Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 379 times

Advertisements

We have a cockapoo who does this....she'll hide the bone under things & and if you walk towards it, shell growl showing her teeth....sometimes she'll lay next to where the bone is hidden...we had a cockapoo before this one, she never hid any bones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 05:51 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,318,815 times
My parents used to have a stasher. She hid her cookies -- knock-off Milkbones -- in the furniture. (My dad tends to dole them out rather generously, and Zoey liked getting them so would ask for them, but she didn't necessarily have the appetite to eat them when she got them. So she hid them in the furniture.)

When I would visit with my dog, Bandit, he would spend THE ENTIRE VISIT sniffing out all Zoey's hidden cookies. He always had his face buried in the cushions. And Zoey would stand behind him and just bark her head off, mad that he was eating her cookies (that she herself had no interest in eating).

My current boy is usually too food motivated to save his snacks for a rainy day, but every once in a while he's not in the mood to eat it just then, and will bury it...usually in the bed. And I'll come home from work to find that he has a bloody nose (from continuously scraping it against the bed linens, trying to bury the treat).

Old 08-08-2017, 10:36 AM

1,685 posts, read 3,958,766 times
My Charlie used to be a hoarder... everything went under his bed in his crate. His bed looked so uncomfortable - lumpy!! He even snuck into the bedroom and stole some of his sisters cat toys - which he still has. I'm not sure what make him stop - he has a toy basket now and will choose different toys from there. he still hides toys in the crevices of his bed and the armchair he sits in... I have to turn the bed inside out to make sure no surprises when I wash it and when I swap out the towels I place across his chair I always flip out a toy or two.

the funny thing - don't ever remember treats or food being hidden.... only toys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs