Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:39 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,726,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonite View Post
If you can't control your pet, then perhaps you should invest in a little training because the pet is obviously pulling you on to the lawns. The problem with your mindset is that you are not the only isolated person who thinks this way, therefore, there is more than one of you doing the same thing (Get it now?).
By the way, yes, I am a pet owner, I'm 5'3" and I control my dog (and he's not some little lapdog). Since you folks seem to be so forgiving, why not post your addresses. I'm sure all of us moronic homeowners would love to take our dogs out for a walk.
You are more than welcome to bring your dog to pee in my yard and play with my GSD!! PM me for the address! Stormy loves to play with other dogs tons and we have plenty of land for them to play and we can drink lattes together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 06:46 PM

653 posts, read 1,234,031 times
lay down some lye on the lawn, let ole bowser get some burns on his toe-sies

Old 09-15-2009, 06:49 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,726,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainelander View Post
lay down some lye on the lawn, let ole bowser get some burns on his toe-sies
I don't think you will find that people are for animal torture in the pet forum mainelander

Old 09-16-2009, 06:40 PM

653 posts, read 1,234,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I don't think you will find that people are for animal torture in the pet forum mainelander
actually not everyone that likes THEIR pets cares at all for other peoples pets. i like my house, that doesn't mean i am overly concerned if yours gets termites.

i DO see however that its okay to make disparaging remarks about people that don't love dogs for instance.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:24 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,712,672 times
gee, i can't believe a forum full of dog lovers would have a problem with people who don't love dogs, or suggest hurting dogs. who woulda thunk?

i try to avoid letting my dog pee on people's lawns - i just think that's considerate. some people mind, some people don't mind, but it's their lawns so i don't get to decide if a dog pees on them. i steer her to public lawns, the strip of grass between the sidewalk & road, etc. i don't always succeed, but i try!

near my house there is a lady who hates dogs and yells at everyone who walks by with one. i walk my dog on the other side of the road, which is just a couple of blocks of fence at the back of some commercial buildings' back lawns, and so do most people. one day neighborhood kids told me to be careful because she spread rat poison all along that stretch. i just don't walk my dog on that block anymore.

Last edited by groar; 09-17-2009 at 09:35 AM..

Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 AM

1,480 posts, read 3,958,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruscurves View Post
i can control my dog. My darling told me that you can do a google search and there are ways to make dogs not pee on your lawn. You can invest in a motion sensor sprinkler that when a dog or human walks on it they are blasted with water. If it's that bad of a problem, then maybe you should find some alternatives to fix the problem. Obviously a sign doesn't work. You can even change the type of fertilizer you use and it would prevent the "burn marks" you get. Rather than protest everyone change their ways, do something to protect your yard.
amen!!:d

I usually walk my dogs in the alley when we lived in town .. and I was careful about whos yard as well .. I hated it when other folks would let thier dog do its thing on my yard so yep I LOVED the motion activetaed sprinckler idea !.. Its just simple respect and unfortinally to many folks dont have a clue about doing things respectfully when it comes to pets on a leash ..

Old 07-23-2010, 10:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,548 times
okay, so i have no problem with dogs relieving themselves on my lawn whether it be pee or poop. honestly, it helps my lawn so i really dont care. i actually have a dog of my own, and when i get told to pick up my own dogs poop, i get VERY ANGRY. i mean these are dogs, my pets, or family to me why should i have to pick up my family's poop?! thats REALLY GROSS. seriously people IT HELPS YOUR LAWN!!! i would honestly get the ticket instead of cleaning after my family member. and people who are rebelling against dogs pooping on their lawns,, seriously GET A LIFE!!UGHHH!!!!https://pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

Old 07-23-2010, 11:38 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,712,672 times
um, dog poop is NOT good for lawns. the feces of carnivores & omnivores does not make good fertilizer. in fact it is actually bad for lawns. the only poop that makes good fertilizer without being composted first is poop from herbivores like cows, rabbits and horses. in fact i think even cow & horse manure have to be composted before they make good fertilizers, although i'm not positive about that.

would you feel the same way about changing your baby's diaper? or would you just toss them on public and private property and scream about how you shouldn't have to clean up after your family? hell, you can apply that to any mess that kids make. the fact that the mess is made by a family member who can't clean up after themselves makes it your responsibility, it doesn't absolve you of responsibility.

it's perfectly reasonable for people not to want to step in, look at, or smell your dog's poop. yes, picking up poop is gross. so is stepping in it. so is picking up poop that someone else's dog left on your lawn. do what you like on your own property, it's your own business if you like your yard to be a stinky minefield of feces. but have some respect for other people when you are out and about. cow manure does make good fertilizer, but most people would still be pretty annoyed if someone left a cow patty on their lawn without permission.

and i hope you're for real, cause i don't like to think that i wasted all that time typing this reply.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:17 AM

30,443 posts, read 52,125,636 times
I live in the city, so basically ALL greenery is "somebody's lawn" - or everybody's lawn, in the case of the place where I live now (with a shared courtyard). I see no problem with letting your dog do his business, as long as you remove the feces. If I'm not mistaken that's a law in most states anyway, and I do my best to oblige. As for pee, where else are they supposed to go? We live in a concrete jungle, so it's either the bushes in front of a home (few people have actual lawns) or the sidewalk. I don't know about you, but I think the sidewalk would be much more disturbing. You really wanna walk through my dog's urine?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:20 AM

30,443 posts, read 52,125,636 times
P.S. Just noticed how old the thread is... how did this get dragged up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs