Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2022, 08:16 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Make sure you are either understanding or stating this properly. Just because someone goes to an emergency room doesn’t mean they get treatment/care, illegal, uninsured or otherwise. What is and should always be covered is emergency care which is not the same thing as going to the emergency room.

I agree that emergency care should be provided to illegals, and an ICE officer waiting to take them into custody as soon as they are discharged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 09:30 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I agree that emergency care should be provided to illegals, and an ICE officer waiting to take them into custody as soon as they are discharged.
Should law enforcement be waiting for anyone who has any legal issues after emergency care or just illegal aliens?

Old 06-10-2022, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Should law enforcement be waiting for anyone who has any legal issues after emergency care or just illegal aliens?

Anyone, of course. And if police know a patient in the hospital has a warrant out they will. It's only illegals that get a free pass.

Old 06-10-2022, 07:40 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,953,992 times
Living paycheck to paycheck is almost always a choice.

Even lower income earners. If you make $40,000 a year then live like the guy that makes $38,000 a year and you'll no longer be paycheck to paycheck. Everyone wants to say they live paycheck to paycheck regardless of their income. People just like to spend what they earn and never want to make any type of "sacrifice"

Old 06-10-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Anyone, of course. And if police know a patient in the hospital has a warrant out they will. It's only illegals that get a free pass.
Well the reality is immigration status isn’t run by the hospital and neither are warrant checks. It would have to be circumstantial reasons for either to occur, but please go on with the nonsense

Old 06-12-2022, 01:08 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
$8K in taxes? You've got to have a big house.
True, $8,000/mo. IS a hefty tax bill. But, oh well...

Old 06-12-2022, 01:20 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Quote:
If you wonder, who's paying their bill, just take a look at your health insurance premium.

If your employer is paying it, so you don't "see" it, then it's free, I guess...

Well, it's free until you share a room with one, and they brought MRSA with them...

Then, it isn't so "free" anymore...

By the way, this never happens in a hospital. I oughtta know, as I go back tomorrow @ 7 am for patients...

snipped before a mod did

Old 06-12-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
If you wonder, who's paying their bill, just take a look at your health insurance premium.

If your employer is paying it, so you don't "see" it, then it's free, I guess...

Well, it's free until you share a room with one, and they brought MRSA with them...

Then, it isn't so "free" anymore...

By the way, this never happens in a hospital. I oughtta know, as I go back tomorrow @ 7 am for patients...

snipped before a mod did
Strange is it only illegals that can’t pay for emergency care and carry mrsa? Or do legal residence have the same issue?

Old 06-12-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Strange is it only illegals that can’t pay for emergency care and carry mrsa? Or do legal residence have the same issue?

Obviously the problem isn't confined to illegals but I think the odds of an illegal not paying for their health care is significantly higher. We simply do not owe illegals the same benefits that we might extend to our citizens.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:26 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
You can't pump a sky high stock market with interest rate rises and QT going on... it got so ridiculously high in the first place because of MMTers wanting to pump liquidity into the markets so they could pump up their asset prices.

Top and bottom suck from the middle. Using QE to pump up the S&P 500 is basically welfare for the rich.

As long as they continue QT markets will go down.

Now the smart money who sold last October will use their proceeds to buy residential real estate and other assets during the collapse.

This whole thing was orchestrated to concentrate wealth upward, while throwing the people in the middle a bone because they thought their $400 investment into Tesla turning into $1200 made them super rich, lol.

Throw the sheep a bone while the super rich fleece them while they aren't paying attention.

We can only hope there is some deflation, because the irrationally exuberant heroin addicts finally need some withdraw pains. We have become a society of stimulation addicts, from screens, to drugs, to monetary stimulus, sex, you name it, try getting people to settle down and be present for 20 minutes.... to stop consuming and stop the hamster wheel grind of dopamine driven hedonism.

Most people where I work spend recklessly... my guess is that high income earners do the same... spend right up to their income limits and live paycheck to paycheck. Their only saving grace would be sky high real estate prices from supply demand imbalances. Hopefully a good deflationary implosion can take care of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics