Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:28 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_c_s View Post
I think I'll head to a shelter ~3 hours from here and just say I found her on a street nearby.!
I have sent you a DM. If you have to do this, make sure it is a good no kill shelter and call regularly to check on her. Good luck!!!

Last edited by LingLing; 09-18-2009 at 07:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 07:52 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
So glad the dog has the OP and such concern. I hope the OP is able to place the dog happily. I honestly believe her father should take the gal- he obviously has a "dog-shaped" place in his heart, this is clearly a dog of the heart.
Thank you so much for everyone being willing/able to help. I gather the OP is a college student? If so, please DM me if you need some financial assistance in rescuing this dog.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:52 AM

295 posts, read 1,213,267 times
Katie,
Find out for sure if she is chipped - the vet's office where you used to work will be able to scan her for a chip. If she is chipped and you end up taking her to a shelter (or if your dad takes her and she later gets lost & picked up by AC or another good heart like you), they will scan the chip & contact the person who registered the chip, which may be the abusive jerk. If she isn't chipped, she's now on the road to soaring through the sun on her way to LIFE because of you. GOOD JOB!

More importantly, if she isn't chipped now, YOU can chip her & register the chip in your name. Then you will be contacted as her "owner" if she's ever picked up/lost in the future.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:21 AM

125 posts, read 212,921 times
I would suggest check with your friends/co-workers and see if any of them would take the dog.
This way you would not get into trouble with the previous butt-hole, ( I mean owner) and you could check out the person prior to giving the dog to them.
Either way it is going to take alot of time and effort on someone's part to get the dog to trust again.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:00 AM

46 posts, read 171,292 times
Good news everyone!! My dad did decide to help this poor baby and adopt her. She is now an official member of our family! He said he is willing to "stretch the truth" slightly and say he found her out by our ranch with no tags, hungry, and in distress. And since he was thinking about getting another dog, he just decided to keep her.

I am just so unbelievably grateful to all of you who were willing to go so far and help this wonderful dog. You have restored my faith in humanity! I am so happy there are people out there who care for animals as much as I do. I had several private messages from folks willing to help financially or any way possible.

Thanks to all of you again and I hope someday I can meet you and thank you face to face. Really, you are wonderful people and I just can't express how amazing you have made me feel. I hope someday I can help someone the way you all have helped me.

Katie

Old 09-19-2009, 10:05 AM

259 posts, read 732,099 times
i was just going to come in here and suggest finding someone to take her so she can have a good life but i read your last post and great news!!! wonderful! so not only does this great little dog get to have the life she deserves but your dad gets to love her up!!

that little doggie knew what she was doing when she found you!

Old 09-19-2009, 10:47 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
Katie,

I'm so pleased your dad is keeping her. Won't you be sure to keep us updated as to how she does over time with your dads love and care? It's wonderful to know she's in good hands and will have a happy life. So many aren't as fortunate.

I can't wait to hear how she's adjusting and letting her guard down after awhile. I'm sure she'll turn out to be the most amazing dog ever!!!

I just love happy endings!!!!! Kudos to you for your care and determination to do the right thing by her!!!! She was blessed to have you in her life and you were too. Congratulations!!!!!

Old 09-19-2009, 10:58 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Katie we are so glad we helped and please let us know how her and your dad are doing . I hope that arsehole that was her previous owner never comes into her life again . God bless all involved .

Old 09-19-2009, 11:08 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,180,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_c_s View Post
Good news everyone!! My dad did decide to help this poor baby and adopt her. She is now an official member of our family! He said he is willing to "stretch the truth" slightly and say he found her out by our ranch with no tags, hungry, and in distress. And since he was thinking about getting another dog, he just decided to keep her.
That is awesome!

Old 09-19-2009, 01:33 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
YAAAAAAYYYY.... doin' a happy dance for the pupper and your dad....

but to be on the safe side, i would still try to have her scanned for a chip, discreetly or on the side..... just to see if there even is one..... if you can find someone (maybe the vet's office where you used to work?) .... would hate for your dad to take her in for shots or something and tell his story and they scan her and find a chip and she is returned to the butthead jerk.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs