Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:22 AM

19,503 posts, read 9,530,130 times

Advertisements

I had been buying packages of Milo's Kitchen dog pet treats - meatballs. However, I was surprised the other day when I just happened to flip the package of the chicken strips around to see that they were "made in China"

Then I started wondering if the company didn't switch locations and are now overseas. Until I went on the internet:

<H3>Where are Milo’s Kitchen™ products made?

Three of the Milo’s Kitchen™ varieties — Beef Jerky, Chicken Meatballs, and Beef Sausage Slices with Rice — are made in the U.S. The Chicken Jerky variety is made at a facility in China.
</H3>

Why can't they make the chicken jerky in the US too? I think I just got put off from purchasing any more from Milo's Kitchen regardless. I want to support the 'made in the USA' but it's not easy when the company thinks they can't be into it 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 04:02 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,687,874 times
Um, probably b/c it isn't chicken? Or b/c China exploits its workers, making everything that they export 100x cheaper than products made in the U.S.

Careful with those treats. I used to feed my dog the chicken strips--not sure what the brand was but I know that they were made in China--and she developed kidney disease, which actually happened to quite a few people's pets after feeding "chicken" dog treats made in China.

I don't buy any food product for my dog that says, "made in China."

Old 04-19-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Um, probably b/c it isn't chicken? Or b/c China exploits its workers, making everything that they export 100x cheaper than products made in the U.S.

Careful with those treats. I used to feed my dog the chicken strips--not sure what the brand was but I know that they were made in China--and she developed kidney disease, which actually happened to quite a few people's pets after feeding "chicken" dog treats made in China.

I don't buy any food product for my dog that says, "made in China."

I don't either. I should have said that I was at the store looking at the package of the chicken strips and flipped it over and was surprised to see that it had said, "Made in China", when the other products by the same company are actually made in the USA.

Still can't believe after all the previous scares involving products that are made in China that the pet stores still stock up on them and people buy them. Just wanted people to be aware that not all of Milo's Kitchen products bare the "Made in the USA" label.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I don't either. I should have said that I was at the store looking at the package of the chicken strips and flipped it over and was surprised to see that it had said, "Made in China", when the other products by the same company are actually made in the USA.

Still can't believe after all the previous scares involving products that are made in China that the pet stores still stock up on them and people buy them. Just wanted people to be aware that not all of Milo's Kitchen products bare the "Made in the USA" label.
For whatever reason, getting chicken-based dog food products from China is popular among dog food companies. Thank heavens you read the label and didn't just assume.

I don't blame the pet stores, I blame the FDA; they are the ones who are supposed to be monitoring the safety of products being brought into and/or sold in our country.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,892 times
[quote=StarlaJane;18783223] b/c China exploits its workers, making everything that they export 100x cheaper than products made in the U.S.
[quote]

I just want to say that it is American company that goes into China. And they find the cheapest supply and import them. The price difference is the PROFIT for American company, this is what driving the import. Among those imports, there are decent business transactions and not so decent one. Don't assume that Chinese made all the money. It is American who made most of money over these transactions. Chinese alone can't bring in meat and sell in USA (it is illegal!!).

Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I had been buying packages of Milo's Kitchen dog pet treats - meatballs. However, I was surprised the other day when I just happened to flip the package of the chicken strips around to see that they were "made in China"

Then I started wondering if the company didn't switch locations and are now overseas. Until I went on the internet:

<H3>Where are Milo’s Kitchen™ products made?

Three of the Milo’s Kitchen™ varieties — Beef Jerky, Chicken Meatballs, and Beef Sausage Slices with Rice — are made in the U.S. The Chicken Jerky variety is made at a facility in China.
</H3>

Why can't they make the chicken jerky in the US too? I think I just got put off from purchasing any more from Milo's Kitchen regardless. I want to support the 'made in the USA' but it's not easy when the company thinks they can't be into it 100%.
Why not make your own chicken jerky for your dog? You can do it in the oven or buy a dehydrator. Either way, you will know with absolute certainty where the treat is made! http://www.dogtreatkitchen.com/chick...og-treats.html

Old 04-19-2011, 06:28 PM

[quote=LingLing;18792891][quote=StarlaJane;18783223] b/c China exploits its workers, making everything that they export 100x cheaper than products made in the U.S.
Quote:

I just want to say that it is American company that goes into China. And they find the cheapest supply and import them. The price difference is the PROFIT for American company, this is what driving the import. Among those imports, there are decent business transactions and not so decent one. Don't assume that Chinese made all the money. It is American who made most of money over these transactions. Chinese alone can't bring in meat and sell in USA (it is illegal!!).
I'm not assuming anything. The product says, "Made in China," and whether China exports the product or it is imported by the U.S., it's the same thing. Moreover, I said that China exported the product, not that they came into the U.S. and sold the meat. And it is not the U.S. who makes the most over these transactions; there's a reason why China is becoming the richest country in the world.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:59 AM

1 posts, read 21,589 times
Thank you for that information! I have been buying Milo's Kitchen Treats recently because I saw that they were made in the USA. I am very disappointed in the company for continuing to use China for some varieties of their products.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
For whatever reason, getting chicken-based dog food products from China is popular among dog food companies. Thank heavens you read the label and didn't just assume.

I don't blame the pet stores, I blame the FDA; they are the ones who are supposed to be monitoring the safety of products being brought into and/or sold in our country.
The 1st time, no, I don't blame the stores. However, knowing that now, and continuing to sell. Yes, I do blame the stores.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:02 PM

10 posts, read 35,787 times
Default Milo's Kitchen treats

Did any of your dogs get sick after eating them? I gave one of the chicken meatball to my Greyhound late in the evening. Early next morning he vomited and there was the chunk of the meatball in it. It may be a coincident but there was another time I gave the meatball to a dog (she is sort of like a stray in this neighborhood) and immediately she vomited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs