Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 06:09 AM

4,587 posts, read 4,233,827 times

Advertisements

I am so glad to see the picture and the video. That sweet old dog just made me cry like a baby. Very touching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 12:41 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,348,551 times
and another story about this photo

Story behind viral photo of dog and owner - CBS News Video

Old 08-11-2012, 07:14 PM

809 posts, read 2,194,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
yea, it's nice to see him being so nice to his dog.
The only problem is with the alleged age of the dog.
a shepherd or a shepherd mix or any large dog is not going to live to 19yrold.
14 -15yr old sure but 19??

only small breeds live this long and the worlds oldest dog only lived to be 26
I worked in veterinary medicine at a VTH for many years before I became disabled. Your statement is not only misleading it is down right false. We treated several medium/large breed dogs that lived to this age and longer.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:37 PM

6,906 posts, read 11,300,996 times
Smile What a loving picture!

The bond between man (woman) and pet can be so strong.

What a wonderful owner! The comments have been so positive that we need more stories like this.

We have 2 wonderful Shelties. The big guy (oversized) is 53 pounds. He is 11 and all boy. He is clearly a man's dog. He and my husband (and our son) love each other, just cling to each other. If my husband goes outside, Murphy goes to the door and sits there waiting.

On the other hand, our female Sheltie (undersized) is 21 pounds. She is my girl. Follows me everywhere. Totally a dream dog, just the sweetest, kindest thing.

The two of them are best friends. When we're about to leave, they sit together. So glad we have two.

Even though they are now 11 and 7, we sometimes come home to the toilet paper across the living room. They each grab it and run.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:07 PM

588 posts, read 1,444,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post

I saw the photo on Facebook, and it brought a tear to my eye, but that video just made me outright cry. I am going to go rest with my sweet dog now, hug her, and pet her now. I am so grateful for these friends who make OUR lives so much better.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:11 PM

857 posts, read 2,224,073 times
I am so happy that this man loves his dog so much,he works with him and hasn't put him down.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:06 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,207,549 times
Nothing misleading or false about it.
Don't let your emoticons get the best of you.
The worlds oldest dog only lived to be 26 and it was a small dog.

Yes, it is very touching story,
I just wish it didn't start with a embellishment.
jmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by second right View Post
I worked in veterinary medicine at a VTH for many years before I became disabled. Your statement is not only misleading it is down right false. We treated several medium/large breed dogs that lived to this age and longer.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 AM

809 posts, read 2,194,376 times
Quote:

jmo
The 26 year old dog was the oldest KNOWN dog LIVING at the time (because record was submitted to Guinness) and died in 2011.

Prior to that, Guinness World Records say the most recent verified record for the oldest dog was held by Butch, a 28-year-old from America who died in 2003.

On topic, no matter what age the dog in the OP is, it's a beautiful love story between a man and his dog.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:27 AM

37,359 posts, read 41,600,072 times
Quote:

jmo
Why would the story need embellishment? A lie would be easy to disprove, since the dog came from a shelter.

Second right has personal experience with medical treatment of senior dogs in that age range. Again, do you have any reason to suspect that is a lie?

I look at my active 40 pound mixed breed and can easily envision several more years of her companionship, despite her diabetes, hypothyroidism, and cataracts.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:35 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,651,566 times
What embellishment?

Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs