Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 04:11 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,669 times

Advertisements

The Buffalo Wild Wings plans were put up for bid today. And where is it going? The Old Gander Mt building in the SE corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 05:41 PM

781 posts, read 2,629,635 times
Hooray! I sure hope they repave that parking lot.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:50 PM

Buffalo Wild Wings plans to be their store build out on October 1st. It is estimated it will take 10 weeks to build the Duluth location.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:57 AM

72 posts, read 177,738 times
super fast, thats awesome! I suppose having the building there makes it go quicker. I wonder how it will be partitioned off? I wonder how many businesses will be in the building? I wonder if anyone else signed on yet? I wonder I wonder I wonder....

Old 09-06-2009, 11:58 AM

The parking lot will be milled and overlaid. And I believe it splits right before the bump of the mountains... and goes back about three fourths of the building.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:10 PM

243 posts, read 594,847 times
In the Chalet Motel saga, I don't really have anything too exciting to report at this time. I just thought I would provide an update as far as what I have been told at this point.

Supposedly, offers continue to be made for property adjacent to the Chalet. The Chalet has not yet closed the deal - most likely because it is contingent on the adjoining property(ies). The adjacent property owners still did not accept the updated offer. I think this is really putting a crimp in the hopes for starting this year.

The property owners have been told now that it is a 'sports bar' type of restaurant. Could this be another BWW? What else could it be?

Anyway, that's all I know for now. They are very tight-lipped with what exactly will be going there, but supposedly there are already managers for what would go there. No clue!

Old 09-10-2009, 01:39 PM

72 posts, read 177,738 times
Two BWW? I doubt it but I did hear someone say normally BWW requires 2 restaurants to open when they go for a new city but i don't know why that should be the case and I really don't think they would open 2 at once without testing the waters of the first one (which i'm sure will be a huge success though). I did drive by the site today and saw the backdoor open with a few trucks in the lot including a construction van so they may be starting on it already

Old 09-10-2009, 02:03 PM

Yeah, that's a very good point! I don't think it would make sense to do two at once (even though I think Duluth could support it - no problem). I do think it would be a good spot, considering the traffic from the colleges just up 21st, and Woodland, though.

Hmmmm, I wonder if it is the rumored "Hooters" restaurant that has been scouting locations in the Downtown area. They had been quite interested in the old Charter location, but haven't heard the status in a while.

What other sports type bar/restaurants can you guys think of? Any other ideas?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 PM

A bid was just put in for a new Super One in Duluth....anyone have any idea where this is going? Or is this a remodel? Or what. The bid makes it sound like its a brand new, from the ground up, store.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
A bid was just put in for a new Super One in Duluth....anyone have any idea where this is going? Or is this a remodel? Or what. The bid makes it sound like its a brand new, from the ground up, store.
Oh, wow! I would have first thought it was for the new Lakeside Super One, but that one was just going to be an expansion from talking to the employees there. They've really added on to the parking lot, including some brick (looks so nice). A whole new store would be amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth