Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,320 times

Advertisements

I have a 12 yr old male dachshund that has 2 very large (almost touching the ground now when he walks) fatty tumors and also has a few other little ones (one on he right side and one right on the left side of his back down by his tail. I had my vet whom i trust completely take a look them, and he said they are fine, not cancerous but NOW the tumors in his chest area are itching him like CRAZY! to the point, that he almost scratches that area until it bleeds ! I cant get in touch w/my vet today (its Sunday) but really don't want my poor little boy to scratch himself raw another day ! I thought about Baking Soda bath, but I don't see anyone suggesting this...? what do you think I can do to give him relief until the vet's office opens tomorrow?
As far as his diet: I cook chicken (boil it or saute it) and add veggies that he loves, and I do use flax seed oil and another liquid type joint supplement, or I take a Turkey breast and cook it in my slow cooker and then separate it in little baggies and freeze it for the upcoming weeks. But, he LOVES those chicken chewies ( I dont buy anything that has been made in China) for a treat, he wont eat anything else and assumes he will get one after he has his meals (I feed him 2 x's per day) I used to feed him the Blue kibble, but stopped that because he didnt seem to like kibble unless we were in my car on a trip to the store, etc. then he would nibble on it when we stopped to talk to the guard at our gate, or when I stop the car, then he loves it !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 05:11 PM

3,606 posts, read 9,077,063 times
Dogs can be given Children's Benadryl for allergies, you can google the correct dosage for his weight, it may help with the itchies until you can call the vet. A cold cloth might give him some relief also. Hope he feels better soon.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:49 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,276,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBestFriend55 View Post
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone would help me
I found a lump on the right side of my dog's chest right beneath her nipple.
She's a 9 year old pure breed shih tzu. She has been with my family for 8 years. the vet we had closed his business a few months ago and we have not yet found another one.

the lump feels like a cushion, its soft and moves a bit, its about an inch and a half long and an inch wide. some parts are harder, like peas. those portions are about the same size as peas, too.

she is behaving normally but it does hurt her a bit when the lump is pinched, though it doesn't seem to hurt if it is pushed on.

Any help would be appreciated.

I love her so much and I need to know what I can do to help her! Please help.
Obviously, take her to another Vet. Don't pinch her lump.

Suggestion.....find the section in this forum that is your geographic location, and ask for Vet recommendations.

Hate to say this, but it likely could be a tumor. My boxer got those at 9, and w had them removed....luckily they were not cancer. But, you owe to the dog to find out and get treatment. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs