Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 08:37 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
A few months ago I read about a Carnivore Diet study conducted by Harvard University where approximately 2100 people participated. The study provided incredible insights into the benefits of the Carnivore Diet and at the time, I weighed in at 313 pounds. After reading about the study and the results, I decided to try the Carnivore Diet as a means to lose weight and get healthier overall. Today, coming up on 11 weeks on this diet, I have lost 43 pounds and feel amazing!! I plan to continue this journey until I reach my goal weight of 225 pounds.

At first, I was very skeptical about this diet. I worried about how it would impact my cholesterol and I always suffered from Gout, for which I avoided red meat. After starting the diet, I consume mostly red meat, and have even started eating organ meat again (I love beef liver), and have not suffered a Gout flareup yet. There are Doctors online who swear by this diet and it's benefits. I feel like this diet has helped me sleep better at night. I wake up more energized, and the body aches and pains that plagued me before are good. I used to think the lower back pain in the morning was muscular, but I'm convinced that it was inflammation caused by all the carbohydrates and sugars that I was consuming. Since eliminating Carbs and Sugars, I feel amazing, and plan on adopting this diet as my way of life.

This diet is not necessarily for everyone, but I feel like it's the one diet I can stick to and I'm seeing great results. Best of all, when I had my recent physical all of my lab results were either in the normal range or closing in on normal range when compared to my previous physical results.

Today, I am 270 pounds. I have not been this "lite" since around 2012 when my wife and I welcomed our first born, and I can't wait to reach my goal weight of 225 pounds, which is what I weighed when I was in college.

Below is the link to the Harvard study that was conducted. The results will amaze you, especially for those out there who suffer from Diabetes. Removing Carbs and Sugars from your diet may lead to you getting off the meds.

https://www.doctorkiltz.com/the-harv...re-diet-study/

Props to you on your weight loss! As you now know, there's nothing better than when you feel good. It's the best feeling in the world.

I could not agree more with you on the carbs and sugars. There is no such thing as an "essential carb", so the body truly does not need them. White sugar/soda/etc is truly the problem in today's society. It was not a problem 60 years ago, but with the rise of processed foods, it's a massive problem now.

I do the carnivore diet as well (no liver for me....lol), but I have found that I can add certain carbs in, namely some berries, as well as four other favorites of mine (peppers, onions, asparagus and broccoli).

Don't forget about electrolytes if you are consuming a lot of water. I use the LMNT brand, but you can basically make your own.

What I like most about the carnivore diet is the satiety I feel. Back in the day, I was not careful with my diet, and the sugar I was taking in was giving me the crashes that make you hungry all the time. Now, I eat between the hours of 12-6 every day, and feel fantastic.

I wish you continued success!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2024, 07:48 PM

653 posts, read 781,365 times
Update…

As of today, I weigh 253 pounds. A full 60 pounds lighter than when I started. My target weight is 225. Each week I get closer and feel great physically. Aside from the physical feeling, mentally I feel great and confident. This lifestyle works for me, and I plan to continue. People I know are noticing he huge change and at least 6 people have told me they will try the lifestyle as well. 60 pounds gone in 3.5 months. No treadmill!! LOL. Just discipline and commitment. No hunger!! I’m always full and satisfied. Thanks for all the support!!

Old 01-21-2024, 08:42 PM

2,040 posts, read 990,078 times
I have followed this thread with interest. Thanks for the input, OP and congrats on changing your life for better.

Old 01-23-2024, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
I have followed this thread with interest. Thanks for the input, OP and congrats on changing your life for better.
Thank you for the support!

Old 01-23-2024, 04:26 PM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
please consider your gut/microbiome. maybe when you get closer to goal weight...but those bugs in there are critical to health/preventing disease. a few tweaks and you can nail that down too. probiotics/prebiotics are the ticket

Old 01-25-2024, 06:57 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Please ignore alt-med advice from strangers on the internet who refuse to stay in their alt-med forum and bring their nonsense out to mainstream med forums. The stuff in your stomach that breaks food down is hydrochloric acid. Wet-cell batteries use the same stuff, it'll blister your hands, destroy your clothes, and burn through rubber piping. A multi-vitamin or supplement isn't going to change that. If there's something /wrong/ with your "gut" then you will have symptoms, and your doctor will advise you of treatment options.

The only weight you will lose by "considering your gut/microbiome" and buying probiotics and prebiotics is the weight in your wallet when you pay for them.

Old 02-10-2024, 05:55 AM

Quick update… this morning I weighed in at 247 pounds. I’ve lost a total of 66 pounds in just over 4 months. I’m feeling great physically and mentally. Closing in on my goal of 225 fast, but have vacation coming up and I’m sure I’ll have my cheat days, . The size 40 jeans I bought about a month ago are starting to fit me a little baggy, so may need to buy new ones soon!! I’m excited!! Thanks everyone for the support on this thread!!

Old 02-10-2024, 07:50 AM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Good luck on your vacation. I was working out of town for 3 weeks last month and while my intentions were to stay as carnivore as possible, I just couldn't do it 100%. I packed some beef sticks and low carb protein bars for back up. You would think breakfasts would be easy, but what some hotels serve as eggs is just disgusting.

Old 02-10-2024, 08:20 AM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times
I've been on antibiotics many times, and can tell you the gut microbiome is real and it's worth keeping it healthy.

Hydrochloric acid gets the digestive process started in the stomach, but bacteria and fungi do their part in the intestines.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:41 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I've been on antibiotics many times, and can tell you the gut microbiome is real and it's worth keeping it healthy.

Hydrochloric acid gets the digestive process started in the stomach, but bacteria and fungi do their part in the intestines.
Yes, it's important to keep your gut healthy. But if your gut was UNhealthy, you'd know it, and your doctor would diagnose it, and you'd be treated for it.

Your body is designed, by nature, to process the food you eat. You don't need to "do" anything to help it do that, UNLESS something is actually wrong. If you eat enough fiber, protein, fats, and starches, your body will do everything it needs to do, without supplementing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss