Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:38 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times

Advertisements

Yup....SOoooo ugly

(my jasper boy, hairy hairless Chinese crested at about 12 weeks old)

same terribly ugly dog at about a year old...

and ruby my OTHER terribly terribly ugly Chinese crested

yup yup...ugly and she knows it

that's what a well bred well cared for Chinese crested looks like...the cresties that win the ugly dog contests are typically rescues form bad breeders/puppymil situations and abuse cases...they are missing most of their teeth due to bad breeding practices (the breed has primitive mouth/shallow teeth so its important to breed for good teeth) so their tounges hang out, most have bad skin due to bad genetics, and scaring and sun damage just like people get thanks to lack of maintence...

now ill be the first to admit little ugly dog winner Elwood is NOT the prettiest face ont he page

(elwood the Chinese crested x Chihuahua (and im pretty certain theres pug in there too) ugly dog contest winner)
BUT he came from a breeder who bred a mixed breed on purpose then wanted to "get rid of him" when he was deamed "too ugly to sell" thankfully for him someone saw through his unique look fell inlvoe and he was properly spoilt until he died at age 8 (more proof that the breeder was a one of lackin morals as both chihuhahuas and Chinese crested commonly live into their 20's)

like I said my breed is one of love...a well bred Chinese crested is stunning, they remind me of small draft horses and to watch them run is something stunning, they have the extension of a sighthound with the flow of hair...its fantastic...
but bad breeding and neglect cause serious issues...and Chinese crested being hairless age like people doo, they get spots and wrinkels and sun damage, they loose their teeth...
I will say though...
these are not dogs...they are Aliens! lol.

personally if given the choise of a chiense cested and a lab....ill tell you the crested is more beautiful every time not only because I do think they are stunning but because I prefer the temperament of the crestie...

and I thiknk that can be said for all dogs...and people...the "prettiest" face can be worthless if the inside is ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 12:41 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
^^ There you go. Beauty is only skin deep. Foxy's dogs, whose pics she has posted before, were what taught me that Chinese Crested aren't ugly, as I see many people besides me believe also. But I've always thought the homely ones were probably sweet dogs too. No ugly dogs! Now, spending the last 5 years around so many pitties has made me melt for the pretty smile, but dogs of almost all breeds and mixes are cute or beautiful to me. The very few that are homely are as worthy as any of the rest.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:03 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Chihuahuas are the BEST! I hate the stereotypes, because they are not all hyper and biters, etc. I have 2 and my boy is the most mellow, most "chill" dog you will ever meet. He's happy to just hang out with you. My girl is a bit more active, but when it comes down to it, they both just want to snuggle.

My boy, Diablo, was photographed this weekend and ended up on the abcnews page

A Chihuahua named Diablo wears a Mexican sombrero during the Chihuahua races held for the Si Se Puede Foundation's Cinco de Mayo Festival in Chandler, Ariz. on May 3, 2014

They both love the car

Old 05-07-2014, 03:28 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,238,102 times
Elwood is possibly the ugliest example of human intervention I've seen but he isn't ugly, although that is a lousy photo.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:21 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
I have never met an ugly dog. I have met a lot of very, very ugly owners (personality wise).

I met a few last weekend during a NAVDHA testing event. Very unkind owners, and very mean to their dogs when they didn't perform to their satisfaction.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:41 PM

123 posts, read 181,542 times
I have a Bichon. She is cute, very intelligent, trainable, obedient and best of all affectionate! I was told when I was thinking about purchasing her when she was 6 weeks old that I would not regret it and I never did. I have had her for 11 years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs