Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 04:25 AM

15 posts, read 32,956 times

Advertisements

In order to lose fat, you need to give your body less energy (food) than it burns every day, as measured in calories.
This is known is creating a “calorie deficit.” No calorie deficit, no losing fat, period.You can create it by excercises, less eating or both.
Now, many “rapid weight loss” solutions call for severe calorie restrictions (eating very little every day and excercise too much). This is not the way to go, and can lead to metabolic damage. Instead, you want to put your body in a mild calorie deficit.
Specifically, you want to feed it about 20% less calories than it burns every day. By doing this, a you should be able to lose upwards of around 2 pounds per week while preserving your metabolic health, energy levels, mental balance, and mood.
So long as you hit your daily numbers, What you eat doesn’t matter when it comes to weight loss: HOW MUCH is the key. Meal timing and frequency is completely up to you. Eating more or fewer meals per day isn’t going to help or hinder your weight loss.
Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 04:31 PM

676 posts, read 530,658 times
It's especially tough once your through menopause. Not sure if that's the case here, but it sure is for me. It's an uphill battle where I'm constantly choosing between eating what I want and being fat or calorie restricting and being fit. Sometimes I wonder why I care to be fit. But, then I see how an unfit old person has to live and I usually redouble my efforts.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 1,279 times
First, CONGRATULATIONS on wanting to improve your life and lose the weight. The encouragement I can offer is just remember that the journey is going to take some time......but each day you will be getting a little closer to your goal.

One of the visualizations I like to share with my clients.......and this is just pure math. If you want to lose 100 pounds in one year you only have to lose 4.2 ounces every day........50 pounds is 2.1 ounces every day......25 sounds, just a little more than 1 ounce per day.

The other thing to keep in my that weight loss can really boil down to 4 words.......Eat Less.....Move More. So over time if all you really need to do is only put 3/4 of the same food on your plates that you used to do....and take a brisk 15-20 minute walk each day.

We are all here cheering you on.......it is soooooo doable!!!!!

Kris Carter

Old 01-13-2017, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,180 times
Default Helpful Tips to Consider on Your wellness journey!!

Congratulations on choosing to be a healthier YOU!.

Some key pointers that will help you on your wellness journey are essential and will be beneficial if you are consistent and will hold yourself accountable:

Eliminate sugar.
Don't waste your calories on beverages. Drink water and herbal tea only.
Drink 3 liters of water daily.
Drink a protein meal replacement like Natureal, especially if you are pressed for time in the morning or don't eat breakfast.
Reference a monthly meal prep calendar to help you with your produce list and use as a guide to keep you on schedule.
Eliminate gluten.
Minimize your dairy intake.
Eat fresh produce.
Eat organic poultry, meat, wild caught fish.
Utilize your treadmill, HIIT, yoga, domestic chores or activity that you enjoy for 3-5 times per week for 1 consistent hour.
Chew slowly.
Do not eat 3 hours before you rest.
Sleep at least 7 hours daily.
Use a journal to list your foods, exercise activities and progress.
DO NOT become obsessed with a scale. Instead, use a body tape measure weekly to gauge your progress.
Identify an accountability partner.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:48 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,581,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Tennessee,

I think it would help to stop any candy of any kind. Also forget the pizza and rice, the potato chips, and sweet tea.

Instead, bake some fish or chicken breast and eat it with baked butternut squash and maybe steamed brocolli. Salt and pepper only. No butter or oils.

If you are still hungry, have a little salad. It's not hard once you change your habits.

Honestly, I do not miss the butter or sugar or even cream in my coffee.
Sounds good minus the salt! Some people have hypertension, even those who are thin.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:58 AM

15 posts, read 32,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revert10.0 View Post

Some key pointers that will help you on your wellness journey are essential and will be beneficial if you are consistent and will hold yourself accountable:

Eliminate sugar.
Drink a protein meal replacement like Natureal, especially if you are pressed for time in the morning or don't eat breakfast.
Reference a monthly meal prep calendar to help you with your produce list and use as a guide to keep you on schedule.
Eliminate gluten.
Eat fresh produce.
Utilize your treadmill, HIIT, yoga, domestic chores or activity that you enjoy for 3-5 times per week for 1 consistent hour.
Chew slowly.
DO NOT become obsessed with a scale. Instead, use a body tape measure weekly to gauge your progress.

I( did tottally opposite also my pupils doing it different and get results.
You should for sure update your knowledge about Flexible dieting, IIFYM.

Cheers.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:31 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,855,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revert10.0 View Post

Eliminate sugar.
Eliminate gluten.
Eat fresh produce.
Chew slowly.
While your advice is good gluten has absolutely nothing to do with losing weight or being healthy. Its only if you have a sensitivity to it or celiacs. Not that many people have either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss