Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 08:23 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,057,596 times

Advertisements

My dog loves the chicken balls~! He had them after he ate dinner tonight when we played ball. I don't buy anything made in China and I always make sure I read the packaging of everything I buy, including for myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar668 View Post
My dog died today.
I gave her a Milos meatball and she swallowed it whole and it got stuck in the end of her esophagus.
Instead of dissolving it expanded. My dog was a maltese and weighed 13 lbs.
I called the company and told them and they seem to be willing to pay the vet bill for my dead dog which was $600.00. Surgery was $2000.00 + and no guarantee. RIP Bean. I will love you forever.
Delmonte/Milos...... no $$$ will ever make it right.
I am so very sorry to hear about your dog I always cut my dog treats up for my Yorkshire Terrier and the only way he gets treats is when we play ball. It was really nice for the company to pay for your dog's situation, and that says a lot about the company.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 7,245 times
Default Chicken - not the only problem with Milo's -- BEWARE

I have two dogs that I thought would enjoy the Milo's Kitchen Beef treats. I fed them each one a day for three days and they were never out of my sight during that time. Both dogs became very ill and my schnauzer puppy (8 months) became very dehydrated with severe diarrhea. The vet didn't seem to believe me that this could have been the issue. Today I heard about the chicken recall and read that Milo's Kitchen has only chicken made in China. My package says made in USA but not where the beef has come from. I will NEVER EVER buy this product again and plan to continue posting on other sites and contacting the company. This is wrong and I am very lucky that my dogs have recovered -- after a very nasty illness which could have been prevented.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 7,061 times
Earlier today there was an link on MSN to an article about the FDA investigating chicken dog treats that were made in China. I seems that over 300 dogs have gotten sick, apparently from eating the Chinese chicken treats. The FDA has run chemical & microbiological tests, but has been unable to find any definitive cause. If you want yo be completely safe, don't feed your dog any Chinese Chicken treats. I also intend to contact about they're making the product in China. I also noticed they use radiation to sterilize their chicken treats. I'm not sure how their other products are sterilized. If you want to complain their phone # is 1-877-228-6493 M-F. or the website: [url=http://www.miloskitchen.com]Milo’s Kitchen® - Home-style Dog Treats[/url]

On another safety concern, make sure your dog does NOT eat anything with sugar substitutes in it. They trigger excess insulin release and the dog's blood sugar drops dramatically! Sometimes low enough that they die. Splenda, Equal, Sweet & Low, Truvia, anything containing Xylitol, Malitol, etc.

Werewolf481

Old 12-30-2011, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 7,044 times
I am SO mad. I have been giving my dogs Milo treats for a while now because they love them. Now I'm worried sick that I have been destroying their kidneys. I will be super cautious from here on in to read the fine print and make sure I NEVER buy anything made in China again.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 8,178 times
Default Search for Safe Treats

I too am very concerned about the safety of the treats I give my dog - It's so upsetting every time I read about someone's pet getting sick or worse. I always look for American made treats and always read the ingredients. If you do a search for American made dog treats or dog treats made in USA there is a lot of stuff that comes up.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:40 AM

2 posts, read 7,420 times
There is garlic in the meatballs... this can be fatal. Del Monte take out the garlic!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redact View Post
There is garlic in the meatballs... this can be fatal. Del Monte take out the garlic!!!

I didn't think garlic could harm a dog, only onions and chocolate.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:39 PM

1 posts, read 6,644 times
Milo's Kitchen is part of DelMonte. Their chicken jerky killed my little Lacy...a long haired chihuahua...barely 4 pounds~! 1 treat~!! And MANY other dogs have died~!! Other brands have also caused dogs to die & get sick. Please help save other dogs from dying. GOOGLE 'chicken jerky from China" for more info. The FDA has known this for a long time & done nothing!! Spread the word about deadly chicken jerky for dogs being sold.

[url]http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/901/169/744/[/url]

PLEASE sign this petition to ban the sale of deadly chicken jerky sold here, but made in China~!! And please SHARE this....

Old 02-22-2012, 06:44 PM

653 posts, read 947,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I had been buying packages of Milo's Kitchen dog pet treats - meatballs. However, I was surprised the other day when I just happened to flip the package of the chicken strips around to see that they were "made in China"

Then I started wondering if the company didn't switch locations and are now overseas. Until I went on the internet:

<H3>Where are Milo’s Kitchen™ products made?

Three of the Milo’s Kitchen™ varieties — Beef Jerky, Chicken Meatballs, and Beef Sausage Slices with Rice — are made in the U.S. The Chicken Jerky variety is made at a facility in China.
</H3>

Why can't they make the chicken jerky in the US too? I think I just got put off from purchasing any more from Milo's Kitchen regardless. I want to support the 'made in the USA' but it's not easy when the company thinks they can't be into it 100%.
In a huge pinch while traveling, we bought these (the meatballs and the chicken strips). Both kids got really sick. We stay far away from this brand now, even if we're traveling and it's the only option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs