Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:04 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,675,099 times

Advertisements

Don;t forget that companies can wash the CoO of ingredients. Chickens parts are bought from china and sent to the Phillipines where they are processed and shipped as meal to the US for pet foods. The China label will no longer appear because they have been processed into another commodity. This type of washing is very common especially when they can wash it through a country that consumers aren't worried about. Even the processed meal can be shipped to another "freindly" country and reprocessed (repackaged) into another commidity and sold with that country's CoO listed.

Almost 75% of all dog food sold in the USA has china ingredients in them in one form or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,662 times
My dog died today.
I gave her a Milos meatball and she swallowed it whole and it got stuck in the end of her esophagus.
Instead of dissolving it expanded. My dog was a maltese and weighed 13 lbs.
I called the company and told them and they seem to be willing to pay the vet bill for my dead dog which was $600.00. Surgery was $2000.00 + and no guarantee. RIP Bean. I will love you forever.
Delmonte/Milos...... no $$$ will ever make it right.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:13 AM

19,499 posts, read 9,528,287 times
My heart was breaking reading about your dog.
I'm astounded. I've given my dogs some of those meatballs even. Never knew it could do something like this to a dog. I've heard of food items getting lodged in the throat and all, but not that.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:23 AM

13,980 posts, read 25,942,367 times
Thank you for posting this info. I picked up a bag of the chicken jerky because I had a coupon to try it for free. My lab vomited several times after eating it. The rest went into the trash.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:05 PM

10 posts, read 35,782 times
Default Milo's Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Country of origin aside, the ingredients in this are crap and not worth a penny to buy! This is the meatball formula:

Chicken, Soy Grits, Beef, Sugar, Glycerine, Textured Vegetable Protein, Salt, Monoglyceride, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavor, Sorbic Acid (used as a preservative), BHA (used as a preservative), Onion Extract

It's all fillers and preservatives, no wonder dogs in this country have so many health issues. And onion extract? It's a cumulative toxin, meaning it will take some time to do damage but why take that chance? We make 100% of the treats our dogs consume, using human-grade ingredients. They love 'em, we know what goes into them, and they are made fresh every week.

That's probably why my dog (and another neighbor stray) vomited after eating this product! When I bought this, I didn't read the ingredients (I should have) since it's written in such fine prints and I am at the age where I need a pair of reading glasses. But I could read "100% real" wholesome & delicious No artificial flavors or colors (and pic of chicken breast). I have been very careful about checking ingredients ever since. You can't trust all these labels!

Old 09-04-2011, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,487 times
That's the reason I started using Milo's kitchen, my dogs love the sausage beef. I agree we must buy only America made.
My hat off to you, there are not many people buy only American! Bravo

Old 09-10-2011, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,466 times
Cool Milo's Kitchen Meatballs Dog Treats Have Made My Dog Sick, Too!! :(

I bought Milo's Kitchen Meatballs Dog Treats for my dog as well and he also threw up after eating them!! I also remember before a while ago I did buy him them Chicken Jerky treats from Milo's Kitchen and they made him sick too, he threw them up too! Now I did think maybe it wasn't because of those treats that he threw up, I gave Milo the benefit of the doubt, stupidly! Because, obviously I bought the brand again, but I thought maybe buying a different treat would be ok, but the same thing happened! He has eaten other treats and been fine, all be it those treats have never, to my knowledge been recalled at all. Those treats are Pedigree Marrow Bones, which are a real quality treat, for real, for real!! The other is Beef Liver dehydrated beef liver treats from Pro Treat, they are wonderful too, you can rest assured your dog will definitely not ever get sick from these actual good treats!! Like I was saying, he eats other treats and nothing, he ate those Meatballs and he threw them up, if you notice with those Milo's Kitchen "treats", they all smell exactly the same, I think because they all have exactly the same ingredients just used differently and colored differently, but the all do have the same contaminate!!
God Bless all of the animals in the world and may the all only consume things that are good and good for them!! Please watch what you feed your pets, try to make your own treats for them, buy chicken breasts and bake them chicken jerky or chicken strips, you'll know exactly what they are getting then!!
Good luck!!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:06 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,433,253 times
I got a package of the beef jerky once for my peke because I had a coupon.
He didn't like it that much and it was expensive so I didn't buy anymore...

Old 10-01-2011, 11:46 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,105,327 times
I haven't had any experience with Milo's products, but I did try the chicken and sweet potato jerky sold by Costco. My dog vomited two different times I gave her these treats, so I threw them in the garbage. I had bought some Kirkland Signature canned dog food at the same time. I called Costco and was told the Kirkland Signature product was made in Utah. They told me to bring the treats back for a refund. Checking later, I found the Kirkland Signature product has a pretty high rating compared to some other canned dog foods, so I will use it. I won't buy anything that has China on the label. Have you ever seen the video of how chickens are handled in China? In the video I saw, a bike rider goes around each morning to the poultry farms and picks up all the chickens that died during the night and takes them to a processing center where they are picked, gutted, and prepared for pet food. They are also probably used to feed unsuspecting hungry Chinese people. This video turns your stomach... I have info about Dog Food Analysis and Grading, message me if you would like to read it.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,277 times
are your chicken jerky dog treats making dogs sick?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs