Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 01:13 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,451,200 times

Advertisements

What mall was this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 07:25 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
What mall was this?
Har-Mar Mall, just south of Rosedale. Its a really old one that has gone through several renovations throughout its existence. It is currently anchored by Cub, Marshall's, Staples and Barnes&Noble. The Dress Barn and BWW are next to each other.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:19 PM

55 posts, read 116,834 times
Im not intereseted with any of the new stores comming to our mall. accept for 5 guys. and why do we need a kbf... there is one in superior.... not a true mall store if you ask me

Old 07-15-2009, 10:37 PM

Har-Mar-Mall has seen its troubling times. Thats why it has had so many renovations, the malls owner keep remodeling in hopes of attracting more retailers. Its been doing some good lately.

KBF is not at all a Regional Mall retailer. It will not last long at all, as we have already seen when it was at the MHM earlier this year. They should really have a store go in the old Waldenbooks that caters to people between 30 and 50 years old. Express would be a great or a Banana Republic.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:26 PM

16 posts, read 47,028 times
Wow sounds like some good places. I usually go to BN, Sears, JCP and some of the resturants. Can't wait to check out some of the new stores soon.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:52 PM

Saw the interior of Maurices... wasnt very impressed. I dont think they did very much besides moving the checkouts and painting. The woman who was interviewed said it was a totally gutting of the store. I do not believe that was exactly the case. But oh well. It looks better than before.

I saw into the Dressbarn space. They are really moving quickly. Right now they have the structure framed out. And I am happy to say that it is not a flat wall for a store front! There are some box outs to it. I have not seen a Dressbarn mall location before so I do not know what to expect. Does anyone else know what they tend to look like?

Old 07-18-2009, 11:12 PM

i seen one in basically the bussiest most boring mall in new york. it was called the manhatten mall and it was like 8 floors but about 10 stores per floor. the dressbarn looked like a glass storefront and logo. they are nothing special...... the mall had a cool aspect to it. the top like 9 floors were a hotel and some resturants and way at the top there was a huge skylight. the whole place was an atrium basically..
on the bottom floor there was a random food court under the street and on the other side there was a subway entrance. this was also next to the 7 story macy's

Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 PM

over the weekend i visited many malls... i went to the northbrook mall in chicago.. it was really unafordable but nice. there wasnt a food court but there was a burberry , louis vuitton, , and nieman marcun.

on our way home we stopped in the dells. and they have probably the best outlet i have been to , it had a coach outlet that was like younkers priced and ralph lauren and the main teen stores like abercrombie hollister and american eagle.

and our final stop was at the eau claire mall. it was nice. had good shops like xpress and good department stores like macys and younkers..

i think our mall is screwed now.. we just got a dressbarn and that space was a good one and could have had something different. dredssbarn is just like muarices and is not special. and kbf took over another space with good potential.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:46 AM

Whoa. Am I reading wrong or did the Miller Hill Mall just fill its last open Food Court space? I was looking on the mall's website and now it has China Max - Chicken Now Coming Soon on it. It makes me wonder, they are not listed as two seperate stores, so are they going to be going on the same space? Or are they counting the old Burger King and Happy Days space just as one space for the moment being they are boxed out together and are right next to each other? They couldnt possibly be in the same store... they are far too different of eateries. Anyone know what the case is?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:03 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
Whoa. Am I reading wrong or did the Miller Hill Mall just fill its last open Food Court space? I was looking on the mall's website and now it has China Max - Chicken Now Coming Soon on it. It makes me wonder, they are not listed as two seperate stores, so are they going to be going on the same space? Or are they counting the old Burger King and Happy Days space just as one space for the moment being they are boxed out together and are right next to each other? They couldnt possibly be in the same store... they are far too different of eateries. Anyone know what the case is?
I hope a different chinese place replaces the one that is in the food court at the present, their food is not that good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth