier when in reality abstaining from those bad foods all together is a way easier route.

Eating sugar raises dopamine anything that raises dopamine has a potential for being addictive.

Old 10-22-2023, 10:12 AM

523 posts, read 245,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
wrong doctor its doctor peter A mCCULLOUGH

https://www.radcliffecardiology.com/...ter-mccullough

If you google him they will talk bad about him because google is all about censorship. use duckduck go or the brave web browser. He is known for exposing the dangers of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Sorry, my mistake! Wrong guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss