Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 03:56 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times

Advertisements

do you have any friends that run a dog rescue ? if not contact a rescue and let them know the sittuation and and maybe they can get her to a good home on the east coast . take her to the east coast cause if she is anywhere near him they will contact him and he will get her back . I wish I could take her but I am moving again and then again next yr for my job . I have little dogs so they are used to be transported all over the place . I wish you luck and please let us know how it turned out .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 03:56 PM

102 posts, read 539,557 times
latetotheparty... lol, I had to answer the door while I was typing so missed your post. sorry!

Old 09-17-2009, 03:58 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
ha!! i just came in here and saw our similar posts myself....

one other possible hitch would be if the dog is microchipped......

Old 09-17-2009, 04:02 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,670,441 times
It might be worth a chance to contact Best Friends Animal Shelter and tell them what you've told us. I know they transport dogs and they have a shelter in Utah. Hopefully some of our posters who do rescues will chime in soon.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:22 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
Most groups will check for the chip and return her to the owner. I hate that, but it's a fact oflife. They ahve to follow the law.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:41 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,448,721 times
My guess would be, if he beats the dog with regularity, he's way too cheap to have bothered getting the dog chipped. Unless he got it from a rescue shelter initially?? What a turd. I'd like to see HIM get beat with some regularity!!!

I really wish I could take her for you, but I've got two 12 year old Corgi/mixes and I don't know how that breed would fit in with these two. I could foster her for you, but we'd have to find a way to get her here to Cape Cod. I would drive some distance to help with a transport. Let me know, okay?

I really just abhor animal cruelty in any fashion. These animals trust and love with total wild abandon and it takes a real POS to harm an animal imo, albeit cats, dogs, horses, etc. I am old enough to know though, you just can't fix stupid.

Also, I would contact my vet here who regularly rehomes greyhounds from racetrack situations, so I'm sure they'd offer me some guidance on placement for her. The other side of the country might just be far enough away!!!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:50 PM

220 posts, read 991,293 times
I'd check to see if she has a chip, if she's chipless I would drive her to a Humane Society in Denver; or some other humane society 3-4 hours away. If she was chipped I would change the info, and then drop her off at the humane society a few hours away.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:08 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
katie , I am sending you a DM. There is a rescue group in your area that you should contact soon.

PS: Toss up here. I'm in Oregon, so either side of the country would be just great, wouldn't it ~

Old 09-17-2009, 09:17 PM

46 posts, read 171,327 times
Wow, thank you guys for all the help. I knew this was a good place to ask for help. My dad just put down his 16 yr old ranch dog, and he's considering taking her and just saying he found her by our ranch with no collar or tags, which is partly true because she didn't have any collar or ids. I'm sure she's not microchipped because I worked at the vets office that does it here in town. He's a little unsure because he's still hurting, but he's thinking about it tonight.

I'll let you know what ends up happening. If my dad decides that he really can't take her, I think I'll head to a shelter ~3 hours from here and just say I found her on a street nearby. She's so grateful to be here; and I hate the thought of leaving her at a shelter, but any shelter is better than that ***hole's house. I know she will be adopted quickly.

I wish I could drive out and meet CoastalMaine if I could, but I have to be back in school tomorrow, so I simply don't have the time. What an amazing offer though, really.

I really appreciate your support and suggestions during this difficult time. It's really comforting to know there are people out there that care as much about animals as I do. Thanks again and if any of you are ever in Colorado, please look me up and I will buy you dinner and have a place for you and any pets to stay!

Old 09-18-2009, 04:46 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
so glad she made her way back to you....... dogs KNOW.......

paws crossed that she is forever removed from that jerk's orbit........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs