Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:37 AM

234 posts, read 327,784 times

Advertisements

My husband wanted a dog so bad and got one (doberman), he is 6 months old. All these 4 months that we have the dog I am the one who have to do everything! I walk and play with him every day, he has much higher energy level than I do, Im tired of running/walking with him, playing fetch (he destroyes all the tennis balls or lose it), he destroyed a few pairs of my shoes (but i let it go already). He also shed like crazy! Every time he gets back from outside he brings dirt on his paws so the house needs to be cleaned a few times a day or the floor gets disgusting. I feel sorry for the dog because he annoys me and deserves a better owner than me. My husband doesn't care, he never goes to walk with the dog and just plays video games, saying its fine the dog is fine. I don't understand why do I have to take care of the dog if I didnt even want to have one in the first place! He needs serious training because he is horrible on the leash, needs all kind of training and I have no patience. I say lets find this dog a better home, and my husband says the dog is fine. Im seriously tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 10:50 AM

32,635 posts, read 47,995,345 times
That's why parents won't let the lids get a pet.

Tell your self centered husband that you have fed and walked the dog for the last time. Remind him a couple of times that the dog hasn't been fed and then stop nagging. The dog will tell him that the dog hasn't been fed.

Fence off whatever room the dog enters so that dirt is confined to one area . Insist that the husband clean that room on his day off.

Your husband doesn't have to take care of the dog because if he leaves it long enough you will do it for him. Your only solution, if you don't want to take care of the dog is to stop taking care of the dog.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:53 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
you need to get rid of the dog, you are doing the dog more harm then good...he can sense your resentment for him and it will indeed cause him to be unstable eventually....he needs a good home where people do not resent him. Call a doberman dog rescue and secure a safe and happy home for him immediately.

your husband is very self appointed.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:47 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,758,550 times
My heart goes out to you and the dog. It's not fair to either one of you. Please find a good home for the puppy immediately and buy your husband a stuffed doberman. Please do not stop taking care of the dog. It's an innocent creature and shouldn't suffer due to your husband's selfishness and immaturity. Thank you for for stepping up to care for the puppy.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:10 PM

811 posts, read 1,556,275 times
Your husband sounds like the type that may just try and wait you out if you stop taking care of the dog so PLEASE don't do that. Bad advice there as its the dog that will suffer. Try and find a doberman rescue ASAP and explain that the dog is not being looked after properly by its owner (your husband) and you can't cope any more. No shame there at all. You have done your best but it isn't fair to you and certainly not the poor dog. This is what creates problem dogs, through no fault of their own.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:21 PM

30,506 posts, read 16,206,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
My heart goes out to you and the dog. It's not fair to either one of you. Please find a good home for the puppy immediately and buy your husband a stuffed doberman. Please do not stop taking care of the dog. It's an innocent creature and shouldn't suffer due to your husband's selfishness and immaturity. Thank you for for stepping up to care for the puppy.
or keep the dog and get rid of your husband.
(the dog will grow up)

just a thought.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:23 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,374,594 times
Find a Doberman Rescue in your area and surrender the dog:

DPCA Doberman Rescue

Old 10-14-2014, 02:32 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,420,607 times
I had to laugh at oregonwoodsmoke's comment about not letting kids get a pet, but this is sad for the dog. Contact the doberman rescues. Tell your husband you are finished doing all this, in no uncertain terms. Tell him you're looking for people who can find him the home he deserves, on the very slight chance he'll step up if he knows you're serious about this.

And it's none of my business, but if you hope to have kids one day, don't count on him helping out any more with them than he is with the dog. He might say, oh that would be different, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:53 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,282,391 times
Your husband is to selfish & self centered ... Call a rescue for the dog & IF it was me I kick him out too! As another said IF you have kids You be the one doing all the work raising them!

Old 10-14-2014, 03:00 PM

9,875 posts, read 14,118,571 times
I agree with all of the posters, both about re-homing the dog and about your husband being selfish.

What I don't understand is how you didn't know this about your husband before? I can't imagine this is the first time you've seen this self-centered behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs