Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,294,016 times

Advertisements

I did the same thing when we lived in a subdivision. Don't have to worry about that anymore.

Neighbors dog pee's on every plant, flower, tree, blade of grass in our front yard.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 05:42 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,828,786 times
I'm about as concerned about dog pee on my lawn (from my dog or others) as I am about birds crapping from my trees.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:01 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,448,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
I am a dog lover! I love all doggies...mine and my neighbors!

But I do not want dogs peeing on my yard! It destroys the lawn. And it really doesn't matter whether you think it's unreasonable or not. It's my yard.

We take our dogs out on a lease. I pick up poop. And I pour water on the area where they pee. Plus, our dogs take a supplement that makes their urine less acidic.
ITA. What is the name of the supplement? Because my dog definitely has "death pee." When she pees on my lawn, that spot of grass is guaranteed to die.

As for poop, people should pick up after their dogs, period. Some dog pooping in my yard isn't a mortal sin, but the owner should pick it up.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:20 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,098,358 times
You sound like a miserable old person, give me a break. What about the squirrels and rabbits, better shoot them off your property before they damage your lawn. Its a shame that not all animals know how to use a toilet and sewer system like we do.

I completely understand people picking up their dog sht, but complaining over it and urine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonite View Post
I have a simple question: What is wrong with these people who allow their dogs to use the restroom on the lawns of people's homes???

Many folks have been seen walking their dogs and allowing them to deficate/urinate on lawns. As a community, we should all try to look out for one another, afterall, don't we all pay the HOA to help maintain the beauty of our community? So, why not call attention to those you see on a neighbor's lawn? (even if it isn't someone you know). People around here spend time and money to enhance the beauty of theirs lawns and I'm quite certain, they are not doing so for the purpose of creating a cushy dog waste zone.
I recently saw a home w/a sign posted that asked people not to let their dogs use the restroom on their lawn (they had a pile of poop near the sign). Again, what is wrong with these people and why aren't they using their own yards or even better, taking their pet on a lengthy walk near the dog waste pickup stations? It's good exercise!

Old 10-29-2010, 08:22 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,898,662 times
Quote:
ITA. What is the name of the supplement? Because my dog definitely has "death pee." When she pees on my lawn, that spot of grass is guaranteed to die.
It's called "Green Grass" by Nutri-Vet. But I think there are other brands that do the same thing. It neutralizes the pH in urine. Ask your vet because there are some dogs that shouldn't take it...I think for some reason Dalmatians aren't supposed to use it. And dogs with certain health problems can't take it. Our vet said it was safe for our dog, but you might want to double check with yours.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:06 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,448,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
It's called "Green Grass" by Nutri-Vet. But I think there are other brands that do the same thing. It neutralizes the pH in urine. Ask your vet because there are some dogs that shouldn't take it...I think for some reason Dalmatians aren't supposed to use it. And dogs with certain health problems can't take it. Our vet said it was safe for our dog, but you might want to double check with yours.
Thanks! I'll make that call.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:53 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,334,498 times
Maybe the problem is that a dog is not appropriate in highly urban situations?

We don't pick up after our dog nor does anyone else. And compared to the horse dong who would notice? We have no sidewalks and walk the dog on the soft shoulder. This particular one is leashed as he is a runner and we have not yet got him trained to behave properly. His predecessor however was never on a leash. Our dog ordnance requires that a dog be under control...not on a leash.

Cats here move freely and are generally considered desirable as they keep the rodents under control. Our Maine Coon and our dog hunt the back yard together..the cat goes through the bushes and the dog patrols the boundary...anything the cat spooks is in trouble as it hits the opening. Unfortunately both bring the catch home.

Interestingly enough the cat comes in to use its litter box...

Old 10-30-2010, 06:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,634,538 times
I don't think folks worry TOO much about dog poop around here - because there are SO MANY geese.

Geese poop everywhere! The city does a pretty good job of trying to keep the sidewalks cleaned up; but, whew; gotta watch where you walk on most days.

Lucy, of course, likes it just a little too much.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:07 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,165,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't think folks worry TOO much about dog poop around here - because there are SO MANY geese.

Geese poop everywhere! The city does a pretty good job of trying to keep the sidewalks cleaned up; but, whew; gotta watch where you walk on most days.

Lucy, of course, likes it just a little too much.
Do you have a pond nearby Ringo1?
I've got one but I guess I'm far away enough that they (ducks and geese) don't sit on my lawn! I've caught glimpses of some as far as two blocks! To make it even more pleasant, they've got this entitled look on their face when they're mooching on somebody's lawn!

Old 10-31-2010, 09:02 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,634,538 times
Yes, there are tons of 'lakes' around here. Actually they are ponds but every neighborhood is named "Lake This or That" because it sounds better, I guess, than "Pond This or That".

Geese everywhere. You are required to stop for them when they cross the road (takes forever); so perhaps that's where they get their look of entitlement?

They are not on my street either. But we have a beatiful park and pond across the street and it looks so lovely to actually walk around the lake/pond. But when you actually do it; it's not so lovely because of all the geese crap. WHICH Lucy thinks was placed there just for her dining enjoyment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs