Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:12 PM

371 posts, read 1,259,484 times

Advertisements

YEAH, MATHGUY!
I really want to believe that most people would NOT decide to be friends based on weight- come on! I guess they are out there though.
Kate- I stilll don't understand how you eat 700cals a day, but maintain a 300llb weight. It seems impossible. Actually that is hardly any cals at all!! Are you able to exercise at all- like maybe the pool aerobics or do you just dislike exercise ( a lot of people do ). Are you sure about your food intake choices being healthy? Being that weight, and in a wheelchair isn't good for your heart,your muscles, etc. I imagine you aren't physically comfortable either...anyway - good luck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 12:16 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,282,391 times
I cant afford to go to the pool. I cant walk to burn the cal. Yes I know what I eat..all healthy. 2 small meals a day.
This thread is not about me.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:54 AM

371 posts, read 1,259,484 times
You're right.
Stigma w/being overweight is still out there.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:20 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,058,275 times
and my guess is it will always remain out there forever

Old 07-28-2008, 11:38 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I cant afford to go to the pool. I cant walk to burn the cal. Yes I know what I eat..all healthy. 2 small meals a day.
This thread is not about me.
I believe you totally. Its VERY easy to gain weight when you are pre-diabetic.
700 calories a day kills your metabolism. You dont need to exercise to lose weight.
What exercise does is it uses all the calories you have eaten thus far so you can get to burning fat. So it makes weightloss easier. Its is more effective for males than females.
It is good for the metabolicly resistant too because they have the tendency to slow the metabolism faster than someone who doesnt have this issue.

Gallstones can be caused by low fat diets. I bet that was the coworkers issue. Veggie diets are usually naturally low fat.

I would switch doctors though or get a second opinion.
You may want to look into the medi-fast program with your doctor. Its for people that cant exercise and have a lot to lose. Maybe it will kick that pre-diabetic thing to the curb.
Its taken me awhile to lose because I couldnt exercise at first as my but had to be stuck in the chair too. I lose much faster when I do exercise even if the calorie defcit is the same.

Info on medifast:
Medifast Official Site | Quick, Easy Clinically Proven Weight Loss

Something everyone should read:
Bodybuilding.com - David Greenwalt - Living With Obesity At 700 Calories Per Day!
"Living With Obesity At 700 Calories Per Day!"

Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 PM

But on the subject..No its not over...I get treated totally differently being fat or thin.

Strange bit is that women are nicer when I am fat. Men are nicer when I am thin.

Someone is always going to be an ***hole to you for some reason anyway.
Get thin for personal health reasons. Not sociatal validation

Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I believe you totally. Its VERY easy to gain weight when you are pre-diabetic.
700 calories a day kills your metabolism. You dont need to exercise to lose weight.
What exercise does is it uses all the calories you have eaten thus far so you can get to burning fat. So it makes weightloss easier. Its is more effective for males than females.
It is good for the metabolicly resistant too because they have the tendency to slow the metabolism faster than someone who doesnt have this issue.

Gallstones can be caused by low fat diets. I bet that was the coworkers issue. Veggie diets are usually naturally low fat.

I would switch doctors though or get a second opinion.
You may want to look into the medi-fast program with your doctor. Its for people that cant exercise and have a lot to lose. Maybe it will kick that pre-diabetic thing to the curb.
Its taken me awhile to lose because I couldnt exercise at first as my but had to be stuck in the chair too. I lose much faster when I do exercise even if the calorie defcit is the same.

Info on medifast:
Medifast Official Site | Quick, Easy Clinically Proven Weight Loss

Something everyone should read:
Bodybuilding.com - David Greenwalt - Living With Obesity At 700 Calories Per Day!
"Living With Obesity At 700 Calories Per Day!"
For someone with this propblem I suggest you read about the Paleo diet. I have seen it work miracles. I'm headed in that direction myself, if I can just figure out how to convince myself to eat vegetables.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-29-2008, 12:08 AM

Can you eat pasta + sauce on that diet?

I like to make my pasta mainly veggies with some pasta.
Feels like you eat a ton too.

Another:

Asian flavored stir fry with all veggies

Old 07-29-2008, 09:23 AM

BEFORE You posted that information you should have read the whole thing...IT an ad For an over the counter Thyriod Pill!! My thyriod is fine & no I Dont bing!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:26 AM

If I ate what the other website suggests my Sugar & weight would Skyrocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss