Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:09 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,450,040 times

Advertisements

John Johannson said that Chipotle will look at the site were Culvers and Texas Steak House is going being the rep for Minnesota is his friend. He said that there is a really good chance of Chipotle coming to Duluth sometime soon. Duluth just needs more chains period. Its starting to happen, but we dont have enough new retail being built yet. St. Cloud just got a Noodles and Company, so that means Duluth shouldnt be that far away. Do you know of any other retail stores coming to Duluth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 12:37 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,118,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminumpork View Post
Chipotles is definitely one place I'd love to see come in. But being that I've only seen Chipotles in the cities I don't see that happening. Fargo doesn't even have any chipotles, and it seems they have every chain known to man.
Burrito Union seems to remove any need for a Chipotle.

(Though, to be honest, I've never had Chipotle before)

Old 01-25-2008, 02:58 PM

781 posts, read 2,627,907 times
Oh I love Burrito Union as well. I mean, what could be better than beer, burritos and live music!? They've got that niche covered well, but for an area of over 200,000 people, I think we need more than one "real" burrito joint (no, Taco Johns and Taco Bell don't count).

Old 01-25-2008, 05:30 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,840 times
Why in the heck would anybody in Duluth want more chain restaurants?

Old 01-25-2008, 08:29 PM

Well I myself just want more chain stores becuase up here we cant get as many things as people can in the cities. So it would be nice to have some newer nicer stores, most of them chain stores being they are what many people are use to, becuase it would lessen the amount of need of driving to the cities. This is just my opinion.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:30 PM

Does anyone know what the store is that is going next to Wilsons Leather in Miller Hill Mall is?

Old 01-26-2008, 02:59 AM

781 posts, read 2,627,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Why in the heck would anybody in Duluth want more chain restaurants?
You say that as if we have a lot. It's not just restaurants, but just more businesses in general. I don't have anything against local places, but for everyday shopping and dining, it's nice to have options. The more the merrier. I see it as a disadvantage. If Duluth is looking to keep more of it's college population, it needs the businesses that are most popular among that age. That's obviously not nearly as important as jobs, housing, or general city attitude, but it's still a factor. Many of my friends who have moved away to the cities, or other areas of Minnesota regard Duluth as "not having anything" in comparison to the cities. That's partially true, even in comparison to cities similar in size (Fargo for example). I guess I just get excited every time something new comes in, whether or not I will actually go there. It just shows economic development and brings more of the conveniences of the Twin Cities to the city I truly love.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:18 AM

489 posts, read 1,914,287 times
Talking Yum Texas Roadhouse!!!

I think you guys mean Texas Roadhouse, not Texas Steak House. Texas Roadhouse has expanded considerably the last few years in the upper Midwest, and believe me it is one of the best steak houses, if not the best, I've ever patronized. I've visited Duluth quite a few times and it definitely needs more selection in all areas, food, clothing, etc... There's no reason cities half the size have more options (St Cloud, Fargo, Bismarck, etc..., even though I love those cities!)

Old 01-26-2008, 10:21 AM

Thats what I was wondering, I didnt know if it was Texas Steakhouse, being that is a chain but in the south. Or if it was Texas Roadhouse being that is closer in the midwest. What is it really?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:03 AM

By the way, I read in the newspaper today and it looks like Duluth will be getting a new Extended Stay Hotel and a new chain Restuarant. Names are going to be released once the site gets approval from the city to change its zoning. That should be around Feburary 13th. Hopefully the hotel is a StayBridge Suites or Residence Inn. And the restuarant, hopefully its something like a Romanos Macaroni Grill, T.G.I. Fridays or something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth