Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2023, 10:52 AM

3,370 posts, read 1,538,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Maybe post an example of a complete day of eating.

Consistency is very important also, day to day, week to week, and so on!
Do you mean before I started my diet or after?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2023, 05:26 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Do you mean before I started my diet or after?

A detailed snapshot of a day or two of everything you currently eat/drink.

Old 07-17-2023, 06:29 AM

Quote:
A detailed snapshot of a day or two of everything you currently eat/drink.
I eat one meal 6 chicken thighs. ......Another day I'll eat 1 pound of 80 percent ground beef and a bag of romaine lettuce with olive oil. I have 2 coffees with cream then one Dunkin donuts coffee with cream everyday.

Another day I'll have grilled chicken with a side of broccoi and a sweet potato. I have lost 9 pounds so far.

I drink 6 seltzer waters a day with tap water.

Another day I'll eat 1.64 pounds of chuck steak with a bag of romaine lettuce with olive oil.

Old 07-17-2023, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I eat one meal 6 chicken thighs. ......Another day I'll eat 1 pound of 80 percent ground beef and a bag of romaine lettuce with olive oil. I have 2 coffees with cream then one Dunkin donuts coffee with cream everyday.

Another day I'll have grilled chicken with a side of broccoi and a sweet potato. I have lost 9 pounds so far.

I drink 6 seltzer waters a day with tap water.

Another day I'll eat 1.64 pounds of chuck steak with a bag of romaine lettuce with olive oil.

That sounds like a pretty good diet and it looks like your weight is going in the right direction....how do you feel eating this way?

If I was to suggest a change, I would say ditch all the added fats,
you probably do not need it and the caloric reduction would probably
accelerate weight-loss.

Old 07-17-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
That sounds like a pretty good diet and it looks like your weight is going in the right direction....how do you feel eating this way?

If I was to suggest a change, I would say ditch all the added fats,
you probably do not need it and the caloric reduction would probably
accelerate weight-loss.

your body needs added fats and essential amino acids. they lied. right around the time they said fat was bad was when the obesity epidemic began. people began eating way more carbs. if you don't eat fats your testosterone will go down along with other hormones. fat loss will be stalled because your body needs it. people are brainwashed about fat. even nutritionists know fat is necessary. the lies they tell will make people sick. I know my testosterone has gone up I have more energy among other things. They looked at the videos of the appollo landing and nobody was fat. they ate way more fat in the 1960's and almost everyone was skinny. its essential. there is no such thing as a essential carb but there is such a thing as essential fats.

with this new diet I don't crave the bad foods anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUADs-CK7vI&t=2379s

if you go under 1200 calories a day fat loss stalls and I am only eating one meal a day so I need to get my calories in infact I might not be getting enough calories some days.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 07-17-2023 at 08:21 AM..

Old 07-17-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:
your body needs added fats and essential amino acids. they lied. right around the time they said fat was bad was when the obesity epidemic began. people began eating way more carbs. if you don't eat fats your testosterone will go down along with other hormones. fat loss will be stalled because your body needs it. people are brainwashed about fat. even nutritionists know fat is necessary. the lies they tell will make people sick. I know my testosterone has gone up I have more energy among other things. They looked at the videos of the appollo landing and nobody was fat. they ate way more fat in the 1960's and almost everyone was skinny. its essential. there is no such thing as a essential carb but there is such a thing as essential fats.

with this new diet I don't crave the bad foods anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUADs-CK7vI&t=2379s

if you go under 1200 calories a day fat loss stalls and I am only eating one meal a day so I need to get my calories in infact I might not be getting enough calories some days.

I am not against fat, I eat a lot of fat.......there is no need for me to add fat on
top of the fatty diet that I already eat.

Your diet has a lot of fat in it, I highly doubt you would be lacking if you ditched extra added fats.
I highly doubt you would be too low in calories if you stopped adding extra added-fat calories.

You are eating a lot of protein, which is fine. But that most likely means you are not using fat as your main source of energy, but carbs from the vegetables, and conversion of protein into glucose.

Old 07-17-2023, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I am not against fat, I eat a lot of fat.......there is no need for me to add fat on
top of the fatty diet that I already eat.

Your diet has a lot of fat in it, I highly doubt you would be lacking if you ditched extra added fats.
I highly doubt you would be too low in calories if you stopped adding extra added-fat calories.

You are eating a lot of protein, which is fine. But that most likely means you are not using fat as your main source of energy, but carbs from the vegetables, and conversion of protein into glucose.
I'm getting hardly any carbs from the vegetables unless you count the sweet potato I eat once a week. romaine lettuce virtually has no carbs. i only eat once a day. how could I even cut my fat intake if I am only eating once a day. i would need to eat only grilled chicken and that's not going to happen. I am eating chuck steak which I believe has less fat than rib eye. I believe the keto diet is 70 percent of calories from fat and I am nowhere near that. if you added up the calories I eat in a day it comes to between 1152 to 1700 calories there I did the math. most days its around 1300. I think counting calories is a waste because we all burn a different amount but at the same time you want to have an idea of how many you are taking in.

Im curious how would I even lower my fat without eating grilled chicken and turkey only?

Old 07-17-2023, 03:12 PM

I think you're referring to the olive oil as added fat. i put the ground beef on the romaine and use olive oil as a dressing versus a sugary salad dressing. the salad would be very dry without olive oil and I don't use too much. I plan on mixing up more lean meat with the fatty meat. I never heard that eating a lot of protein will prevent you from using up fat as fuel but you could be right. in fact I have seen some recommend a gram of protein per body weight and I am not getting near that I don't think.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 07-17-2023 at 04:29 PM..

Old 07-17-2023, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I'm getting hardly any carbs from the vegetables unless you count the sweet potato I eat once a week. romaine lettuce virtually has no carbs. i only eat once a day. how could I even cut my fat intake if I am only eating once a day. i would need to eat only grilled chicken and that's not going to happen. I am eating chuck steak which I believe has less fat than rib eye. I believe the keto diet is 70 percent of calories from fat and I am nowhere near that. if you added up the calories I eat in a day it comes to between 1152 to 1700 calories there I did the math. most days its around 1300. I think counting calories is a waste because we all burn a different amount but at the same time you want to have an idea of how many you are taking in.

Im curious how would I even lower my fat without eating grilled chicken and turkey only?

You really are not eating a keto-diet, way too much protein. All that protein gets readily converted to glucose, meaning you body has little to no need for ketones.

Old 07-17-2023, 06:24 PM

Quote:
You really are not eating a keto-diet, way too much protein. All that protein gets readily converted to glucose, meaning you body has little to no need for ketones.
so how low should my protein go? I'm going 90 to 160 now? wow you must eat low protein. i workout with kettlebells one is a 53 pound kettlebell. i have a lot of muscle on me. i used to workout lifting weights too.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 07-17-2023 at 06:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss