Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:51 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,338,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I'm single with a queensized bed and lots and lots of pillows. My beagle who has issures likes to sleep behind my pillow where she feels safe. She doesn't like being touched while sleeping and will bark at you..
My beagle doesn't sleep in bed anymore due to the fact that I don't want her hurting herself getting off the bed but she used to. She would wedge her chubby butt up against the sorest spot on my body, and that was where she wanted to sleep. And god forbid that you try to get her to move.

When my dogs were puppies, they all slept in the bed for a time. Then there was none of that puppy crying stuff. My female GSD would like to sleep in bed with me still, but not with my husband there (can't stand his feet, his coughs, his sneezing, and pretty much everything, for some weird reason). When my husband has been in the hospital, then she sleeps in bed with me. It is comforting.

My male GSD will sometimes join my husband in bed when he takes his naps but never stays more than an hour or so. He also does not like being touched when he is sleeping.

I have dog beds and old blankets from the thrift shop to supplement the padding, and the dogs all sleep regularly on my side of the bedroom, in their beds, on the floor.

And then there's the cat who sleeps wherever he wants to sleep of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 02:27 PM

973 posts, read 1,454,027 times
My Min Pin Digit used to sleep with me every night under a blanket. Even after I got married.. that little 9 pound sucker used to shove my wife over so he could lie between us. We were a pack. He died last year... I still miss him badly.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:04 PM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Our dog has her own bed, actually a few of them so she can lounge at will. We don't allow her on the furniture at all as the big thick nails and all that hair...........................

Old 02-11-2011, 06:24 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,318,815 times
I sleep with my dog (70-lb Siberian Husky). I'm single and have a queen-sized bed. I sleep on the right side, he sleeps on the left. BUT I have one inviolate rule: he's not allowed onto the bed until I've gotten in and gotten comfortable and have INVITED him up. If he gets on the bed before he's invited, I make him get off.

My parents are staying with me and they let their dog do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. And because Bandit is home with them for the 10 hours that I'm out of the house at work, he's picked up a couple naughty habits. So I have to remind him every once in a while that Mommy has different rules than Grandmommy...and Mommy's the boss. Period. End of story.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:34 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,013,069 times
2 of my 3 sleep with me. Both like to cuddle as close as possible. Nothing like 220lbs of dogs vying for maximum contact with their person in a full sized bed. By morning the dogs have the majority of the bed and I'm sleeping on a sliver.

They'll both get down and sleep on the floor with no complaints if I tell them to but they seem to enjoy the closeness so much I can rarely bring myself to do it.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times
In truth, I don't mind the sleeping on the bed half as much as I mind the 5 a.m. waking and pawing at the door, demanding to be taken for a morning walk and constitutional. Part of me wants to roll over and ignore it and break him of it, but it's always a tossup whether it's better to just get up and do the damned walk, or not do it, and get up an hour later and possibly have to clean up poop or pee, and definitely have to sweep up paint that's been clawed off the bedroom door.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:45 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,562,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
In truth, I don't mind the sleeping on the bed half as much as I mind the 5 a.m. waking and pawing at the door, demanding to be taken for a morning walk and constitutional. Part of me wants to roll over and ignore it and break him of it, but it's always a tossup whether it's better to just get up and do the damned walk, or not do it, and get up an hour later and possibly have to clean up poop or pee, and definitely have to sweep up paint that's been clawed off the bedroom door.
Yeah, that would be annoying! I am so glad my dogs don't wake me up early. They would let me sleep until noon if I felt like it, and even then I'd probably have to force them to get up. LOL

Old 02-12-2011, 12:16 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,967,762 times
When it's cold I'll let her slip in beside me in the recliner, but when it sleepytime, she has to head to one of her beds. I don't like staying in one position while I sleep and she wants to velcro to me.

Here she is stretched across the recliner.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:26 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times
Here is Willie, owning the bed. Note the smirk.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:17 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,629,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
The ferret yawn is too cute!
You should hear a ferret snore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
lol, im amazed you manage to sleep with ferts in the bed. mine were always obsessed with toes, it didnt matter where i was, sitting, in bed ect, they always wanted to play eat mommies toes lol
Theodora and Ginny will nip once in a while trying to get us up to play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs