Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:00 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,948,082 times

Advertisements

the kennel is best in MHO because its like a little den or safe hidey-hole for the dog and she will feel safe .. I always kennel the dog when I leave the house and they sleep till I get back .. like a little kids secerity blanlket
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 01:31 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I'm not a fan of crating for the most part but your x-pen sounds like it will give her a little more room and mobility. Hopefully she will be able to pee in one end and then move to the other end to stay clean and dry. Would'n't closing her in a bathroom on linoleum with a soft bed be about the same?

I have a tiny condo, and an even tinier bathroom, just the toilet and tub/shower in there, the basin is actually outside the bathroom, at the end of the hallway. Too small for her to be in there, she'd have more room with the pen.

I sincerely regret laying down the laminate flooring instead of the linoleum, but I was thinking more as a homeowner and not a dog owner. Dummy me.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:43 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Caring for your pets' safety and well-being enough to keep them out of harm's way when you are not there to supervise them is cruel? BS. Take it somewhere else.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:54 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
Default Update... she's done well this first week

Scarlet did well her first week. The first 3 days (Mon thru Wed) she was a bit confused when I put her in the pen. She walked around it for a few minutes, bumping into the the pen several times, then finally settled on her bed. When I got home, she was awake, but laying down. She did use the pad and her blanket to go on, but no big deal, that's what washing machines are for. And my floor was dry.

By Thursday morning, I put her in the pen, and she right away rearranged her bed and blanket the way she likes it, settled down, and went back to sleep. I came home, and she was asleep. Same for Friday, settled down really quick.

So, things are easier now. No big messes to look for and mop up. I take her out of her pen and put her outside so she can wander to find a place to go, then I bring her back in. Same for when she wakes in the morning. Soooo much easier for me now, though I do have to watch her closely in the evening when she's walking around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs