Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 02:51 PM

738 posts, read 2,958,702 times

Advertisements

My dog is extremely friendly - she never barks or growls at anyone (she just snorts as her general greeting and expression for everything), she likes to calmly sniff other dogs, and is generally indifferent to anything going on in the house.

We've noticed these past few weeks that she dislikes House (the actual TV show doctor). Usually she never pays any notice to the tv or sounds with other shows, but recently she sits down in front of the screen and watches House when it comes on. Anytime he comes on screen and talks, she'll stand up and start growling directly at his character on the screen.

I've never seen anything like it before!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 03:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times
Funniest thing my dog does is her dominent thing. She is a female dog and lets just say she H*mps the cat. The cat just looks at us as to say WTH?

Old 10-23-2009, 03:29 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,429,415 times
I know lots of dogs do this, but mine takes the cake when he tilts his head. He'll be looking at me and I'll start talking to him, and he'll do the CUTEST head tilt like he's wondering what I'm saying or he's listening intensely. It makes me melt!!

Old 10-23-2009, 03:49 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times
When we go though the car wash, as we come out, my dogs shake off as if they were wet.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:10 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,429,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
When we go though the car wash, as we come out, my dogs shake off as if they were wet.
I should take my dog through the car wash! Either he'd LOVE it, or he'd pee all over my car

Old 10-23-2009, 04:54 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,432,311 times
My dogs have made 3 cross-country trips with me. We'd stop every couple of hours for a potty/exercise break. When it was time to get back in the truck and put their seat belts on, they would trade seats. The dog that had been in the front seat for the last leg of the journey would hop in the back and give someone else a turn to sit up front. They did this every single time and they did it without any direction from me.

My male Siberian, Jack, is very chatty. He can say "I want out". At least, that what it sounds like and he only says it when he wants to go out. We were stopped at a rest area and there were several other dogs so, I told my guys we were going to wait a few minutes before we got out of the truck. Jack stuck his head out the window and yelled "I want out!". People got quite a kick out of that.

My female Siberian, Naala, is funny when she eats. She's so dainty. I gave her a Ritz cracker the other night and she got eleven bites out of it. She takes little mouse nibbles.

My puppy, Abby, is always so happy. She's one of those dogs that wags her entire body, not just her tail. When she walks and wags, she gets up on her toes and looks like she's trying to do the twist.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:03 PM

519 posts, read 1,378,317 times
Love

Old 10-23-2009, 05:12 PM

519 posts, read 1,378,317 times
I have to Collies, and I swear they fight like kids, ya know one has a toy and the other wants it, the one Collie I have Maddie, is extemely mouthy, I walk over pointing my finger at her and she talks back, I think she is a teenager reincarnated.
And one day she was getting ready to run into the house and hit the screen door going pretty fast bounced off and looked at me like hey, why did you do that...
These stories are awsome, just come here when ya need a good laugh..
Thanks for the funnies.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:46 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,179,977 times
I have a senior Corgi/spaniel/Aussie shepherd (?) mix - she looks like a little washed out red merle mini Aussie Shepherd with short legs and a bob tail...she is getting up in years and loves to go for walks, but can't keep up with me on my long walks, so I bought a used pet stroller for her. I push the stroller and let her walk until she's tired, then put her in the stroller and we continue on our way.

The neighbors all laugh at her because when she's riding in the stroller, she holds her nose way up in the air and looks from side to side at the passing scenery, and looks as if she's some kind of royalty, with me, her dedicated servant, pushing her. All she needs is a little hat like one of Queen Elizabeth's to complete the look.

BTW, since I got the stroller, she actually walks MORE. I think it's because we go new and different places which pique her interest in exploring. My town has dozens of miles of dedicated bike paths, so we don't go the same way every time. When she's rested in the stroller awhile, she stands up and that's my cue that she wants to get out and walk for awhile again. In this way she often walks a good half-hour or more, compared to her old, shorter walks.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:00 PM

1,371 posts, read 3,701,731 times
I am LOVING these responses! It's so funny to hear what other people's dogs do! And for those who don't get to see it, it's a real treat to just imagine what it must be like! I don't know what my life would be like without a little bugger around to cause trouble and then love me unconditionally no matter how much trouble he/she gets into!

Another thing Dooley likes to do is chase the laser dot! I always thought of it as a cat thing, but he just absolutely can not get enough of it! It's particularly funny when I shine it on the ceiling because he always has to lift one foot to get what he thinks is a better vantage point. We've been using it for years and he gets even more wound up every time we use it! Just the sounds of the drawer we keep it in opening makes him go completely nuts! It's a good exercise tool for indoors when the weather is bad (or too cold) outside..

Kind of along the same lines as the stroller, he LOVES his Rover trailer! We throw him in there when we go for long bike rides so he can come with us! It allows us to take him somewhere further than we would walk, but not so far that we have to drive. He just lays down, lifts his head up and enjoys the breeze. He's so funny to watch and people just get a kick out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs