Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 12:46 PM

12 posts, read 19,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

try a chill pill or something.....
Nah... a good shovel and away it goes against the homeowners house. I have followed people back to their house and deposited WHAT IS THEIRS back onto THEIR property.

chill pill. Its so easy to say crap like that when it doesnt happen to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 01:15 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,053,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MailFetch View Post
Nah... a good shovel and away it goes against the homeowners house. I have followed people back to their house and deposited WHAT IS THEIRS back onto THEIR property.

chill pill. Its so easy to say crap like that when it doesnt happen to you.
did you NOT read the rest of my post that you quoted??

and really?? you think it DOESN'T happen to me?? i am a homeowner with front and rear yards, too.....

my backyard backs up to pretty dense woods, so i imagine i have squirrel/deer//rabbit/raccoon/possum/coyote/chipmunk/skunk, etc. etc. etc. poop in the areas that are not fenced for my dogs.... somehow, it just doesn't seem worth blowing a gasket and making a spectacle of myself over.....

i just think there are things in life that are worth getting apoplectic over... the rest, not so much....

Old 04-07-2011, 03:11 PM

3,751 posts, read 12,419,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
did you NOT read the rest of my post that you quoted??

and really?? you think it DOESN'T happen to me?? i am a homeowner with front and rear yards, too.....

my backyard backs up to pretty dense woods, so i imagine i have squirrel/deer//rabbit/raccoon/possum/coyote/chipmunk/skunk, etc. etc. etc. poop in the areas that are not fenced for my dogs.... somehow, it just doesn't seem worth blowing a gasket and making a spectacle of myself over.....

i just think there are things in life that are worth getting apoplectic over... the rest, not so much....
Sometimes you can get accused of making terroristic threats when you try to stand you ground to forcefully......

Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,053,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Sometimes you can get accused of making terroristic threats when you try to stand you ground to forcefully......

oh yeah... forgot about that.... especially when you are wearing all purple....

Old 04-07-2011, 05:38 PM

80 posts, read 151,646 times
This is an old thread, but it's pretty entertaining. I had no idea people got so worked up about dog urine....

I have two dogs, but I'm lucky enough to live about 5 houses down from the trailhead, so I don't have to worry about offending anyone with my dogs peeing on someones lawn. They save it for the trailhead. I would never let them poop on someones lawn though, just because I know people don't like it. I have poop bags attached to the leash, in case they want to do their business while we're on the trail. One thing I dont like is when people pick up dog poop, bag it, then sit the back down on the side of the trail/sidewalk. Might as well just not bag it because it would decompose must faster. Sitting a tied plastic bag down on the ground with poop in it is bad.

I have no problem with my neighbors walking their dogs and letting them pee/poop in my yard, as long as they are not traipsing through my plants and destroying them (a dog doesn't have to be trespassing to hike his leg on the lawn, or move his butt over the edge of the sidewalk) and as long as they pick up their poop. I don't really have a problem where I live. I bought my house 4 months ago and I've only found one poop pile in the front and it couldn't been from someones cat or wildlife. It's a xeriscaped front yard, so the rocks probably aren't attractive to most dogs for pooping. My last house was in the middle of nowhere, and I'm wasn't going to get all worked up about dogs, when I had mtn. lions and badgers pooping in my yard. Sometimes people can rush out of the house and forget bags also, so I'm not going to get upset if I see someone's dog pooping one time in my front yard w/o bagging it. I might say something, but I'll be polite about it. A repeat offender would be different though. That's just laziness. Haven't ran across any of those, but maybe I just don't pay enough attention.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:29 AM

88 posts, read 236,968 times
In our area, there is a law concerning picking up dog waste. Only once have I noticed an owner let her dog defecate on our private property. My dog was barking at her. I asked & offered her a baggy to pick it up which she did. I never saw her & dog again.

I don't have a problem with dogs urinating but I don't want to have to step in or clean up other peoples dog poop nor cat poop either as not all cats bury it.

My feeling is that If people have animals, they should keep them on their own private property & clean up after them or just not have them at all.

I drive to & walk my dogs in a park rather than around our neighborhood. All dog walkers there are responsible and pick up after their animals.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:09 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,484,217 times
Wow after reading most of the thread's posts, I think I need a lesson in dog walking before adopting my dog haha.

I plan on picking up my dog's poop, but does a dog urinating on someone's yard really **** people off that badly? I had no idea. When I move to my new apartment I will look into being walking distance from a park, but if I'm not, many of my dog's walks will probably be through subdivisions and maybe town areas. If I walk my dog through a town area and he/she pees on the sidewalk near a business, is that also considered a no-no? haha it seems like I might have lots to learn.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:53 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,375,523 times
Glad I don't have this problem...my "front yard" If you look very carefully on the right side of the photo you will see a sliver of grey and that is the road that runs in front of my property. This pano shot shows only a portion of my front yard.

Last edited by ReturningWest; 04-09-2011 at 06:04 AM..

Old 04-09-2011, 07:50 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,447,356 times
Coolsocks, I've never had someone go off about pee in all my decades of walking dogs. I never let them pee on flowers (or step on them obviously) because the nitrogen can kill them. If someone has an immaculate lawn they obviously put tons of effort into, I keep them off it. I've never worried about the average so-so lawn, and never gotten bad responses from anyone, but after seeing earlier posts here, if I ever get so much as a hint of displeasure from anyone, I'm steering clear of that yard. Poop of course is another story. You just plain have to pick that up. As far as businesses in the city go, I'd say keep them away from doors, tables for outdoor dining, anything like that and you should be fine. I really think it's a vocal minority that gets SO worked up about dog pee.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:12 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,484,217 times
^ Good to know, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs